• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Big thanks to ghosttruck for this uplifting news.

One Orlando man has combined his desire to be a super hero with his love of animals. Chris Van Dorn dons a Batman costume and speeds off in his Batmobile, a silver two-door Honda Civic, on a mission to rescue animals. Having watched Batman as a kid, he always felt Batman embodied the best qualities that he would like to emulate, so using the superhero as his public face, he launched Batman 4 Paws a nonprofit organization to keep dogs and cats out of shelter cages.

Van Dorn interfaces with various shelters to place dogs who are scheduled for euthanasia and transports them to new homes. He's a bit limited, though, and needs a bigger vehicle, so he's asking for help getting a van. Long distances aren't really an issue, because he has his pilot's license and can rent a plane when he has enough money.

"At the end of the day, that's my goal, for me to be the best person I can be and make the world better," he said.

Batman 4 Paws operates through donations. If you'd like to help Batman out with his mission, click here. You can also click here to donate to the organization's GoFundMe page.

Do not miss the absolutely adorable video at the link. It contains information that was not in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back