• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Miami-Dade Police took 56-year-old Odalis Lopez into custody on Friday. She faces felony charges of grand theft and elderly financial exploitation.

The victims of the CNA’s alleged theft are Rella and Leonard Herman, who are in their early 90s, according to their grandson, Micah Herman.

“My grandmother is a beautiful person and has a beautiful outlook on life. She’s a survivor of the Holocaust,” Micah Herman said. “My grandfather worked as long as he could, until he was 89 years old.”
full

Police say Lopez, who worked for the Hermans as a CNA for seven years, ripped off most of the couple’s savings.

“It was disgusting. She started [spending] just exorbitant amounts of money,” Micah Herman said. “They have been stripped of everything.”

Family members noticed wild spending on the couple's credit card statement, including parties, margaritas and gift cards from Publix, Chili’s and Cheesecake Factory. The arrest warrant says the “transactions at Publix were the most significant, totaling $116,322.”
[....]
Prosecutors say Lopez had access to the couple’s credit cards while providing care and growing closer to the couple over the years.

Micah Herman says he finds it disturbing someone in the healthcare profession would take advantage of an elderly couple this way.

“This was her only friend. This is someone she saw more than anybody,” he said.

To make matters worse, Micah Herman says because Rella Herman is a Holocaust survivor who lost her mother at Auschwitz, most of the savings came from reparation checks from the German government.

“This was reparation money. We’re talking about what the German government gives to survivors,” Micah Herman said. “How could you do something like this?”

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the couple recover.

Lopez has bonded out of jail. Her next court hearing is scheduled for Sept. 3.
full
I wonder if she used some of that stolen cash to bond out.

Image Credit

She worked for the couple for seven years. The crime loving bookkeeper in me wants to know when she started stealing and how did it escalate. She probably noticed that the old couple didn't read their statements (or stopped reviewing them) and went for it.

A neighbor ended up disabled with home health aid visits. He hired his dad's former NA, because he had been dating her and had moved her into his home anyway. She was in the process of cleaning out his bank account when his son got a PoA and took charge of his dad's finances. The day he told her the man had nothing left was the day she moved out, taking a TV, microwave, and other shit to make up for the pay.

I recommend that anyone in that position at least look at the bank records. Don't wait for the statement; get set up on line to monitor it daily. YOU keep the debit/credit cards and give it to the help to go buy groceries once a week and bring back receipts. Otherwise, you're just green lighting a potential scammer.

There is a level of ugliness in her behaviour only transcended by her extendo--face.
Was her mother a horse ffs?

In these crimes seize and sell everything she has with proceeds going to her victims. Then tattoo her inmate number on her and give her the Auschwitz experience in a cage.

It's a shame, but nursing is like any other profession. Some are only in it for what they can get and not what they can give to others.
Nursing wasn't her profession or her career. It was a job. Which she used to steal from these folks.

Publix is a grocery store. How the fuck did she spend that much in a grocery store.
Unless she was using the cash back feature.
Probably both. My local Safeway sells dozens of gift cards to other places. With cards plus cash back, a person could steal a lot. Also, it is not clear in the news item when she began stealing or the total amount stolen, but definitely doable for a few years, especially if no one was monitoring finances.

Probably both. My local Safeway sells dozens of gift cards to other places. With cards plus cash back, a person could steal a lot. Also, it is not clear in the news item when she began stealing or the total amount stolen, but definitely doable for a few years, especially if no one was monitoring finances.
Ah yes, I forgot about the gift cards to Chili's, red lobster, outback etc.

If anyone deserves to go to Auschwitz and experience the horrors there, it's this cunt.

I wish they could let her spend a month with the bitch of Buckenwald or the Beautiful beast. Her ass shoulda got a face lift. Looks like her face is sliding off her damn head

Back