• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I don't watch GoT but apparently people aren't liking how the show is ending.....

The “Game of Thrones” Season 8 finale hasn’t even aired yet and fans are already demanding a do-over.

More than 180,000 pissed-off keyboard warriors have “signed” a Change.org petition calling for a remake of the last season of HBO’s adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s beloved fantasy books.

“David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on,” rages petition launcher Dylan D., of Fort Worth, Texas. “This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!”

The Post has reached out to HBO for comment.

Benioff and Weiss are taking quite an online beating over what diehard “GoT” fans consider a lazy last effort.

The backlash started brewing with complaints about the too-dark-to-see Battle of Winterfell and gained steam right up until “Coffeegate” — when a Starbucks-like coffee cup was accidentally left in a scene.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/angry-game-of-thrones-fans-sign-petition-demanding-season-8-remake/

Just broke 525,000.

I wonder if we can get the same for the last season of Lost?

Honestly, I see a trend here were people get so into these shows there really never will be a way to end the in a way that pleases anyone.

I personally am happy that it's pissing people off. They are such whiny little bastards. My stalkers love Game Of Thrones so I am pretty sure they signed the petition. Of all the things to bitch about. I feel like these people act like spoiled children and George R R Martin should give them all the finger. Fuck what they want. That's what they get.

I have enjoyed Game of Thrones quite a bit. I will admit this final season has been a massive letdown and the writing has been incredibly lacking. They have made some terribly large mistakes in storytelling. And yes I enjoy talking to friends about it and bitching and complaining about it and saying what should have been changed and what could have been better.

What I am not is some whiny little bitch that thinks by signing some stupid petition something is going to change entertainment for me. There are bigger fish to fry in the world and much more important issues to focus on. I think they are making themselves look like bloody idiots. People really get need to get their priorities in life straight.

I still haven't gotten over the last episode of the Sopranos. Now there will never be a follow up due to the death of James Gandolfini. Oh well, there's more important things in life to bitch about.

I still haven't gotten over the last episode of the Sopranos. Now there will never be a follow up due to the death of James Gandolfini. Oh well, there's more important things in life to bitch about.

There's a prequel! Did you not want Tony to die in the last episode?

Honestly, I see a trend here were people get so into these shows there really never will be a way to end the in a way that pleases anyone.

Nah, GOT final season goes far beyond this.

It's important to keep in mind that GOT is a show built around almost never giving viewers satisfaction or payoff, a show that goes out of its way to almost punish the viewer by heaping as much misfortune and pain and death on the good guys and favorites as it can, all while preserving the villains and giving them victory after victory after victory. MOST GOT fans should not and i dont believe did in fact expect a satisfying payoff even in the ultimate endgame.

That said, STILL not getting proper satisfaction is quite lame and some of the decisions defy all logic. But that's not the big issue here.

The problem is the writing legit simply does not make sense. There are some absurd contrivances, just dimwitted nonsensical things that occur that immediately take a viewer completely out of the show. But even worse, and I wont spoil anything, but the writers made some drastic, massive moments occur this season, most notably in one singular episode that should have required at least a full season of careful, deliberate build up towards. Instead, these events happened with almost no buildup, certainly no proper setup or development, again, in one singular ep. It's even worse when news broke that HBO wanted a full 10 episdoe season, but the show runners refused and opted to cram it all into 6. WHat viewers are left with is a show that seemed ot have just thrown all sense and planning and character development deliberately into the shitter in exchange for a shocking conclusion, just ofr the sake of said shock.

It's truly bad, pisspoor writing. And it sucks. This isnt merely a ,"well ya cant please everyone!" type of deal here. The show always had a shit ton of needless alterations and inferior changes that ruffled book readers' feathers. But as it's own standalone thing, it was incredibly well done and without any major storytelling or writing flaws(there's some flaws, but again, nothing TOO significant or major). So for the final season to turn out like this, it's just shocking and in the most negative way imaginable. It's almost like the writers are playing a prank on the audience to be honest, it's that bad.

Post automatically merged:

The show runners are doing Star Wars stuff next.

Other than this petition simply being funny and hopefully hurting the ego of the show runners(and make no mistake, these guys have some massive egos, it's quite apparent if you read up or listen to them at all), THIS is why such a thing matters.

These dudes are going to be one of the hottest commodities in the world of entertainment for some time. Viewers SHOULD make abundantly clear how much these guys blow, otherwise who knows how many other properties are going to get shit on too. Star Wars of course has already been turned into a soulless, generic joke, but there's other shit out there that has yet to be tarnished by creative minds who dont actually give a shit about anything but a buck.

Then again, controversy is great for tv. Im not sure any big wig would be anything but overjoyed that something like GOT season 8 occurred on their watch. HBO no doubt is fucking LOVING this right now.

No, I did not want Tony to die and they kind of left it hanging as to what really occurred, IMO.

To be fair, he doesnt die in that last dpisode. That finale ep is fucking trash because they didnt have the balls to give viewrs a conclusion at all. What they did isnt edgy or artsy or anything of the sort, it's just pointless, gutless, and stupid. NOTHING happens, and that can not be denied.

Last edited:
Babs said:
No, I did not want Tony to die and they kind of left it hanging as to what really occurred, IMO.

To be fair, he doesnt die in that last dpisode. That finale ep is fucking trash because they didnt have the balls to give viewrs a conclusion at all. What they did isnt edgy or artsy or anything of the sort, it's just pointless, gutless, and stupid. NOTHING happens, and that can not be denied.

I totally agree. That pissed me off royally.

Spoilers showcasing how fucking idiotic the writing is...

So they spent over 7 seasons building up a character to be THE embodiment, the symbol, of what it means to be righteous and good and noble. And then, in the final episode, this same character is in literal tears as he vehemently argued that the brutal rape and slaughter of millions of innocent men, women, and children was the RIGHT move, or at least something one cant easily disagree with. Showing ANY crisis of conscious with him in the slightest in the final episode is a SHOCKING level of stupid, nonsensical writing and completely and totally DESTROYS the character. There is no room for argument on this.

Seriously, no exaggeration, the equivalent is if we had Captain America giving an IMPASSIONED speech where he argues in favor of Hitler or at least questions if his actions were really all that bad. That's exactly what the show did here in the finale episode.

The idiocy of the writing is mindblowing.

SPOILERS

Last edited:
The petition isn't going to change anything. They're never going to redo the season. It's just an outlet for fans to express their disappointment.

There's a few shows and books where I've been disappointed by the endings, but I just have to remember it wasn't my story to tell and I have to respect the writers. However, some writing is just bad which I expect might be the case here (I haven't watched the last three episodes yet, and I'm at the point where I'm not all that interested).

Maybe he'll finish the books and we'll have a more satisfying ending.

Game Of Thrones: Sophie Turner hits out at 'disrespectful' petition calling for remake

She should be gunning for it too. Bimbo is not going to have much of a career with GOT finished and after Dark Phoenix flops like the dead on arrival turd it is. She should be clinging to anything and everything she can get when it comes to GOT.

I’m a fan, have no issues with the finale

Try watching it again but with your brain turned on.

She should be gunning for it too. Bimbo is not going to have much of a career with GOT finished and after Dark Phoenix flops like the dead on arrival turd it is. She should be clinging to anything and everything she can get when it comes to GOT.

Try watching it again but with your brain turned on.
Sure jack anything you say

Back