• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Elephant uses its trunk to snatch girl, seven, from her bed before dragging her outside and trampling her to death in India

A seven-year-old Indian girl has been trampled to death by an elephant after it used its trunk to pluck the infant from her bed.

Sini Munda, from Mundasahi in the Champua forest range, was asleep beside her brother Ganesh and sister Rani last night when the tusked animal battered the side of their house.

After tearing down part of the wall, the animal snaked its trunk into the building to grab the youngster before crushing her to death.

Full Story:
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/five-killed-in-elephant-attack-in-odishas-angul-district/article26884703.ece

I must have missed something. None of whats here is at the link. Its not even the same villages listed

What @Turd Fergusen 's link currently says:
A lone tusker is believed to have trampled five people, including three in a family, to death within a span of an hour.

Five persons were believed to be trampled to death by a lone tusker in two nearby villages of Odisha’s Angul district late Thursday night.
Of the five deceased, three belonged to one family, who were engaged in brickmaking. They were sleeping on verandah of house in Sandha village in Angul district when the elephant was believed to have attacked them. They died on the spot. The elephant attacked another woman in the same village and crushed her. The incident took place around midnight.
After one hour, another death was reported from Santhapada, a few kilometers away from the first village. Identity of the victim was yet to be ascertained.

The article actually made me chuckle. Blaming the forest department for not cornering the elephant. Are they going to corner every elephant that is displaced because humans must cover every inch of this planet? Where are they keeping said elephants? They are protected so putting them down isnt an option. Maybe they should just I dunno...not fuck with elephant territory? I see it as an eye for an eye situation.

In 2018-19, as many as 92 persons died in elephant attacks, highest in a single year. The year also saw 91 elephants losing lives, which is also a record.

I'm sorry... 7 yrs old is not an infant. That is a child.
In India it is usually a rape victim.

Elephant attacks are pretty much never random there is always a reason behind it. I wonder if it was a Revenge thing on the Family or if possibly the daughter of done something at one point to piss off an elephant that this bull got wind of.

Oh well.

That's all I can muster after seeing how elephants are treated in India.

They should have picked the elephant for their God instead of the cow. Cows are dumb and one could never plan something like this.

Back