• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New York father has been charged with reckless endangerment for leaving his infant daughter alone on a subway platform early Sunday morning.

Josh Perez, who lives in the Bronx, told police that he boarded an uptown 6 train with his six-month-old daughter and then switched to a number 5 train at 125th Street.

The 26-year-old said the next thing he remembers is waking up at the President Street in Crown Heights, roughly 12 miles away, without his baby girl.

Perez called police to report the baby missing and had officers pick him up in Brooklyn.

A commuter spotted the infant at the 86th Street and Lexington Avenue station, on the southbound platform where the 4, 5 and 6 trains operate, around 4.20 am Eastern, police said.

The good Samaritan alerted MTA officials, who called the police.

Upon their arrival at the 86th Street station, emergency responders immediately took the baby girl to New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center for evaluation.

As authorities cared for the infant, they almost simultaneously heard from Perez and his girlfriend, Vanessa Almodovar.

Police said Perez and Almodovar, 27, had been at a friend's house with their daughter when they got into an argument inside the 110th street 6-line station, according to the New York Post.

Almodovar went back to the friend's house and left Perez to take the baby home.

Perez is suspected of being drunk, or high on drugs, or both, at the time, according to police sources cited by the Post.

It's still not clear how the baby ended up abandoned on the subway platform, and police are reviewing footage to check Perez's story.

Police said Almodovar met investigators at the hospital and was reunited with her daughter.

Perez was initially held at the Transit District 4 substation in Union Square following his arrest and was charged with abandonment of a child, acting in a manner injurious to a child and reckless endangerment.

Sources told the Post that Perez has had several run-ins with the law, including 16 prior arrests. The last time he was arrested was in 2016 for a misdemeanor, but the record is sealed.

A rep for the city’s Administration for Children’s Services said the agency is ‘investigating the case with the NYPD’.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kless-endangerment-baby-abandoned-subway.html

Take that baby away from both of them.
Him for this incident and her for choosing him to have a baby with.
You make it sound like her only fault is that she's bad at choosing dick. She took her 6 month old out partying, threw a fit and then walked away and left baby to catch a train home at 4:30am with someone who was so fucked up that they didn't even make it home. She is just as responsible as he is for what happened.

Zero common sense. Zero parenting skills.

You make it sound like her only fault is that she's bad at choosing dick.
I sure didn't mean to sound that way.
Because I don't care what she does for her dick fix.
the police didn't think she did anything wrong. They gave the baby to her.
. Police said Almodovar met investigators at the hospital and was reunited with her daughter

Both parents prioritize partying over their child’s welfare, poor kid.

@Satanic
May 31, 2018

Josh Perez, 27, spaced-out dad who forgot his baby daughter on an East Harlem subway platform — leaving her there in her stroller and heading home — was spared a jail sentence Thursday after agreeing to some badly needed drug and parenting programs.

Perez, 27, pleaded guilty in Manhattan Criminal Court to misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child, along with one count of disorderly conduct, a violation.

Police sources have told The Post that they believe Perez was drunk, high or both when he absentmindedly abandoned the baby at 2:30 in the morning this past March, as he switched trains at 125th Street.

The dad was all the way back home in The Bronx when he finally remembered the kid.

If Perez completes drug and alcohol treatment, and finishes a “Friends 2 Father” parenting program, he can return to court in a year, withdraw his plea to the misdemeanor and be left with just the violation on his record.

But if he skips the programs or is rearrested, prosecutors can toss him in jail for up to a year on the misdemeanor.

Perez wouldn’t speak to a reporter after court; mom Vanessa Almodovar sobbed in response to a question about the child, who was rescued, unharmed, by a good Samaritan.
https://nypost.com/2018/05/31/dad-who-left-baby-daughter-on-subway-platform-dodges-jail/
1545001906106.png

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.perez.33234571?lst=100023237853670:100006399634101:1545002396
Jason Montalvo, 36, said he allowed Perez to move into his and his wife’s East Harlem apartment about two years ago and that the pair began having an affair.

“I don’t like him. He was my friend. He moved into my house, and he slept with my wife. He stole her from me,’’ Montalvo said.

The Post was unable to contact the girlfriend, Vanessa Almodovar, Monday.

But Jason Montalvo said Perez hit a new low Sunday.

“Who leaves a kid like that?’’ Montalvo said. “That’s f–ked up.”
https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/mom-of-man-accused-of-abandoning-baby-insists-hes-a-great-father/

Last edited:
Well i hope he tries as hard at this program as he does as racking up charges ... maybe there will be hope for him ... who knows.

The combination of this man and woman just might be toxic. The way their relationship started seems like it would make trusting each other and respecting boundaries difficult.

He was not a kid, he was 27, at the time of his ignorant and selfish choices. Anything could have happened to that baby.

Back