• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Janet-Gartner.jpg

In a plot straight out of an acclaimed TV drama -- but with an ending too sobering for the small screen -- an Ohio mother-of-five who said she sold crystal meth to send her child to college was sentenced to 11 years in prison Monday.

Janet Gartner, 41, and her boyfriend, Nicholas Bair, 40, were running a drug operation that allowed them to sell meth throughout Licking County, officials said. But her attorney argued the mother never did the drugs herself — only sold them -- and she did it for her child.

"She only wanted to sell enough to buy a farm and put one of her children through college," attorney Nicole Churchill said. “I don’t believe anyone wakes up and goes, ‘You know, I want to sell meth.'"

Full Story:

Awww such a noble self sacrificing mommy.
Did it all for her kid.
She isn't a dirty druggie at all.

The vehicles and ATVs were a nice touch.
I envision them being very helpful to her farm but oops....no farm now!

Lawyer, needs to stay in cell next to her just cause > he thinks we is stupid
Lawyer is doing his job. I guarantee he didn't believe that for a second. He had a client with an indefensible position, and made the only argument he could devise.

Prosecution argues for a particular sentence.
Defense either plea bargains or argues for a lesser sentence.
Judge hears them both and decides.

Back