• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.foxnews.com/health/ohio-boy-5-tests-positive-for-meth-after-eating-halloween-candy
A 5-year-old boy in Ohio is expected to make a full recovery after he ate a piece of Halloween candy that was possibly laced with drugs. Braylen Carwell, who was hospitalized for a suspected seizure and later tested positive for methamphetamines, had gone trick-or-treating on Sunday before he suddenly fell ill.

“The left side of his face was just droopy and then he fell and then he couldn’t move his left arm,” Julia Pence, the boy’s mother, told WSYX-TV. “And he didn’t know where he was, he didn’t know what he was doing.”

The Galion Police Department, which is investigating the incident, collected the boy’s candy and fake vampire teeth that he had been wearing. The department issued a warning on Facebook to other residents in the town reminding parents to check their child’s candy and other non-candy items like rings, bracelets, necklaces or fake teeth.
[....]
The department is aware of the area that Braylen was trick-or-treating in, and said it hadn’t gotten any other reports of potential tampering.

The boy’s mother said she’s counting her blessings that she “got to bring my son home okay and alive," adding that she can still see the effects of the drug in her son.

“You can tell he is still coming down from it,” she told the news outlet. “Because one minute he is all hyper and the next minute he is tired.”

Shit..wtf.. Galion is a pretty fucking small town so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out...(esp if those homeowners are known drug users) Poor kid..

There is the teal pumpkin project to give out allergy free treats for children who suffer peanut allergies or other dangerous

Who the fuck goes trick or treating before Halloween ?

Hmmmm I took the kids trick or treating on Saturday afternoon at the mall's trick or treat street, and at our church for the Harvest Festival.

We usually skip stuff like that, BUT...

I don't know about Ohio weather, but here in Colorado it is cold as fuck and snowing. We should have 6-8 inches by 9am.. I am most certainly NOT pulling a wagon full of freezing, whining little kids and all their shit thru the snow.. The bigger kids can go trick or treating, but the littles can stay home after hitting the few houses in the cul de sac...

At the mall, it was the stores passing out candy. At the church's harvest festival, it was a trunk or treat (where people decorate their trucks (usually truck beds or SUVs out here...) and kind of tailgate trick or treat
Anyone can trunk out- not just church members.
I don't know... just a thought.

Side note... My first thought was did they drug test the family? Could the kiddo have gotten into mom or dads (or other family members) drugs and trick or treating seemed like a good explanation?
(This was just a thought as a possible explanation, I am not blaming mom or dad, until we learn otherwise....) but it IS the first thought that ran thru my brain.
This is the DD ... we have definitely heard less plausible explanations for worse. I dunno.

Hmmmm I took the kids trick or treating on Saturday afternoon at the mall's trick or treat street, and at our church for the Harvest Festival.

We usually skip stuff like that, BUT...

I don't know about Ohio weather, but here in Colorado it is cold as fuck and snowing. We should have 6-8 inches by 9am.. I am most certainly NOT pulling a wagon full of freezing, whining little kids and all their shit thru the snow.. The bigger kids can go trick or treating, but the littles can stay home after hitting the few houses in the cul de sac...

At the mall, it was the stores passing out candy. At the church's harvest festival, it was a trunk or treat (where people decorate their trucks (usually truck beds or SUVs out here...) and kind of tailgate trick or treat
Anyone can trunk out- not just church members.
I don't know... just a thought.

Side note... My first thought was did they drug test the family? Could the kiddo have gotten into mom or dads (or other family members) drugs and trick or treating seemed like a good explanation?
(This was just a thought as a possible explanation, I am not blaming mom or dad, until we learn otherwise....) but it IS the first thought that ran thru my brain.
This is the DD ... we have definitely heard less plausible explanations for worse. I dunno.

The weather sucks here, it's suppose to rain tonight. A few cities have moved their trick or treat night until Nov something.

The weather sucks here, it's suppose to rain tonight. A few cities have moved their trick or treat night until Nov something.

WHAT?
Over some rain?! They are gonna reschedule Halloween until it's even colder and the weather sucks more? That totally makes sense. Hahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaa
LMAOOOOOO.

I just scraped 5 inches of snow off of my car, and it is still snowing. We are still going trick or treating.. Yep. We sure are.

I was thinking the same thing. Especially since nobody else reported getting sick. We shall see

Ummm yeah.
GALION – He does not comprehend it whereas sitting on his front room flooring knuckle-deep in a crate of Lego how fortunate he’s to be right here.

“By the point I received down there, that they had already taken his urine and given him a CT scan of his mind,” Julia Pence stated.

Pence is 5-yr-previous Braylen Carwell’s mother. She says she raced to the hospital after she acquired the call. Her son was staying together with his dad in Galion, about 20 minutes away from her Mount Gilead house, and had simply received again from trick-or-treating.

“I was putting my socks on and then I began to shiver,” Carwell stated.

Shivering to him was a seizure to others.

“After which I could not transfer my arm or my fingers,” Carwell stated. “Till I acquired to the physician’s and I was sitting for a bit bit and then I might transfer my hand but not my fingers.”

On the hospital, docs discovered what was flawed.

“They discovered methamphetamine in his urine,” Pence stated.

Braylen stayed within the hospital for seven hours. His mother and father began considering it needed to have been from the sweet.

But, Braylen says he did not eat something.

“No,” he stated. “I solely put the pretend tooth in.”

Twice, he says he put a pair of plastic vampire tooth in his mouth, which was one thing he says he obtained whereas trick-or-treating.

“It is your obligation to protect your youngsters from every part,” Pence stated. “You possibly can’t shield them from every thing. You simply need to remember and do one of the best which you could.”

Police gathered Braylen’s candy and despatched it to a criminal offense lab in Mansfield for testing.

Pence says each she and Braylen’s father are recovering drug addicts. She says she’s been clean for greater than three years and they are each clean and on higher paths, now. When requested if it was attainable if Braylen may need are available contact with meth that wasn’t from trick-or-treating, she says there is no approach.

“I’m not overlaying up the truth,” she stated. “I’m simply speaking the truth of what happened to my son, yesterday. No one in my family or [Braylen’s] dad’s household would drug my youngsters.”
https://www.10tv.com/article/mom-bl...g-after-galion-5-year-old-tests-positive-meth

Now I'm getting a little judgy...

And what kind of 5 year old speaks like that?! It is weird as fuck to me.
Just saying....

I think a really bad reporter because it’s just weirdly written.

I thought that too, but it is a news station AND they quoted him several times.
Either way... Weird as fuck for anyone to speak like that, a 5yr old being quoted speaking that way makes it even weirder yet..
Post automatically merged:

Ok. Terrible reporting it is.

I watched the video at the link and the little boy didn't talk like that at all. I heard how he spoke.
Holy shit.
For real... 10tv needs a new editor or something? Maybe he's the drug addict.

Last edited:
That article just gave me a fucking aneurysm.

Put. The. Thesaurus. Away.
It looked to me more like somebody wrote the article then put it through Babelfish to translate it into "English" and published the result.

--Al

A Crawford County man is facing charges after his 5-year-old son tested positive for methamphetamine.

Cambray Carwell, 24, is charged with tampering with evidence and possession of drugs. He was taken to the Crawford County Jail and the prosecutor will review the case.

On Sunday, the Galion Police Department began investigating the possibility the boy’s candy was laced with something when he fell ill after trick-or-treating. Then the blame shifted to fake vampire teeth, so they were sent out for testing, but no controlled substance was detected.

“Our detectives have worked extremely hard on this investigation. While we cannot definitively say how the little boy ingested methamphetamine, we are extremely confident that he did not ingest any candy from Trick or Treat that was tainted,” the police department said in a news release on Friday.

Galion officers, with the help of K-9 Basco, searched the family’s apartment on Thursday. Police said they found drug paraphernalia, marijuana and suspected methamphetamine. Carwell also had meth in his system.
https://fox8.com/2018/11/02/ohio-da...n-candy-not-to-blame-for-meth-in-boys-system/
1541191174290.png

I KNEW IT!!!!!! Always a stupid ass trying to ruin Halloween. I haven't ran into a real "Stranger laces candy with drugs." One man tries to kill his kid using poison and pixie sticks over insurance money led to all this mania in the first place. Plus...meth heads WANT their meth.

Last edited:
One man tries to kill his kid using poison and pixie sticks over insurance money led to all this mania in the first place
Actually the tainted Halloween candy legend started long before the man murdered his son (and tried to kill his daughter and others).
He used the urban legend as a defense. At his execution some people outside the prison shouted "trick or treat".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Clark_O'Bryan

@Satanica
Cambray Carwell, 25, of Galion pleaded guilty to one third-degree felony charge of endangering children and a fifth-degree felony charge for possession of drugs.

Carwell caused panic in Galion and the surrounding area after his young son appeared to have a seizure and required emergency medical treatment at the Galion Hospital. The child tested positive for meth.

When questioned by police about events leading up to the seizure, Carwell told police his son had been trick-or-treating in Galion and brought home a set of vampire teeth and put them in his mouth. Upon searching Carwell’s home police found meth in the residence

Carwll will serve a total of four years in prison. He must forfeit all drug-related property to the Galion Police Department.

“You’re going to prison for quite a while,” Leuthold said. “I hope you get your head together. You have a lot to make up for as a father. The good news is you’re young enough to fix it.”

I assume this is the mom posting on dad's page- there is a pic of the child (do not post his pic please)

Last edited:
Back