• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Nothing in a court affidavit reveals how long Brent Scheiber had been in little Kamryn Price's life, but one thing was certain. She didn't like him.

Scheiber, 26, was charged Wednesday with murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in death and aggravated battery and arrested without incident, the Wells County prosecutor's office said.

Kamryn died Saturday after doctors at Lutheran Hospital declared her brain dead. The 11/2-year-old was found unresponsive and not breathing properly around 8 a.m. Jan. 7 at her mother's home in Ossian.

Her death was ruled a homicide. Dr. Scott Wagner performed an autopsy Tuesday and said in court records bruising and swelling on the girl's head due to blunt force injury was the cause of her death.

When officers questioned Scheiber on Jan. 7, he said he had left Kamryn in her crib while he got ready to take her to her baby sitter. Kamryn awakened crying at 7 a.m. so he changed her diaper and then fed her breakfast in her highchair, a breakfast of a strawberry cereal bar, strawberry applesauce and a drink in a pink sippy cup, court documents said.

He left her in her highchair and showered and then took her to her crib while he finished getting dressed.

He was gone only for 10 to 15 seconds, he said, when he heard a noise or a thump from her room and found her lying face down on the floor and trying to get up.

When he picked her up, she was whining and grunting, he said. Then her body went completely limp and her eyes began to roll back in her head. He placed her back on the floor and saw that her body was stiffening up, he told police.

He tried to call Kamryn's mother, Megan Milholland, who had left at 2:15 a.m. to go to work at a hospital, court documents said. When he couldn't reach her, he called 911 and told first responders that the little girl was throwing up and seizing.

But right away, doctors noticed she had some bruising to the forehead and that her pupils were fixed and dilated, court records said.

A CT scan of Kamryn's head showed a large subdural hematoma, a blood clot between a layer covering the brain and the brain, and torn tissue inside her upper lip.

Dr. Jeffrey Kachmann, a neurosurgeon, performed an emergency craniotomy in an attempt to save Kamryn's life. He noted a skull fracture that would have occurred with blunt force trauma based on its shape rather than from a simple fall onto a carpeted floor from a crib and that the injury had occurred within hours before she was taken to the hospital.

Kachmann described the injury as circular and the size of a fist, court documents said.

During questioning, Scheiber described the toddler as able to walk, run, and “kind of clumsy.” He said she was “a climber who can be fussy and that she doesn't really like him.”
http://www.journalgazette.net/news/...18/ossian-tots-death-results-in-murder-charge
1547952630715.png
1547952643943.png

Kamryn with her daddy
1547952662782.png
1547952677215.png

Kamryn's organs were donated (except her lungs) to help other children.

The man was the boyfriend of the mother
https://wpta21.com/news/2019/01/18/...n-toddler-have-words-for-accused-baby-killer/

Last edited:
The father and mother of 18-month-old Kamryn Price, who police say was beaten to death last week spoke exclusively with ABC 21’s Kaitlyn Kendall.

In the interview the toddler’s parents focused on what their daughter was able to do since her death, and say they were able to donate most of Kamryn’s organs, except her lungs.

The family says knowing their daughter was able to save other children, gives them a sense of peace and happiness during such a difficult time.

“No matter if you [have] known them [for] 5 minutes or their whole life, it can happen to anybody whether it’s a boyfriend, whether it is someone you don’t know, whether it’s your sister. You can do your research on people, and you can do everything that you think that you are doing right for your child, and you can still not know, and get that phone call,” said Megan Milholland, Kamryn’s mom.

“I said yesterday that I am praying for him [Scheiber], and I hope that God is with him. I hope he finds Christ. I won’t let him take one more thing from me. Dark hole is not where I am going,” said Milholland.

“I do not wish him [Scheiber] to ever have an easy life again. The bond that I no longer have with my little girl because [of] what he did,” said Wesley Price, Kamryn’s Dad.

Price said it’s the memories he has made with is little girl that help him get through the day.

Price added, “Every person who met her, she touched. I mean they would be like wow. Just how special she was, her smile could light up a dark room.”

Kamryn’s family says her smile will live on through other kids, and that is what gives their family a new meaning to life.

“Tuesday morning I woke up and I looked at Wesley and said our daughter is going to be a donor,” Milholland added, “It brings us so much joy to be able to remember that, that was her purpose. I look at it as our daughter’s heart was borrowed, we borrowed it for a year and a half. But God made that heart for the child who received it.”

The toddler’s family hopes to meet the kids who received their daughter’s organs someday.
https://wpta21.com/news/2019/01/18/...n-toddler-have-words-for-accused-baby-killer/

Feb. 6, 2020
A judge handed down punishment to an Ossian man who last year killed an 18-month-old child left in his care.

Brent Scheiber was sentenced to 35 years behind bars for the death of 1-year-old Kamryn Price.

Scheiber pleaded guilty to aggravated battery in connection to the case.
Under changes in Indiana law that took place a few years back, Scheiber will do 75% of the 35-year sentence ordered by Wells County Judge Kenton Kiracofe.

Judge Kiracofe cited concern in doling out punishment that Scheiber has never said in any detail what he actually did to cause the fatal injuries.

Family members of the girl who died said they take some comfort in knowing 27-year-old Brent Scheiber admitted wrongdoing.

Brent Scheiber, the mother's boyfriend at the time, was the man who called the police, saying the toddler fell out of the crib while he was changing.

Doctors examining the toddler said the injuries were consistent with a violent shaking injury and were extremely unlikely to occur with a single fall.

Another doctor said the skull fracture appeared to represent a blunt-force trauma that was circular and roughly the size of a fist.

Scheiber's lawyer had wanted a different outcome at sentencing.

"We had hoped on behalf of Mr. Scheiber he would have gotten less than 30 years and that some of that time may have been suspended to allow for counseling, that though was left to the discretion of Judge Kiracofe," said Robert Gevers.
1587447255412.png

Last edited:
Back