• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
If all you can or want to do is pray, that will also be greatly appreciated. She was close to death Saturday. She was running a fever Friday night, so they took her to Cook's Children's where she's being treated. Her DNC count was 5000 and then went down to 480 and then 10, so she had no immune system. She's doing better now after IV antibiotics and blood transfusions, but it's going to be difficult to keep her from these infections during treatment. Very scary.

Hello, my name is Keri, my daughter, Erin, was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other health issues, last month. Due to this diagnosis she has had to undergo a very complicated Chemotherapy. Every 21 days we start an 8 day round of chemo- inpatient at the hospital. As a result, I have been unable to get back to work. So I’ve started this Go Fund Me fundraiser to help with the financial strain we are already experiencing. Any help is greatly appreciated. We are also in need of prayers as we’ve just checked back in to the hospital, after her blood draw last night we found out her immune system has been wiped out by the Chemotherapy. So lots of prayers please.❤️ Thanks so much in advance.

Omg, her other daughter is being tested for cancer now. She had a molar pregnancy after her first kid. She had to be taken to hospital yesterday morning due to extreme anemia. She had bloody stools for two weeks and didn't do anything about it. That hospital has turned out to be very bad, so Keri called Cook Children's and they agreed to accept her. First hospital still hadn't given them any test results plus splattered blood on the floor of her room and didn't bother to clean it up and the nurse put a cup of blood (open) into the trash can.

Gestational trophoblastic disease encompasses several disease processes that originate in the placenta. These include complete and partial moles, placental site trophoblastic tumors, choriocarcinomas, and invasive moles. A diet deficient in animal fat and carotene may be a risk factor. [1] More recently, Japanese investigators have identified a novel homozygous nonsense mutation in the NLRP7 gene (c.584G>A; p.W195X) in a patient that appears to associated with recurrent hydatidiform mole. [2] They also noted that the mole was biparental, and there was a specific maternal loss of DNA methylation of differentially methylated regions (DMRs). [2]
Almost all women with malignant gestational trophoblastic disease can be cured with preservation of reproductive function. The following discussion is limited to hydatidiform moles (complete and partial)

Cooks will test for cancer. This is just unbelievable. :(

It gets worse. This older daughter never went to any of her follow up appointments for this mole, so the tissue has now spread and become a serious problem. It's not cancer yet. She's a Medicaid patient, so she's been transferred to Parkland in Dallas. Those appointments wouldn't have cost her anything, and it appears she just didn't want to be bothered.

Erin is almost cancer free. She has responded better than expected to the chemo and will not have to have follow up radiation treatments!

Back