• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

mysticviewer

CINCINNATI (AP) — A man charged with punishing his 12-year-old daughter by binding her hands and feet with duct tape and sticking her in a dog cage, then threatening to electrify the crate, was being held Friday on a $50,000 bond.
James Tapke, 41, was charged Thursday with child endangering. His attorney, Christopher Jackson, told a judge that the incident was "some horseplay" and a joke that "got out of control."
But police said there was nothing funny about it, and an officer's affidavit said Tapke disciplined his daughter "in a cruel manner."
Police in Springfield Township near Cincinnati said he tied the girl's hands and feet with duct tape, then shut her in a large dog cage on Jan. 10. Police said the girl's 13-year-old brother let her out after about 20 minutes, but Tapke put her back in after she poured water on his head.
Tapke then had his son bring him an electrical jumper pack from the garage, and he placed it in front of the girl outside the cage, authorities said. He said several times that he could electrify the cage before he released his daughter from the crate, police said.
The girl's grandmother helped her remove the duct tape, police said.
Police said that Tapke and the girl's brother took pictures of her while she was in the cage and that the boy posted them to Facebook. Police said the pictures were later deleted.
The children are in their grandparents' care, authorities said.

tapkecourtblur_20120120104418_320_240.JPG

Really? What an ass.

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/tri-...-in-cage-photos-made-it-Facebook1327075730078

http://news.yahoo.com/police-ohio-d...BzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

I hope the son AND the daughter receive some kind of therapy or something for what they've gone through. I'm sure it was traumatic for the brother to see his sister treated this way. I just hope that the man doesn't have a long history of doing this kind of thing. I don't give a crap what happens to the father, but it'd be horrible if the son grew up thinking that this was the way to deal with girls and women, by mistreating them.

As we all know, parents have a responsibility to teach their kids right from wrong, how to treat others and how to respect others. If that is not there, then there is a void in that child's being brought up that is being filled by who knows what.... like such as what this man was doing to his daughter.

I hope the kids can live a normal life from now on and won't have to be exposed to this sorry excuse for a father, much less a human being.

Police said that Tapke and the girl's brother took pictures of her...

Missed that, CS. Hoping the son is not irredemably damaged by this, and that he and his sister can draw strength off each other in the years to come.

Back