• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

barisone-jpg.21563

Active United States Equestrian Federation member and former US Olympic Dressage Team member Michael Barisone, 54, has been arrested and charged with two counts of attempted murder and various firearm related charges. Responding to a 911 call for a woman with gunshot wounds, police found an additional male victim, as well as a gun at Berisone Dressage in New Jersey.

The victim is said to be equestrienne Lauren Kanarek.
"Kanarek, 38, was blasted two times at close range by 2008 dressage Olympian Michael Barisone on Wednesday afternoon in an attack that left her clinging to life, authorities and sources said.
The attack — said by sources to have been precipitated by a bitter landowner-tenant dispute..."

Kanarek, initially in 'grave condition' was upgraded to stable condition following surgery.

According to the Morris County Prosecutor's Office, Barrisone has not yet appeared in court, and it is unknown if he currently has a lawyer.

Post automatically merged:

apparently, the third person was NOT shot, but was injured. They have yet to be identified.

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Craygor

Norse American
Bold Member!
[...]

Police arrived to find the woman bleeding on the ground with wounds to her chest, and another man lying on top of Barisone. Barisone had fired at the man as well but had missed, according to the complaint, and the man had subdued him until police arrived.

The woman's injuries were described as serious and life-threatening.

Authorities have not released their names. According to the complaint, they lived at the farm, and there had been multiple recent calls to police from the residence because of what it described as "landlord-tenant related issues."

Before he was removed from the scene, Barisone was overheard repeating the phrase, "I had a good life," according to the complaint.

1565380529881-png.21578

Michael "I had a good life, I now want to see what a bad one looks like" Barisone

Last edited:

Shimazu

I score the performance has a 5
I dunno, he failed to actually kill anyone. And he did it on his own property.
That's like Bryan Boitano trying a blindfolded triple lutz, and instead somehow landing on his face and ass at the same time. It's more of a 2. 1 if you happen to be the Russian judge. Or a 3 if it's Steve-O doing it while wearing a jock strap made of bees.

Brillig

Danse Macabre Instructor
Bold Member!
Name or he doesn't exist.
Not sure I should give the name on a public forum, but he was on the Canadian fencing team in the 80s. I believe it would be 1984 and 1988. That should be enough for anyone who cares to look it up themselves.

Turd Fergusen

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
olympian-shooting-jpg.21725

The former US dressage Olympian charged with shooting an equestrienne on his sprawling New Jersey farm had been accused of child abuse by the victim — and was quizzed by state investigators just “moments” before the alleged run-in, his lawyer said Wednesday.

Michael Barisone, 54, allegedly pumped two bullets into fellow rider Lauren Kanarek’s chest on his 53-acre Morris County farm on Aug. 7, leaving her in grave condition, officials have said.

Barisone was ordered held in his initial court appearance on Wednesday, after which his lawyer claimed that all is not as it seems in the alleged assault, which also left Kanarek’s fiancé with an arm injury.

“The alleged victim is not a victim. She’s a villain, and she is known as a grifter in the community,” Barisone attorney Jeffrey Simms told reporters shortly after his client was ordered held in custody. “They started a fraudulent DYFS investigation into them.”
Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/shooting-victim-had-accused-olympian-michael-barisone-of-child-abuse-lawyer/

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
NO HORSE WAS HARMED, there it sounds lie he has a couple of sleazy people he was trying to evict, in this case am believing the guy because my friend and her other half just went though an insane amount of garbage they were trying to get out of a house they had rented to, this couple tried every way under the sun to threaten them with allegations if evicted

Staff online