• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Bystanders rushed to help save the life of a dog that was spotted being dragged behind a truck in Spring Hill on Friday.

Jan Harwood, the owner of Nature Coast Animal Wellness and Surgical Center in Weeki Wachee, saw the pit bull being dragged by rope on his neck behind a truck.

"I can't un-see what I saw and I imagine I'm going to be seeing that for a long time. It was absolutely the most horrific thing that I have ever witnessed," Harwood said.

The dog, since nicknamed "Ollie," was rescued after he came loose and flew into the median when the truck turned south on Franconia Ave.

According to the veterinary clinic, a Spectrum technician managed to retrieve the dog and brought him to the vet's office.

The veterinarian said it appears that Ollie, who did not have a microchip, is approximately 2 years old and did not suffer any broken bones.

"We are monitoring for internal bleeding and [the dog] will be in our care until he is healed and adopted," the clinic wrote in a post on Facebook.

Ollie suffered several burns on his left side from being dragged along the roadway, but he is able to walk.

"It's a tremendous feeling to know this baby boy has survived that horrible accident," Harwood said.

Hat tip to ghosttruck.

[....]
During the investigation detectives were able to identify the dog's owner as 58-year-old Gregory Tousignant, who witnesses said appeared to be unaware that the dog had jumped out of the bed of his truck.

Detectives said it is illegal to carry any pet in the bed of truck that is not properly secured and prevented from jumping out of the moving vehicle. An active warrant was issued for Tousignant's arrest.

On Wednesday, May 8, deputies spotted Tousignant's vehicle in the area of Commercial Way and the Outback Steakhouse.

After conducting a traffic stop, deputies discovered Tousignant did not have a valid driver's license. He was arrested for the active warrant along with driving with a suspended license. He is being held on a $1,500 bond.

full

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/n...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

June 5, 2019
A homeless man who dragged a dog behind a pickup truck will spend 270 days in jail after accepting a plea deal, the Hernando County Sheriff's Office said.

Gregory Tousignant pleaded guilty to animal neglect.

On May 3, deputies received calls about a dog that was being dragged behind a pickup in Weeki Wachee. The dog's collar was tied by a rope to the back bumper.

The 1-year-old pit bull terrier was able to free himself, and a bystander took the dog to a rescue for treatment.

The dog, named Ollie, will be put up for adoption after he recovers.

Was unable to find any updates about Ollie being adopted.
1588726239862.png

Last edited:
Back