• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Siobhan

Trusted Member
In NYC, the owner of the lingerie store Romantic Depot in Harlem released a video tape to the New York Daily News of a January 26th incident where a man smashed the store's window, reached inside and pulled out a mannequin of former President Barack Obama, before tossing part of it to the ground.
Surveillance video shows an apparently angry man kicking the storefront window, where the owner said a mannequin of Obama dressed as a prince stood beside a mannequin of President Trump, dressed as a princess wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Apparently, simply kicking the window wasn't sufficient enough for Mr. Pissy to break the glass, and he can be seen pacing the sidewalk before entering a gated construction area, snagging a cinder block, and then using it to smash the storefront window.
Somehow in all his frustrated hoopla, Mr. Pissy dropped his glove, and is seen picking it up and starting to walk off, but then decides to come back for the Obama mannequin. It seems he grabbed one of the mannequin's arms, pulled it off and out of the window before throwing it to the ground and attempting to walk off.
It was at this point that store security had to step in, just in the nick of time for Mr. Pissy, as Obama fans began to surround him and the security team, angered by his damaging an image of the former POTUS.

… “We had to protect [the suspect] from the crowd,” the store owner said. “He could have been killed. We had women trying to kick him in the head. We had to protect him because he had damaged the Obama image.”...

The lingerie store owner, Glen Buzzetti, said Mr. Pissy kept repeating how he hated Obama, and Obama had ruined the country.

It only gets weirder from here, as if smashing a lingerie storefront window without stealing any lingerie isn't odd enough, because after he was apprehended by the security team, and had his repeated rants against the former POTUS, his reasoning for grabbing the mannequin was - and I kid you not - "because it was looking at him funny."

… “He said, 'That doll was giving me bad looks. I’m tired of him. Obama brought the country down.' He said he walks by the store every day and sees Obama every day and it made him really angry," according to Buzzetti.

The incident reportedly cost the shop $1,000 in damages."

There's just nothing worse than those damn mannequins giving odd looks at everyone, I mean, it's not like they're designed to model clothing and lingerie or something purposeful - no, instead they just stand there and look at us funny.
I'll bet they talk about us too, when the stores close and they know there's no one else to overhear their crass comments, critiques, and their super seekrit plans to take over and rule the world.

The video can be seen at the link.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york...ng-store-window-taking-barack-obama-mannequin

Big thanks to @ghosttruck for the original article!

Ummm, 'splain to me...why did a lingerie store have mannequins of Obama and Trump on display?

Just a guess, but I'd say it's what they call a "drawing card", or gimmick the store probably uses to attract attention and hoping that attention also brings some inside to shop.
Kinda like "Bait & Tackle" shops: the fresh/live bait is the "drawing card" that most people come for, but the store's hoping they'll grab some tackle (marked up at 300-400% of cost) so the store can make some serious money.

Back