• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Video captures the moment a parent sitting court side at a youth basketball tournament in California appears to trip a player from the competing team.

Players, coaches and parents from the Cornerstone Basketball Academy based in Vallejo traveled miles away to take part in the Hardwood Palace tournament Saturday against the Folsom Elite Basketball Academy.

"This specific team is our 10-year-old and under team," said Eugene Solano, the director of the Vallejo team.

Solano told KTXL he was first notified by his players during the game of unsportsmanlike conduct from a parent sitting on the bench.

"One of the kids during one of the timeouts had said, 'Hey coach, there's a parent on the sideline, it's a woman you know, I think she's wearing a pink hat,' pretty specific. 'And she’s telling their kids to elbow us in the face,'" he recalled.

Solano said coaches and parents often record video highlights to show back to their kids. The same footage also showed the woman in the pink hat appearing to stick out her foot while a 9-year-old Vallejo player dribbles the ball past her.

"Is this a specific incident that occurred with this particular parent and are there other parents who take child or youth athletics this seriously where you would actually attempt to harm a child?" Solano said.

The general manager of Hardwood Palace was also notified about the incident. He said they’ve asked that the woman not be allowed to return to a tournament. He went on to say both organizations are great teams that hold their members accountable.

They should have named this idiot so people could trip her every time she is out in public.

If I was running the league I would declare that the team had forfeited all its games in the tournament due to unsportsmanlike conduct from a team supporter. And I would have said, "From here on out, dem's da rules. If you, as a parent or team supporter, enter the court and are not a coach, if you coach the team members to assault members of opposing teams, If you, as a parent or team supporter, do anything to cause your team to win by any means other than superior skill, your team loses all its games.

"And on the other side of that coin, falling under the "any means other than superior skill" rubric, if you falsely claim that a supporter of the other team has done anything to aid his or her team to win by means other than superior skill, your team loses. We will pull the tapes and review them upon any complaint, so you will be caught."

--Al

It looked like some half-assed attempt to me and maybe she was intentionally trying to be subtle knowing the games were being videoed. I will say that if you're sitting that close to the action and the action comes near you, you don't move a muscle until it passes. It's too coincidental that she felt the need to adjust her leg at that exact moment. I'm not buying it.

Been there with children in team sports and such and I agree it's usually the parents who are creating chaos. One dad kept screaming at his OWN son so much he was banned from the field for the rest of the year. Had to sit across the street under a tree at the EMC to watch. Couldn't hear him screaming from there.

Totally mature. That kid was just waiting to be tripped. It was his fault. He shouldn't have been running by her. Everybody knows what a tripper she is. (sarc off) Her poor kid. She never thought of the bullying he will take for her stupid childish action. Stake her out and let each player go buy and give her a good kick. Then ban her from all games.

Back