• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

Oroville police arrested an an employee at a local care facility who they said was stealing from elderly patients.
Pamela Gonzalez, 26 of Oroville, was arrested for financial elder abuse and burglary.

Police said Gonzalez worked at a local care facility, and used her position to enter the rooms of unsuspecting patients. Once inside, police said Gonzalez accessed the personal belongings of the patients and stole their money.
[...]

The biggest theft is the amount of money those places charge for the minimal care they give in return.
Isnt that the truth.

My stepmoms mother was paying $15 thousand a month for care level at some swanky place. They didn't even make sure she was drinking fluids or eating. She ended up in a regular hospital for dehydration and a kidney infection.

The staff told my stepmom it was up to her to get up and walk to the dining room at meal time.
Even though she suffered from dementia.

Some asshole stole my mother's money that she was going to use to get her hair done at the in-house salon. I doubt your money is safe at any of these facilities. The biggest theft is the amount of money those places charge for the minimal care they give in return.
Unfortunately, my mom turned into the thief at the assisted living place where she lives. She was doing pretty good until her dog died, then she started going downhill. She would walk into other peoples rooms, pick up stuff and leave. When she was confronted, she would just start laughing and say it was a joke. Then one day one of the employees was driving to work and he noticed someone who looked like my mom almost 2 miles away from the place. They were thoughtful enough to call and see if she was there. The searched for her and she was no where to be found. The employee had followed mom, so when the came to get her, the could easily find her. She said she was looking for her dog. She's now in the memory care unit. $1,200 a month more. She locked into the unit and can't leave unless it's with family.

Unfortunately, my mom turned into the thief at the assisted living place where she lives. She was doing pretty good until her dog died, then she started going downhill. She would walk into other peoples rooms, pick up stuff and leave. When she was confronted, she would just start laughing and say it was a joke. Then one day one of the employees was driving to work and he noticed someone who looked like my mom almost 2 miles away from the place. They were thoughtful enough to call and see if she was there. The searched for her and she was no where to be found. The employee had followed mom, so when the came to get her, the could easily find her. She said she was looking for her dog. She's now in the memory care unit. $1,200 a month more. She locked into the unit and can't leave unless it's with family.
I think the thievery goes along with dementia.
My ex mother in law lived next door to her son, my ex. She would sneak into his house and steal his stuff and put it in her house. She also would go into his shed and take gardening tool, take them home and mark them with spray paint. When confronted, she would insist she went to town and bought them or someone gave them to her. But when she was finally put into a nursing home, no one could steal from her. Another resident came into her room and took her sweater and she punched her in the face. They kicked Leona out.

Back