• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://wncn.com/2017/03/06/teen-in-custody-after-person-killed-in-zebulon-officials-say/

A teenager decapitated his mother Monday near Zebulon, Franklin County Sheriff Kent Winstead said.

Oliver Mauricio Funes Machada, 18, has been charged with first-degree murder, Winstead said.

The first deputy on the scene found Funes with his mother’s head in one hand and a large butcher knife in the other.

Deputies ordered Funes to drop his knife, which he did, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Chief of Staff Terry Wright said.

Inside the home, deputies found the body of 35-year-old Yesenia Funes Beatriz Machada.

It was Funes who called 911 after the attack, according to Winstead.

The incident took place around 1 p.m. at a home at 90 Morgan Drive in the Pilot community near Zebulon, according to Winstead.

Two young children were at home when the attack happened, while another was at school at the time, the sheriff said.

The victim’s husband was on the scene just before 5 p.m. and was overcome with grief, Winstead told CBS North Carolina.

Oliver Mauricio Funes Machada (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office)

Authorities say all three remaining children are with their father.

“It’s a terrible situation for the family, a terrible situation for the neighborhood and this county. I’m just glad things worked out the way they did and no one else was hurt in taking the suspect into custody,” Winstead said.

Officials say it is still unclear what the motive in the case is. They did say that Funes lived at the home with his family and that they had not responded to any calls to the house in the past and never encountered the teen.

Funes appeared before a judge Tuesday morning. He is being held without bond in the Franklin County Detention Center.

Entitled asshole who didn't want to help around the house doing chores or get a job and had tantrums when he didn't get his way. My guess. I'm hoping dad can shed some light on all this and not stand by his evil son's side. I hope more than anything...that the younger children in the home did not witness this horror. Please.

funez1_zpscajrducx.jpg

Franklin County Sheriff's Office Chief of Staff Terry Wright said 18-year-old Oliver Funez called 911 himself around 12:45 p.m. Monday and was still on the scene when deputies arrived.

After calling 911, the 18-year-old suspect walked out of the house holding his mother's head in one hand and a knife in the other, according to authorities.

The teen - who was taken into custody without incident - is charged with first-degree murder.

Deputies said the dead woman is 35-year-old Yesenia Funez Beatriz Machado. Two young girls found in the home were unharmed.

Analysis of the crime scene was delayed by a couple hours because sheriff's deputies had to go to a neighboring county to get a search warrant. Sheriff Kent Winstead said a judge signed the order around 4:15 in the afternoon.

"We'll be here as long as it takes to do a thorough search. We owe it to the victims to make sure it's done in a proper manner - To make sure once it gets to the courthouse, justice can be served," said Wright.
http://abc13.com/news/teen-accused-of-decapitating-mother/1787988/

Last edited:
that is insane. If someone comes out of a house with a family members head dripping after they have called 911 I think probable cause to be enough to enter the abode
[doublepost=1488925547,1488925173][/doublepost]
Entitled asshole who didn't want to help around the house doing chores or get a job and had tantrums when he didn't get his way. My guess. I'm hoping dad can shed some light on all this and not stand by his evil son's side. I hope more than anything...that the younger children in the home did not witness this horror. Please.
they would have had to of, which is heinous, poor little things

well, I was right, the 2 and 3 yr old were witnesses to this, she was stabbed repeatedly before decpitation, they still don't know the relationship to the little children but another son of hers was at school at the time. They apparently are all undocumented.
from A Box of Chocolates:
https://erickaecourtney.com/2017/03/07/18-year-old-decapitates-mother-approaches-cops-head-in-hands/
Authorities say an 18-year-old North Carolina man called 911 on Monday claiming he had decapitated his own mother — and he was found soon after by responding officers allegedly holding her severed head in one of his hands, PEOPLE confirms.

Oliver Mauricio Funes Machada is being held without bail after being charged with his mother’s first-degree murder, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office in Franklin County, North Carolina.

https://s.yimg.com/rq/darla/3-0-0/html/r-sf.html
Investigators claim that Machada stabbed his 35-year-old mother, Yesenia Funez Beatriz Machado, an undisclosed number of times on Monday before beheading her. Machada then called law enforcement to his mother’s residence at around 12:45 p.m. Monday, the sheriff’s office said.

He allegedly told 911 operators that he had decapitated his mother.

Deputies arrived to find Funes Machado holding the large butcher knife he allegedly used to kill his mother in one hand and her severed head in the other, according to the sheriff’s office.

The statement alleges that Machada placed Machado’s head on the ground as authorities began approaching him. He was then taken into custody without incident.

After handcuffing Machada, deputies entered the home where they were confronted with “a gruesome scene,” a sheriff’s spokesman tells PEOPLE. Machado’s body was also inside.

Two young children were inside the residence at the time of the slaying, the sheriff’s office said. But the kids were not injured during the deadly incident, and it unclear how they are related to Machada and his mother.

Another of Machado’s sons was at school when she was killed, authorities said.

Machada has yet to retain legal counsel, and attempts to reach his relatives were unsuccessful Tuesday. He has not entered a plea.

Funes-Machado is originally from Honduras, ICE officials said.

The killing of Yesenia Funes Beatriz Machado happened about noon Monday, 190 miles east of Charlotte in the small Pilot community of Franklin County. The closest town is Zebulon, an eastern Wake County town of 4,400 people.

Coverage of the shocking murder in a rural community has gone international, with such headlines as “Teen arrested after greeting police with butcher’s knife and mother’s severed head.” The Sun in the United Kingdom referred to the event as a “Beheading Horror” and claimed Funes-Machado “decapitated his own mum in front of her kids then confronted cops carrying her head.”

Deputies say they came to the family’s home after receiving a 911 call made by Oliver Funes-Machado on Monday.

Media reports say the first deputy on the scene saw the teen walking out of the house, holding the head in one hand and what appeared to be a butcher knife in the other. When Funes-Machado saw officers, he reportedly placed the head on the ground and was arrested, officials have said.

“It was a gruesome scene. … I can’t tell you how many wounds,” Sheriff Kent Winstead told Raleigh TV station WRAL.

Two young girls, about ages 2 or 3, were at home when the attack happened but were unharmed, it was reported. Another sibling was at school at the time, officials said. Oliver Funes-Machado is reportedly the oldest child in the family and had finished 10th grade at Rolesville High School.

North Carolina prosecutors said Tuesday they will seek a mental evaluation of the teen. The Associated Press reported that an attorney for Funes-Machado said his client has “some substantial mental health issues” and was “a pretty profoundly disturbed young man.”

It’s unclear if the rest of the Funes-Machado family is undocumented. Children of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. typically qualify for DACA status, which means they are low priority for deportation. It’s believed Funes-Machado was among the youths who qualify for DACA status.

However, such deferred action can be revoked at any time, particularly in the case of someone who commits a crime or is otherwise found to pose a national security or public safety threat.

The Carolina teen who made international headlines Monday for allegedly beheading his mother with a knife is in the country illegally and is now wanted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for deportation.

Bryan Cox, a spokesman for ICE in the southern region, said the agency has filed a detainer for 18-year-old Oliver Funes-Machado, who is charged with first-degree murder for allegedly cutting off the head of his mother, Yesenia Funes Beatriz Machado. The suspect was originally identified by local authorities with the last name spelled Funez.

Oliver Funes-Machado Tanya Creech
An ICE detainer means Funes-Machado would enter ICE custody if he bonds out of local criminal custody in the murder case. The Associated Press was reporting late Tuesday that Funes-Machado was transferred to Central Prison in Raleigh under a safekeeping order.

“Given the charge,” Cox said, “the detainer would also apply at whatever point if/when he gets out of prison down the road. So either avenue. But the detainer does not preclude any criminal prosecution.”
[doublepost=1488950129,1488950041][/doublepost]
I'm hoping dad can shed some light on all this and not stand by his evil son's side. I hope more than anything...that the younger children in the home did not witness this horror. Please.
no father has been mentioned, but he could still be in Honduras.

From Honduras, I wonder if he saw extreme violence in Honduras.. it seems to me, the violent otrocities seen in other countries are being brought to other countries. I feel like the US is not prepared for the kind of violence seen elsewhere, such as the Boko Haram.

Defense attorney Boyd Sturges said Wednesday that a judge ordered 19-year-old Oliver Funes Machada involuntarily committed to a state psychiatric hospital.

Sturges said the prosecutor agreed to dismiss the murder charge under an arrangement that could allow the case to be pursued again if Machada were deemed competent in the future.

Warrants say Machada told a 911 dispatcher he stabbed his mother repeatedly earlier this year because she had angered him. Court documents say a deputy saw him carry his mother’s severed head outside.

Sturges said that he has maintained that his client was “very seriously deranged” and agreed with the experts’ assessment.

http://wspa.com/2017/10/11/charges-to-be-dropped-against-nc-teen-accused-of-decapitating-mom/

@cubby
A young man accused of decapitating his mother has been found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Investigators said Oliver Machado admitted to brutally killing his mother in their Franklin County home on March 6, 2017. Machado was 18 years old at the time of the murder.

Machado told a 911 operator he did it "because I felt like it."

Murder charges could be filed again, if Machado's mental health improved enough to where he could stand trial.
https://abc13.com/man-accused-of-decapitating-mother-is-not-guilty-by-insanity/4536135/

The family of a North Carolina mother who was beheaded by her mentally ill teenage son is suing the psychiatrist who let him out of the hospital six days before her death despite him showing visible signs of psychosis.

Yesenia Funez was decapitated by her teenage son Oliver Funez Muchada at their home in Zebulon in March 2017 in front of her two youngest children.

Oliver was found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity and will spend the rest of his life in a state psychiatric facility.

Now, Yesenia's widower Walter and her three other children who are aged five, seven and 17, are suing Dr. Brian V. Robbins, a psychiatrist and medical director at UNC WakeBrook, who released him from care on February 26, 2017.

Oliver attacked his mother on March 6, six days after being discharged from the UNC Health Care Addiction Treatment Center at WakeBrook.

The teenager and his family moved from Honduras to the United States in 2000. Oliver does not have legal status nor do his siblings but their father does.

In their lawsuit, the family describes how the teenager started exhibiting mental health problems in September 2016.

The family is now seeking unspecified damages in excess of $25,000. Oliver's father works but it is not clear what his job is.

Oliver will not see any of the money they may win as a result of the fact that he is being cared for by the state.

North Carolina also has a legal statute in place which prevents anyone benefiting from the estate of a dead person if they are the reason that person is dead.

Did they invite him back into the home following the psych treatment? If they did, they have no one to blame but themselves. They knew he was a damage case, they knew he was fucked, if they still voluntarily let him around the family, they were asking for it. Fools.

Back