• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother has been detained by police for tossing her newborn son out of a third-storey window in south China.

The boy landed on a balcony a floor below and was rescued by horrified neighbours who heard the infant crying.

Police told Chinese media that the 22-year-old woman gave birth out of wedlock on Saturday and chucked the baby out of the flat after cutting his umbilical cord. The boy was rushed to hospital and in stable condition, according to reports.

Neighbours in the residential building in Changsha, Hunan province said they heard intermittent cries coming from the balcony and thought it was a cat, according to The Paper.

'I arrived at work at about 8:30am and one of my colleagues, who is a mother, recognized the sound as a baby's cry,' one witness told video news site Pear.

'We looked out of the flat and was so shocked to see a baby lying on the balcony. I was in tears,' she said, adding that they immediately called police

The young mother, identified by her surname Fu, moved to the provincial capital from Taojiang county for work, according to The Paper.

The woman gave birth to the boy alone in the flat, cut his umbilical cord and threw him out of the window, according to the report quoting an official.

She is currently under police investigation.

Back