• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The death of a baby in Midland Beach last spring has been ruled a homicide, as a result of a drug overdose.

The lifeless body of 1-year-old Bianca Abdul was discovered by her mother on the morning of March 20, inside their home on the 100 block of Moreland Street.

The child died as a result of acute intoxication caused by the combined effects of morphine and diazepam, an anti-anxiety medication similar to Valium, according to the office of the city's Medical Examiner.

It was uncertain as of Tuesday whether the Richmond County District Attorney's Office would file charges in connection with the findings, as police said the incident remained an active investigation.

The cause of death was ominously predicted and feared by Abdul's mother during an exclusive interview with the Advance in April.

Struggling through tears, Leila Wade, 38, told an Advance reporter she feared her baby had ingested an Embeda, a mix of morphine and naltrexone, which was prescribed by a local doctor for a head injury years prior.

"That amount for a 15-pound baby, you're going to sleep," she said. "You're going to sleep with no pain... there's no crying out, it's an immediate.."

She said the child could have found a pill that had been dropped into the carpet and swallowed it. She also described the morning she found her daughter's body in the Pack 'n Play.

"I picked her up and I knew she was dead," said Wade. "I looked in her eyes and I tried to do CPR...but in her eyes I knew that she was dead and cold."

Within days of Bianca's death, the Administration for Children's Services removed Wade's 12-year-old daughter, who subsequently was placed in foster care.

It was the second time the older daughter had been removed from Wade, who told the Advance she was a prior victim of domestic violence and has been subjected to multiple home-visits by child care investigators.

The day after Bianca's death, her visibly distraught father was arrested outside of the home for unrelated charges. He later told the Advance he had gone to the home to grieve, despite an order of protection on behalf of a neighbor and a history of domestic violence that police said had occurred in front of the Bianca.

http://www.silive.com/news/2017/10/...dadvance#incart_2box_silive-homepage-featured

22519643_706158906255281_8053637414951840286_n.jpg

This bitch...

She said the child could have found a pill that had been dropped into the carpet and swallowed it.
You drop a pill when you have children, or even pets YOU FUCKING SCOUR THE CARPET LIKE A CRACKHEAD TIL YOU FIND IT... for obvious reasons. Biggest being the possibility of a dead baby..

From http://www.silive.com/news/2017/06/post_1596.html
"I said, 'there's nothing I did wrong. Why are you persecuting me? Why are you f------ with me... I just held my dead baby in my arms."
You fucking ignorant pity party slore!!! Your sweet baby girl died from an overdose to your dropped pill, cuz your high lazy ass didn't find it (or even notice???) when you dropped it.
:mad:

A Staten Island mom whose baby daughter took a fatal dose of painkillers faces manslaughter charges in the tot's death, police said Monday.

Leila Wade, 39, was busted Monday night, accused of letting her 1-year-old daughter, Bianca Abdul, get her hands on one of her prescribed painkillers last year.

Bianca's family found the little girl lifeless in her playpen on March 20, 2017.

Wade called 911. Bianca's body temperature was 70 degrees and she had signs of rigor mortis when cops found her, police sources said.

In October, the city medical examiner's office ruled Bianca's death a homicide, concluding she died of an overdose of morphine and diazepam.

Wade awaits arraignment on charges of manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, reckless endangerment and child endangerment.

"I am glad justice has finally been served. I hope they throw the book at her," Bianca's father, Joseph Abdul, told the Daily News Monday. "Bianca, you will always be missed. Daddy loves you."

Joseph Abdul didn't live at the home and hadn't seen his daughter for a week before her death, police sources said. Wade had an order of protection against him, and when he showed up distraught at the scene the day of her death, police cuffed him and took him into custody.

Wade initially told investigators that Bianca tripped and hit her head on the living room coffee table three days earlier, but seemed fine the next day.

Bianca's family had been the subject of seven prior child abuse complaints. Some were deemed unfounded, but child welfare officials found credible an allegation of drug abuse against Wade in April 2015, sources said.

The following March, someone alleged drug use and inadequate supervision in the home, and that complaint was "indicated," meaning Child Protective Services found enough evidence to support the allegation that a child had been abused or neglected, sources said.

Wade's 12-year-old daughter was previously removed from the home but had been allowed to return, sources said. That girl has since been placed in a foster home, sources said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...h-baby-daughter-painkillers-article-1.3989903
CXDJKUZG47FJJZF3W723EKGOBI.jpg

Staten Island mom convicted in opioid death of 14-month-old daughter
A Staten Island mother was convicted of causing the death of her 14-month-old daughter, who overdosed from opioids in 2017.

Leila Wade, 39, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in Staten Island Supreme Court for the death of 14-month-old daughter Bianca Abdul, Staten Island District Attorney Michael McMahon said on Tuesday.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/staten-island-mom-convicted-in-opioid-death-of-14-month-old-daughter/

A Midland Beach mother was sentenced to a maximum of four years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter in connection with the death of her 14-month-old daughter who ingested her prescription medicine.

State Supreme Court Justice William Garnett imposed a term of 16 months to four years on defendant Leila Wade during a hearing on Friday morning.

“I’m still upset,” was the only comment that Wade made during her appearance before the judge.

Her daughter, Bianca Abdul, died sometime between March 19 and March 20, 2017, in their Moreland Street home. In October 2017, the city medical examiner determined the child died as a result of a drug overdose.

The child was “born with deficits" that she tried to overcome “during her brief 14 months of life,” the judge said.

“Her struggle for life was abruptly ended by her mother’s reckless acts caused by her exposure and ingestion of prescription drugs,” Garnett said.

The judge said that he would keep Bianca in his memory.

“I hope that each day you remember her as well and her struggle to live with a mother’s love,” the judge said.

Wade's 12-year-old daughter was previously removed from the home but had been allowed to return, sources said. That girl has since been placed in a foster home, sources said.

The reason the older daughter had been removed was that she was hospitalized after ingesting prescription meds as a baby!
Mom has been living in a drug haze for 10+ years.
The Staten Island mom charged with manslaughter in her baby girl's overdose death had previously left powerful drugs in reach of her other daughter, who also ingested them as a toddler, authorities allege.

Back