• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Buzzkill.
It's an election year! And, while the primaries are still several months away, what better time to start the DD discussion? We have a variety of political ideologies floating around, here, and I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. Haven't been thinking? Now's as good a time to start as any. Or pop in to tell us what a bunch of fools we are. That's cool, too.

Here is the current list of Presidential candidates for the 2016 election cycle:

Republicans
Jeb Bush.
Ben Carson.
Chris Christie.
Ted Cruz.
Carly Fiorina.
Jim Gilmore.
Mike Huckabee.
John Kasich.
Rand Paul.
Marco Rubio.
Rick Santorum.
Donald Trump.

Democrats
Hillary Clinton.
Martin O'Malley.
Bernie Sanders.

Third Party
Gary Johnson.
Jill Stein.

Who is your favorite and why? Have an damning dirt on the others? If you had to pick from the other side of the fence, who would it be?

TRUUUUUMP!

I've explained why before, but I will do so again. I HATE politicians. Most people are voting for Trump, I feel, not because they are racist or ignorant (although I am sure there are a lot of those voters in all camps). I feel that the politically correct climate has allowed Trump to rise from a joke to a threat and I find it hilarious.

So, basically, I am doing it for the laughs. There is nothing more he could do in four years (for better or for worse) that hasn't already already happened in the last 8. Again, fuck politicians. I want to see what happens when someone gets in there that doesn't have to pander to lobbyists if they don't want to.

I am not party aligned, so if I had to choose another candidate - I wouldn't. Fuck 'em.

I believe Trump is a character-acting Dem who knows exactly how to play the Republican base.

I'll be voting for Bernie because, in the few areas a President can maneuver around fairly unilaterally (foreign policy, drug policy, prison policy, etc.), his values align well with my libertarian streak. He cannot wave a magic wand and make college "free" or any of that stuff, so I'm not worried about it. What he can do is pick SCOTUS replacements who have a passion for civil liberties, and that's one of my highest priorities for the next Pres.

Of course, in the unlikely event Trump gets the GOP nom (and Hillary, the Dem nom), I'll totally vote Trump, just because I believe there is an epic, "Gotcha, suckers!" moment in the works.

Oh, I'll just be glued to the White House CCTV for Trump's personal tutorials on "How to File U.S. Bankruptcy Umpteen Times, Get Rich Off It & Become a POTUS." I'm sure I'll see half of Congress sitting in the front row taking notes while the secretaries and pages are busily filling out forms for the *U.S.* to file for federal bankruptcy relief! :playful:

The fact that Hillary is still a candidate after doing something that would've landed me, you or anyone else a nice stint in Leavenworth, disgusts me.

I don't want anyone who either doesn't understand the vulnerability of the Internet or blatantly violates the agreement made behind a top secret security clearance, running this country.

It's scary.

Bernie Sanders.
I despise all the other candidates.
If it comes down to Trump VS Hilary, Trump is my vote. I'm cringing while typing that, but Hil is pure evil.

Bernie Sanders.
I despise all the other candidates.
If it comes down to Trump VS Hilary, Trump is my vote. I'm cringing while typing that, but Hil is pure evil.

Yep, and the establishment Dems are so out of touch. I do more than my fair share of political debating various places, and it's amazing how whipped up Hillary supporters get when you say you won't vote for her if she gets the nomination. They can't even wrap their minds about the fact that a disturbingly significant percentage of liberal-leaning independents would rather let some Republican in to burn this shit to the ground than put a vote toward such an unapologetic panderer and corporatist.

Seattle is said to be the third most liberal city in the country behind San Fran and Washington D.C. I drive 85 miles a day round trip to work. Pass a lot of cars and houses. I've yet to see anything but Bernie signs and stickers.

A lot of people are suggesting that the Bernie thing is no different from the Ron Paul thing back when he ran, but I was a Ron Paul person, too (no, not proud), and it's nothing like that.

I'm voting for Bernie unless it's really really obvious that Hillary is going to win it then I will throw my vote her way.

Same for me. I cannot comprehend why any slight sane citizen would ever vote for Trump. I mean, I can read the words @Morbid and @Athena write but like Athena said, it's true I can't wrap my mind around it.

Same for me. I cannot comprehend why any slight sane citizen would ever vote for Trump. I mean, I can read the words @Morbid and @Athena write but like Athena said, it's true I can't wrap my mind around it.

Realistically, I will simply abstain from voting if Hillary gets the nomination. Figured I should mention that. :p

Isn't it a day when people like Bush and Christi are the picks of the litter?

Romney was okay. McCain was okay. They were the last of the mildly tolerable mohicans, in my opinion.

Even though I can never really forgive McCain for trying to outlaw MMA. :punch:

Christy is a libtard demorat running as a republican, that's why all the demo Libtards like him. libtards think Christy is OK, gee wonder why, they like that phony fat fuck
Oh that's right cause he's as phony as any Libtard politician they usually vote for

Anyone else feel like Cruz is into some really freaky sexual shit? Like I feel like he would fucking rip his dick straight off to a Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar sex tape.

I do feel Cruz has something wrong with him...I'm not sure exactly what it is...I can't quite put my finger on it...nor do I want to :D

I've got friends in NJ, and the politics there are FUCKED. The fact that Christie made overturning marijuana legalization at the state level a cornerstone of his Presidential campaign (states rights is only a conservative talking point when they want to ban abortion) makes me want to beat him, it's so fucking hypocritical. The fact that, under him, Tesla was effectively banned from selling their cars in the state because he's *allegedly in cahoots with the already established manufacturers and dealerships (he later signed a bill reversing that because of all the backlash)... and all that's aside from the blatant fucking corruption and scandal that was Bridgegate.

Dude is brazenly nefarious and all about big government.

Seriously? We're opposite ends.

Yes. I am usually quite a good judge of character too. I have no base for this, just my good ol' gut feeling. I look at him on TV and get a good feeling. I do not get that from Christi, but I also don't think Christi is a total fucking moron clown like Trump or Carson. Watching the republican debates has been UNREAL. I mean I have really questioned if what I was watching could be real.

I've got friends in NJ, and the politics there are FUCKED.

I am right across the river and very familiar. I know he won't get the republican nom but - if he did I would still be glad it was a person who can answer a question and possesses the ability to form sentences. Him, and Bush are the only ones that seem able to do that IMO. Ok, and Carly Fiorina, but we all know she won't get the nom either.

Anyone willing to vote Hillabeast has to be a world class moron with blinders on
Christi is a democrat if you can't see that you're probably a Hillabeast voting moron
And don't want to hear the truth about the evil witch

Last edited:
I'm sorry, it's all the food additives or violent video games, we're just getting too stupid for debate like the "old days." :(

I just have come to realize that I am not changing anyone's mind here or anywhere else. Even on FB I just post liberal inspired memes to irritate my conservative friends and relatives. They will never see that I am right and they are wrong.

Biteme, chill with the memes. Everyone knows your opinion. LIBTARDDDDDDS!!! Got it the first gabillion times.
just like a libtard, we all know your opinion also, but its ok for you to expound on it, but not opposing
liar. She lied about the Irish peace process, her vote in favor of the Iraq war, her reason for illegally using a personal email server, that her family was dead broke when they left the White House, about landing under sniper fire in Bosnia, where Chelsea was on 9/11, who she was named after, Benghazi… and the list goes on. We don’t need a liar-in-chief. We tried that already. It didn’t work.

Hillary Clinton was MIA when the 3am phone call came from Benghazi. What difference does it make? The life of four Americans – a huge difference. The Russian Reset? Russia invaded Ukraine on her watch. Again. And again. And again. Boko Haram? Hillary Clinton’s State Department refused to call it a terrorist organization.

Hillary Clinton defended a child rapist. And laughed about it. If you don’t know this story, you need to. I repeat. She defended a child rapist… and laughed about it.Exclusive: ‘Hillary Clinton Took Me Through Hell,’ Rape Victim Says

The woman at the center of the scandal over Hillary Clinton’s defense of an alleged child rapist speaks out in depth for the first time.
Hillary Clinton is known as a champion of women and girls, but one woman who says she was raped as a 12-year-old in Arkansas doesn’t think Hillary deserves that honor. This woman says Hillary smeared her and used dishonest tactics to successfully get her attacker off with a light sentence—even though, she claims, Clinton knew he was guilty.

Hillary Clinton accepted millions of Dollars from foreign governments. While serving as Secretary of State, The Clinton Foundation (illegally) accepted boatloads of cash from countries that fund Hamas, harbor terrorists, suppress women, and regularly execute gays and lesbians. Conflict of interest much?
Hillary Clinton wants women to shut up. At least all of the women who tried to come forward regarding her hubby’s sexual harassment, misogyny and overall perpetuation of “rape culture“. She referred to these victims as “trailer trash” and even went so far as to threaten one of the victims in person.

Hillary Clinton is not a champion of the middle class. Despite her campaign slogan, she is definitely not just like you. Hillary Clinton was married to a President, had a personal chef, flies in a environment polluting personal jet, has sent her daughter exclusively to private schools, and makes about $200K for every speaking engagement. That’s so you, right? And your middle-class neighbors – they’ve got a private jet out back, yeah?
[doublepost=1452629476,1452629309][/doublepost]
Donald Trump is the most honest candidate I have ever seen in my life. Funny, you know he didn't accumulate his fortune by being honest. That makes me skeptical...

However, I like anybody today that doesn't cater to the PC world we live in.
You'll never change the mind of a PC libtard, their mind was lost long ago

Yes, Jake, it is rather ironic that you would associate the term "honest" with Trump. As Aerysta said, he'll say anything that panders to his perceived audience.

Did you know that he has considered running or has run for President on and off since 1987? And that, during that period of time, he was a registered Democrat for at least a decade? In fact, his switching to Independent or Republican has mostly coincided with his considering a Presidential run, likely because he's considered the Democrat candidates to be stronger and would never get the nomination while running against them.

But look at all the success he's having with Republicans!

It's not even this PC world that has allowed Trump to rise in popularity. No, it's much more simple than that...

It's his intimate knowledge of reality TV. The Apprentice (and spin-offs) has been on television for over a decade, now, and has enjoyed high enough ratings to produce said spin-offs. There is science behind it. Psychology. It's why you can't find a channel on TV that doesn't feature at least one reality show, and you'll have an equally hard time finding a person who doesn't like at least one reality show.

Reality shows are carefully designed to appeal to the broadest audience possible. And Trump has applied that knowledge to himself, creating a classic anti-hero. He's effectively blurred the lines between politics and entertainment... And in the nation that championed reality TV, people are buying right into it. They can't help it. They're drawn to its familiar tone.

Trump doesn't attract voters, he attracts fans. Show business, baby!

Biteme, no one takes you seriously because you never post anything that isn't copy and pasted from completely biased source. It doesn't matter who runs, if they are not a republican, you will hate them end of story. I am giving opinion (I know Morbid, I know) and not copy and pasting anything AND I stated which republican I didn't think was that bad.

Do you like Trump? Hell I can't even tell. All I know is what you don't like.
Libtards consider any post not of their liking biased, any non PC or Libtard opinion must be biased, its exactly what makes you a libtard
Like I said reality and libtardism don't mesh, Libtards are known to have tunnel vision, only their opinion matters, and never see any wrong in their choice, libtards can never accept being wrong, hell they'd vote Obama a third time if they could:vomit: and now most want hillabeast just because she's a libtard, being a lying evil witch is easily ignored by libtards

Last edited:
Has he ever really said anything, anything at all, of real substance? No, sound bites. The entirety of his campaign is sound bites.

Precisely. He intentionally keeps details out of his content. His answers are kept short, easy to digest, and easy to visualize. A wall to keep immigrants out. Internment camps for Muslims. We all remember his distaste for Megyn Kelly, who had blood coming out of her eyes and her "wherever"... Designed to paint a vivid picture in ones brain.

And it just keeps working.

I think Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in The Age of Show Business should be required reading in high school. It is prophetic. Happening now.

Obama's total fail has pushed Trump to the top and he's tired of hearing it

President Obama, on the eve of his final State of the Union address, rejected the message Donald Trump has capitalized on in his presidential campaign.

"The message that Donald Trump's putting out has had adherence a lot of times during the course of our history. You know, talk to me if he wins. Then we'll have a conversation about how responsible I feel about it," he told TODAY's Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview
http://www.today.com/news/president-obama-donald-trump-talk-me-if-he-wins-t66436

It all makes perfect sense — in Obama’s America.

Can’t wait to see what the State of the Union speechwriters come up with to address this. What happened today is certainly one of President Obama’s legacies — though not the kind he should be bragging about.

I have heard rumors going around that Bernie may ask Elizabeth Warren to run as his Vice President. If he does, that's my dream ticket!! And then after eight years, Elizabeth can become our first female President! Why do I like them you may ask? Let's just say they align more with my values and wants than any of the other crazies do.

At first, I was like, there is no way Bernie can win, Hillary is paying for it, she'll get it. I don't know now. I am getting that feeling I got when Obama ran the first time and everyone was so sure he'd never win. I was absolute in the feeling Obama would win the first and the second. Kinda getting that inkling about Bernie now, if we can get those folks out there to actually register to vote? SO EXCITED!

Bernie's polling even better than Obama was at this junction. And, I've just got to say, I've been heavily active in politics since before I could vote, and I've never seen anything quite like this. I was a part of the whole Ron Paul "revolution", and it doesn't hold a candle next to what Bernie's got going.

I drive 85 miles a day round trip for work, and I pass a lot of other cars and yards. I still haven't seen a single bumper sticker or yard sign for anyone else.

And, now that it's getting around that Bernie beats the Republican candidates with better margins than Hillary, I think even establishment Dems will start coming over.

Buahahahahaha! To do it in this thread, I'd have to channel Biteme and do a bunch of talking about the evil troll that is Hillary. Please don't make me... :vomit:
Pretty easy to visualize Hillabeast as an evil troll, kind of feel sorry for the mentally challenged that still can't see it. Obama (two Cell) is an incompetent dud, but she's evil incarnate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back