• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CPL CHUD

Trusted Member
I'm a big fan of Codemaster's games. Well, two of their titles, but they are the only ones I've played and they never got any fanfare....Blades of Darkness and Operation Flashpoint, the later which consumed more hours of gameplay for me than some of the more popular titles like Call of Duty: World at War and Halo. This was a game for hardcore military sim lunatics.

What really appealed to me about Operation Flashpoint was the fact that it's very open ended. You could roam around the enviroments (which are HUGE) for hours at a time, picking off enemy troops at long range with a sniper rifle, hiding in buildings from Hind-D helicopters, basically just screwing around trying to have fun with the game mechanics. I played it on computer, so the mods to the game probably extended its life far beyond what the developers intended, but never the less I had a blast with it. Plus the game felt brutally unforgiving and realistic. It treated each player like a common grunt. One bullet...one good placement....you're dead. You can get hobbled, suffer combat wounds, or can end up with zero ammo, squad completely wiped out, and surrounded by the enemy.

That's why I'm super pumped about the new Operation Flashpoint title coming out on XBOX 360 in October. I read one hands on review for it so far where it got tore to shreds for the exact same reasons I loved the game in the first place. It's unforgiving, it's huge, and single battles can take hours to execute successfully. I'm in. So seriously, give this game a shot if you dig combat simulators, and let the little boys play with their flashy new Halo clone.....

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint/index.php#

Look at those graphics......

operation_flashpoint_2_dragon_rising_3985.jpg

Latest posts

Back