• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

From the desk of our very own @JackBurton

An Ohio jury has ordered Oberlin College to pay $11 million to a bakery which said it was libeled and wrongfully accused of racially profiling students.
The case stems from the November 2016 arrests of three black Oberlin students at Gibson's Bakery and market near the college's campus in Oberlin, Ohio.
One student, Jonathan Aladin, was accused of attempted robbery for allegedly trying to "steal wine or otherwise illegally obtain wine" from the bakery, according to a defamation lawsuit. He would eventually confess in a written statement to buying alcohol illegally.
Two other suspects, Cecelia Whettston and Endia J. Lawrence, were arrested and accused of misdemeanor assault, court documents state.

After that, Oberlin staff members tried to discredit the family-owned bakery, the lawsuit says.

The shop said defamation and boycotts by Oberlin have had a "devastating effect on Gibson's Bakery and the Gibson family."
Oberlin College staff -- including deans and professors -- and students engaged in demonstrations in front of Gibson's Bakery following the arrests of the three students, the lawsuit stated.
The suit also said Oberlin Vice President and Dean of Students Meredith Raimondo and other college staff members "handed out hundreds of copies" of a flier to the community and the media stating that Gibson's Bakery and its owners racially profiled and discriminated against the three students.
The court documents include a copy of the flier, which included the words "DON'T BUY."
"This is a RACIST establishment with a LONG ACCOUNT of RACIAL PROFILING and DISCRIMINATION," the flier read, according to the lawsuit.
The flier also listed 10 of the bakery's competitors and urged customers to shop there instead.
Then in November 2016, the lawsuit stated, Oberlin College said it severed its business ties with Gibson's Bakery. The shop had provided baked goods for the school's dining services through a third-party company.

This has some more info, copies of letter sent out by the school etc...

@JackBurton watch the video of the kid bawling his eyes out like a little girl as he got arrested... its amazing "I'm scared, I'm so scared, can I call my mom. I am a black man getting arrested" it's great!!!

So now it sounds like Gibson's Bakery is getting 33 million instead of 11 is that accurate? This is a great example of how people are looking to jump on the social justice bandwagon without knowing the facts. Somehow forgotten all of this is the Knuckleheads that were stealing. Also lost is the fact that they were assaulting a guy trying to defend a business. Absolutely disgusting behavior on the part of the school trying to whip up students

So now it sounds like Gibson's Bakery is getting 33 million instead of 11 is that accurate? This is a great example of how people are looking to jump on the social justice bandwagon without knowing the facts. Somehow forgotten all of this is the Knuckleheads that were stealing. Also lost is the fact that they were assaulting a guy trying to defend a business. Absolutely disgusting behavior on the part of the school trying to whip up students
Unless they were awarded $22M today, I think it's still $11M. But the punitive stage of the trial started today, so who knows how high it will go?

Unless they were awarded $22M today, I think it's still $11M. But the punitive stage of the trial started today, so who knows how high it will go?
Because when I was going down the rabbit hole on this whole thing I stumbled onto part of it the talk about a 33 million dollar award to the family to the Gibsons. This whole thing is messed up. I seriously hate that school now

hahahahahahahahahahha

This is one of the greatest things that has ever happened EVER.

I think the only thing that could possibly make it funnier at this point is if this Bakery actually did in fact come out as legit racists after all this. Like they got their money and then put a sign up saying, "No bread for darkies".

God that would just be too fucking much.
Post automatically merged:

This has some more info, copies of letter sent out by the school etc...

@JackBurton watch the video of the kid bawling his eyes out like a little girl as he got arrested... its amazing "I'm scared, I'm so scared, can I call my mom. I am a black man getting arrested" it's great!!!

I see the court room pics from the scumbag criminals trials. WOW. This fucking THUG cant even put on a fucking tie for his criminal court appearance? What total fucking filth.

hahahahaha HOLY FUCK that video!!! It took me 5 min to grasp that this was NOT the female criminal! The squeels!? This is incredible. Why is this filth allowed to stay in my country?

Last edited:
this was a crime by an entitled idiot against a small family owned business and the school tried to further harass them? I hope thy make more on this than what has already been brought up. This moron has take away fr legitimate cases of real people being victimized & I think that is what pisses me off the most

bwhahahahahhah OH MY GOD!

This reads like something from the onion. How is this for real!???!?? This is fucking AMAZING! This actually happened. These people exist, these complaints were actually voiced!!!!!

this was a crime by an entitled idiot against a small family owned business and the school tried to further harass them? I hope thy make more on this than what has already been brought up. This moron has take away fr legitimate cases of real people being victimized & I think that is what pisses me off the most
There is a history of race/LGBT hoaxes at Oberlin, and Oberlin always handled it by pretending real discrimination existed on one of the most progressive campuses in North America - Oberlin is worse than Berkeley! - and making busy work for the administration. I don't think there has ever been a legimate claim at Oberlin. They never denounced the hoaxers because they have a bureaucracy that feeds on the discord. And it finally backfired big time.
Here is one example:

Maybe Brett Weinstein and his wife are wishing they'd sued for more from the nasty farce at Evergreen college. They walked away with $500K.

Gibson’s lawyers spent considerable time going over Oberlin College’s IRS Form 990, showing over $1 billion in assets and numerous employees earning over $100,000, They also got the Vice President and General Counsel of the college to admit to some of the content of the blast emailshe sent out soon after the compensatory verdict, including that she felt the jury disregarded the “clear evidence,” though they were not permitted to show the jury the letter itself under a prior court ruling.
[...]

I would like to know how much cash the bakery gets and how much their legal team gets. The payout could drag on for years. The Gibsons may make a bargain with the law firm for a lump sum, and the lawyers will fight to the bitter end for the final settlement.

Last edited:
How is the argument that a judgment will hurt students supposed to work as a defense? I dont get it.

I hear that i say hit em as hard as possible. Fuck these students.

"“We’ve created deficits … and over the next ten years, if this continues, that is unsustainable and we will not exist,” Ambar told the jury. She even indicated the school’s grants — about $60 million a year from the school, and lots of students get those scholarships as only 10% of them pay the full $70,000 a year — were important to preserve as “the accessibility of education” was a key component of the school’s purpose."

hahaha 70 fucking grand a fucking year!!!!

No shit you scumbags cant sustain that. If people had an ounce of intelligence or sense in the slightest it wouldnt have been sustainable from the getgo. WHat fuckin filth these people are, absolutely worthless fucking filth.

I dont see how anyone can look at what happened here and not see malice on the part of the college. There was clearcut disdain, hatred for this Gibson family, all driven by this imagined(and proven false) belief they were racists. Oberlin deserves to burn.

Last edited:

June 13 2019
The family at the center of a defamation lawsuit against Oberlin College hugged in celebration Thursday when a jury granted them $33 million in punitive damages on top of the $11 million compensatory award they’re already owed by the liberal arts school.
The newly decided punitive damages — money awarded to plaintiffs in a civil lawsuit to punish defendants and defer future bad conduct — were broken down by the jury into $17.5 million for David Gibson, $8.75 million for family patriarch Allyn Gibson, and $6.97 million for their company, Gibson Bros, Inc.
[...]

hahahahaha YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In Ohio, there is a cap that ensures a punitive award no more than doubles the amount of compensatory damages — which in this case means a punishment of $22 million dollars or less."

Ah lame. This is bullshit. THey should amend the law so that when a university is sued, the amount can be higher.

What if this was one of these colleges that was endorsing rapist doctors who assault the athletes? 22 million is the max they can be pejnalized evne for that? Sickening. There should be no cap for the greedy entities known as colleges.

Well @JackBurton , you can take comfort in the fact that the jusge may also order Oberlin to pay the attorneys' fees.
[...]
Some of the defenders of Oberlin College have claimed that the Gibsons’ were just in it for punishment on this case, and never tried to settle. That could not be further from the truth. According to Lee Plakas, lead attorney for the Gibsons’, a letter was sent before the case was filed in Nov. of 2017 asking for at least some talks on settlement and no answer was sent back (this reporter has seen it).

In early 2018, according to Plakas, two days of talks with a mediator were done, but nothing close to a settlement was achieved. In fact, the talks were initiated by the Gibson’s and “We were ready, willing and able to not have this case go to trial, but Oberlin College and their insurance company seemed to have no interest in settling this case,” Plakas said.

“As they have done throughout this case, they thought that they were above everyone else, and that the rules and working to settle such an egregious case of defaming a good family like the Gibsons’ was beneath them,” he added.

What this punitive award means is both simple and complicated in many ways. Under Ohio law, punitive awards are capped in most cases at double the compensatory amount already arrived at. In this case, that would mean the punitive damage could be no more than $22.4 million, half of the compensatory damages laid on Oberlin College and far less than the $33 million waylaid on the school today by the jury.

However, there are exceptions in the legislation passed in Ohio in 2008 on the punitive damages cap (ironically it was passed to protect small businesses from having high damages awarded against them, not for them, as in like this case), and Judge John R. Miraldi, the Lorain County Common Pleas judge in this case, will decide on how much of the $33 million will go to the Gibsons.

But it will be more than likely get down closer to the $22.4 million level. Plus, the jury said that the attorneys’ fees that Gibsons’ would have had to pay out of its verdict awards (often at 30% of jury verdict awards), would now have to be paid by Oberlin College. That could be an additional $10 million put on the school’s plate. Judge Miraldi will decide that as well, not any jury.

colleges are liberal indoctrination centers, no question about it, only one point of view is allowed
and Oberlin just got nailed for it

An extensive study of 8,688 tenure-track professors at 51 of the 66 top-ranked liberal arts colleges in the U.S. published by the National Association of Scholars found that the ratio of faculty members registered as Democrats compared to those registered Republican is now a stunning 10.4 to 1. If two military colleges that are technically described as "liberal arts colleges" are removed from the calculations, the ratio is 12.7 to 1.

The researcher, Mitchell Langbert, Associate Professor of Business at Brooklyn College, found that nearly 40% of the colleges in the study had zero faculty members who were registered Republican. Not a single one. Nearly 80% of the 51 colleges had so few Republican faculty members that they were statistically insignificant

I think it depends on the school. But a small percentage (not all by any means) seem to make it their mission to have an all SJW agenda, all the time, on every issue, which is not healthy or helpful, and results in too many graduates with a lower level of critical thinking skills because they believe there is only ONE way to see any issue, idea or problem.

I had two friends actually attending Evergreen when everything blew up a few years back. They both had a terrible time, for differing reasons. One was younger (24) and one was my age. Both are obviously liberals, or they never would have been at Evergreen in the first place, but Evergreen got WAY out of hand, even for those of a liberal bent. SJWs are not your typical liberals, they are in a weird ass class of their own, far beyond normal or traditional liberal views.

colleges are liberal indoctrination centers, no question about it, only one point of view is allowed
and Oberlin just got nailed for it
Some colleges are that way. Even at universities where there are different schools, the business and medical school may be relatively free of SJW b.s. while the liberal arts side is awash with brain paralyzing political correctness. Even at extreme colleges like Oberlin and Evergreen, we are hearing from a minority of rabble rousers who demand all the attention, and make education miserable for plenty of other students and staff.
While Evergreen is insane, Central Washington University in Ellensburg is only 150 miles away and a completely different world. Useful real world education and hardly any protests.
Also CWU has a Craft Brewing program, which is natural since Washington state produces most of the US hop crop.:happy:

PS: Evergreen College facing another lawsuit. This one from the former police chief.
According to the claim, Brown was subjected to “open hostility on an almost daily basis” from students, student employees, faculty and staff. Her tenure got off to a rocky start when protesters disrupted her swearing-in ceremony, blocking the podium and chanting “(expletive) cops!” according to the Cooper Point Journal, the student newspaper.

After that, a faculty member emailed her to say police “were basically fascists” and the disruption was to be expected, according to the claim. Another faculty member told Brown, who is white, that her wearing a uniform and carrying a firearm was meant to “prove she had more ‘privilege’” and intimidate the faculty member, who is not white, according to the claim.

My eyes rolled so violently I strained my head.

Last edited:
And now when real discrimination happens, people will bring shit like this up. :rolleyes: fucking assholes

Yes, that's the tragedy. Their views are often SO extreme and ridiculous that they actually end up hurting the very causes they profess to be fighting for. When views become too extreme, even people who used to support a cause or might have been moving towards embracing an idea are repelled, and back away from the cause or issue or even develop animosity towards it.

So to all of you who think that hate crimes are endemic and have increased massively during this administration - I challenge any of you SJW lefties to name of the top of your head, 5 anti-black, anti-LGBTQI, anti-Hispanic or anti-Muslim "hate crimes" that occurred in America during the last 12 months that aren't on this list of proven lies.

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

If you can't even do that, stop telling me how racist, homophobic and bigoted western society is.

This whole story just shows how fucked up all of this identity politic bullshit has become.

Black kids get caught stealing alcohol from a Bakery then violently assault the man who caught them. Bakery calls the police and has them arrested. Black kids plead guilty in a court of law.

SJW infested Oberlin - "REEEEEE!!!! Ray-sis!!!"

Racism exists, but assholes pointing the finger and claiming moral superiority where no racism exists are racists themselves.

This is one more evil lie that has denigrated the fight against legitimate hate.

Fuck these people, I wish that this was enough to send them broke, but Oberlin has endowments totaling over a billion dollars. They're going to be churning out bigoted SJWs for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Back