• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565452442306.png

Two staff members have been fired and arrested and an Illinois nursing home now faces a lawsuit after video footage allegedly showed them taunting a 91-year-old dementia patient.

The suspects, arrested on misdemeanor charges, were identified as Brayan Cortez and Jamie Montesa, caretakers at the Abington of Glenview nursing home, about 24 miles north of Chicago.

Both employees “were immediately terminated,” the home’s administrators wrote in a statement.

But the patient’s family disputes that, claiming the pair remained on the job for another week because they were initially cleared of wrongdoing.

“They violate her safety, her privacy, and then they do a slow walk to correct the behavior?” the patient’s son, Tom Collins, asked Chicago’s WLS-TV.

According to reports, Snapchat video footage recorded last December – four days before Christmas -- showed Cortez waving a hospital gown at the elderly woman, knowing that the sight of the gowns was a source of fear and anxiety for her. Montesa allegedly held the camera.

Ohh, this enrages me. I'd like to smack the smartass look off both their faces.
Elder abuse is as sickening and hateful as child abuse imho - these two assholes will barely get a slap on the wrist I am sure. I wish them both a case of ulcerating hemorrhoids combined with explosive diarrhea and it would be best if that happened while they are doing time!!

When my grandma was in the hospital one nurse was so mean to her that she was afraid. When she asked for her phone the nurse said 'Why? You don't need to call anyone' ...I visited her every day. My mom also visited every day. When we found out what happened we made it crystal clear that the nurse was not to step one foot in my grandma's room ...
Surprise, surprise ...the nurse used to work at an assisted elder care facility. Bitch needs to find a new profession.

My mom has dementia, just had dinner with her last night. Her caregivers are so patient and loving, I really feel fortunate about that. I cannot imagine the rage (I would have) if the people caring for her did something like this. You have to WANT to do this type of work and have respect for the elderly. ugh

My dad had dementia for years before he died. The staff at his nursing home was so kind and caring to him and took the time to share funny little stories with us...and also some sad ones. One nurse broke the rules and brought him some Thanksgiving dinner from her own family dinner because she made cornbread dressing the way he told her loved and missed.<3

My dad had dementia for years before he died. The staff at his nursing home was so kind and caring to him and took the time to share funny little stories with us...and also some sad ones. One nurse broke the rules and brought him some Thanksgiving dinner from her own family dinner because she made cornbread dressing the way he told her loved and missed.<3

I used to ‘bend’ the rules all the time and bring them their favorite foods (as long as it didn’t interact with medications) .. whatever it took to bring a little happiness and sometimes just to see them eat .. sometimes you become the only family they have ❤️

My mom was just moved to the memory care unit at her assisted living place. She has known for years that she would end up with dementia, just like her mom. Unfortunately, grandma lived for over 20 years not knowing who she, or anyone else, was. I don't want that for mom. I worry about the care she is getting and how she's treated. My sister lives close to her and visits every day, as does my niece. Mom always said she didn't want to live her last years like grandma. We all hope she passes quietly in her sleep some night.

My mom was just moved to the memory care unit at her assisted living place. She has known for years that she would end up with dementia, just like her mom. Unfortunately, grandma lived for over 20 years not knowing who she, or anyone else, was. I don't want that for mom. I worry about the care she is getting and how she's treated. My sister lives close to her and visits every day, as does my niece. Mom always said she didn't want to live her last years like grandma. We all hope she passes quietly in her sleep some night.

I worked with some very sweet caring dedicated nurses and aides in a lock down unit .. little to no staff turn over .. I hope you experience the same ❤️

Back