• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
e-cig_1462500458427_1266378_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

A medical examiner says a North Texas man was killed when an e-cigarette exploded in his face.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office reports 24-year-old William Brown of Fort Worth died Jan. 29, two days after a vaporizer pen he was using at an e-cigarette shop in nearby Keller exploded. The medical examiner says shrapnel from the explosion severed his left carotid artery and peppered his skull.

A similar incident also killed a Florida man last May. Officials said 38-year-old Tallmadge D'Elia of St. Petersburg died when his exploding vape pen sent two fragments into his skull. He also suffered burns on about 80 percent of his body.
[....]

I think these explosions are caused not just by the faulty batteries but by the crap people put into them, oil too heavy getting it too hot, this kid might have been saved with better doctors imo, my friends sil had one explode on him & took out a couple of front teeth& facial burns and swollen face for a month

I know a guy who had one of these burst into flames while it was in his pocket. Not nice, he needed skin grafts on his thigh and had severe burns on his fingers. But that was the lithium-ion battery spontaneously catching fire... Still these things are great if you are looking to quit smoking.

Last edited:
I know a guy who had had one of these burst into flames while it was in his pocket. Not nice, he needed skin grafts on his thigh and had sever burns on his fingers. But that was the lithium-ion battery spontaneously catching fire... Still these things are great if you are looking to quit smoking.

Not really. I mean sure, I think they may be better than cigarettes but any decent doctor will tell you that all kinds of new cancers are coming to light due to the heavy metals in E-cigs. Different cancers than they've ever seen. So potato potahto. Just don't don't smoke. It's so bad for you and bad for your skin.

Not really. I mean sure, I think they may be better than cigarettes but any decent doctor will tell you that all kinds of new cancers are coming to light due to the heavy metals in E-cigs. Different cancers than they've ever seen. So potato potahto. Just don't don't smoke. It's so bad for you and bad for your skin.

I meant as a tool to help you quit smoking, not a substitute. I never looked into it, because I don't really care but vaping can't possibly be 'good' for you. For me, I switched to a nicotine loaded E-cig and quit cigarettes instantly. It takes care of the physical addiction, while your mind undoes the mental conditioning. After a while I couldn't be bothered with the E-cig... It was that easy after trying everything from the gum to the medication.

Last edited:
[....]
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said William Brown, 24, of Fort Worth died Jan. 29, two days after a vaporizer pen he was using at an e-cigarette shop in nearby Keller exploded. The medical examiner says shrapnel from the explosion severed his left carotid artery and peppered his skull.
[....]
After the explosion, an ambulance rushed brown to John Peter Smith Hospital for treatment. But Brown ultimately died.

On Tuesday, friends and family visited a Fort Worth funeral home for a viewing and to pay their respects.

Brown's aunt says the family is not clear on exactly what caused the explosion. She says she can't be certain if he purchased the vaping device at the smoke shop or just a battery for a modified version he already had.
[....]
serveimage

I'll take "modified version he already had" for $200, Alex.

I tried vaping for half a minute but it made me cough. Then when I got passed that (cause why would coughing make me want to decide against it?) It was a trigger for me... huge cloud of smoke... I just kept waiting for the high to hit. So... back to cigs I went.
Which I would like everyone to know.... I haven't smoked a single cig since December.

They say pen, but what they described is not a "pen" vapor. I have never heard of is happening with stock equipment, it seems people should consider not modifying and altering these devices. Its not worth it.
Typically these cases involve incorrect coil/battery combinations, especially among those "Puff The Magic Dragon" vapers.

Vaping is prob the douchiest thing a person can do and this guy looked like a super douche.

The family has blamed the doctors for his death, which seems bizarre to me. They claim they waited too long to operate on him. Seems having pieces of metal explode into your throat/neck and sever arteries isnt the type of thing that can be easily fixed up.

Modified vape systems are usually the cause of the various explosions we read about. People modify them to make enough vape smoke to create a fog along the ground. For what? Just so people ooo and ahhh over it. Use the system as designed and you won't have a problem. Have been using mine for 4 years now and still works like the day I got it. Don't take away from it, don't add anything and you should be fine.

For me, I switched to a nicotine loaded E-cig and quit cigarettes instantly. It takes care of the physical addiction, while your mind undoes the mental conditioning. After a while I couldn't be bothered with the E-cig... It was that easy after trying everything from the gum to the medication.

That's awesome, and imho what E-cigs should be used for, rather than as a gateway for getting kids to smoke.

Back