• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565293466085.png

If we were to make a global top 100 ice cream flavors list, hot-dog probably wouldn’t make the cut, but that hasn’t stopped American processed meat giant Oscar Mayer from announcing the launch of a hot-dog-flavored ice cream sandwich.

Shaking up the hot-dog scene seems like a tall order, but Oscar Mayer is willing to try with its soon-to-hit-the-shelves hot dog ice cream sandwich. Made up of sweet hot-dog cream, candied hot-dog bits, and spicy Dijon mustard gelato, all squeezed between two soft cookie buns, the upcoming treat is advertised as the best way to enjoy a hot-dog in ice cream form. It’s not clear if this is just a one-time marketing stunt or a permanent addition to the Oscar Mayer family of products, but one thing is for sure, hot-dog ice cream sandwich is a real thing.

People Magazine reports that Oscar Mayer partnered with New York City-based ice cream company Il Laboratorio Del Gelato to work out the details of transforming the classic hot dog into an ice cream, and will share the fruits of their labor with the world come August 12, when the “Ice Dog Sandwich” is finally launched.

I love a good hotdog. I love ice cream. But I don't think I want a mish-mash of them together like that. It sort of reminds me of pureed hospital food. I think I'm gonna pass on this.
PS. My favorites are Vienna Beef Hotdogs and Polish. They make a fine pastrami, too.

Casu Marzu is way up on the list of things we want to try, along with hakarl. I think you're the only person I've ever come across who's tried it. Any comments, thoughts or descriptions?
It was extremely sharp and pungent. The sensation of it moving in your mouth was bizarre. I couldn't say it was super delicious, but it was unique.

I have a friend who tried hakarl a year or two back. She said the taste was actually not super strong, just the smell. If you could get past the smell, it was fine. I think she even had a second piece.

I am hoping to make slatur in the next few years. Maybe have a party with other foodies and make it as a group project. They sell buckets of blood at a local Korean supermarket.

Back