• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A weed smoking mother who beat her infant daughter to death with a high-heeled shoe will not face jail because she had developed schizophrenia, a court has said.

The 31-year-old, identified only as Labake M., inflicted injuries to two-year-old Destiny so severe that her face was almost completely destroyed.

The incident occurred on December 9 last year.

Labake was living in a refugee shelter in Cologne, Germany, having arrived in the country from Nigeria.

She had reportedly left a three-year-old child with her mother-in-law in Nigeria before traveling to Europe, and married Destiny's father, named as Chideral M., after meeting him in Libya in 2015.

She had become a cannabis user after Chideral left her for someone else sometime after Destiny's birth in November 2016.

The court heard Labake had developed schizophrenia, which many experts warn can be brought on by frequent cannabis use.

Labake is also thought to have been under pressure after her asylum application was rejected, although it had been put on appeal after she said her previous husband had beaten and threatened to kill her if he saw her again.

Chideral raised the alarm with police after Labake arrived at his home without the child and making little sense.

When he asked where Destiny was, she told him: "She is there, where she belongs."

Medics who attended the scene after Destiny's death could only confirm that she had died from massive head injuries.

Later when questioned about the death, Labake said it was not her fault and that it was an accident.

At the end of the court hearing, Judge Dr Joerg Michael Bern ordered Labake committed to a psychiatric institution, agreeing with experts that she had not been responsible for her actions at the time of the killing.

The local youth protection authorities, who were monitoring the mother because of depression, were also ruled blameless because her psychiatric issues had developed so quickly.

The judge said: "It is extremely difficult for me.

"Normally at the end of a court case you find somebody who is responsible.

"But if you look at this case - you find no one.

"Nobody could have seen what would happen.

"A rapidly developing psychological problem that ended in catastrophe."
1566441671823.png
1566441684226.png

I don't know about this case, but between normal teenage pot smoking a few times and our dad's death, "they" tell us pot smoking could have been a factor in my brothers seemingly sudden onset of paranoid schizophrenia. If she was new to it, couldn't that have been her trigger event into schizophrenia, the pot smoking?

Clearly, this was N act of self hatred.

Kid looks like mama.
Mama obliterated kids face.

Whack job should fucked herself off, but shes a coward.
Deserts the birth country, cant fit in anywhere...
I.e.
Smash the only thing that DOES love me.
Myself...cant beat my own face off ...
I'll smash this lil face instead.
See what I mean?

Both @BuffettGirl and @Muriel Schwenck are correct, there are some studies that have shown a correlation to marijuana smoking and the onset of schizophrenia.
Today, I filled out my patient information for a MMJ doctor (an anesthesiologist) and after doing the questionaire, I was directed to read and e-sign several informational pages of studies listing the negative side effects of medical-marijuana usage, and schizophrenic onset was one of the first potential harmful side effects listed.
As both ladies have pointed out, it may not be the cause of schizophrenia, but heavy usage during the primary ages when schizophrenia most often presents itself (mid to late teens/early twenties), can compound the underlying causation, and accelerate or escalate the disorder to a more rapid mental decline in some people/patients who are either genetically, or by their natural but irregular brain chemistry, more susceptible to developing the mental disorder.

ETA: If this woman does indeed suffer from schizophrenia, and was/is delusional, this is one of the saddest stories I have read on DD, right up there with the mother who killed her infant and ate some of it's brains in a paranoid demonic delusion, and the "Daddy ate my eyes out" story of the father who was massively strung out on multiple drugs and attacked his own family.
Again, if this is the real situation, and not some type of BS malingering excuse solely for the purpose of a trial defense, then this woman will surely be forever horrified and haunted if/when she regains full lucidity.

Last edited:
I'm thinking someone with mental illness seek to self medicate. Cannabis is now and has always been readily available.
My brother has paranoid schizophrenia. yes, he smoked a lot of weed leading up to his diagnosis. But there were signs and symptoms wayyy, wayyyyyy, wayyyyyyy before he ever took his first hit of MJ. He has also been a meth user since the age of 16.
Should we blame that too? I would love to. But realistically, I know he had issues wayyy, wayyyyyy, wayyyyyyy before he ever tried meth for the first time.

A heavy drug using cousin went rapidly schizophrenic about age 24. Really bad collapse. His doctors thought it was made much worse by drug use.
I can see how drug use might accelerate what was already underway.
This. Drugs don't cause schizophrenia, they exacerbate whats already there. 31 while being on the later end, still falls into when it usually presents.

There is a very real chance she's not even schizophrenic. Its extremely common for courts to just take the defenses word and declare them mentally unfit. They dont challenge it with their own experts because it allows them to give a harsher penalty than could have been handed down otherwise. In the EU(especially the western countries) claiming mental deficiency is a HUGE gamble, one that ends badly for most. It allows them to keep her for life instead of the 25 she would have gotten other wise.

Me hypothesizes Labake was already bat-shit crazy. She left her first-born in Nigeria with her mother-in-law (not baby daddy, he gone), married a dude in Libya and had Destiny (ironic name), he burned off, she moved to a refugee camp in Germany and was refused asylum, then decided to get stiletto stabby on the baby. There were some red flags a'wavin.

Is the German court system caught in a 1800’s time warp? The judges ruling is basically ‘no woman in her right mind would harm her baby, so therefore she must have gone crazy- from marijuana madness & a case of hysteria!’

In sticking with the Victorian era diagnosis, perhaps a lobotomy would be a fitting cure for her ailments?!

I feel like if you are someone who does legitimately need medication for a mental illness, using pot is probably not the best idea. I think that people try to self medicate with it when they actually need real doctors, and they stick to it not realizing it’s doing more harm. As an active user I can vouch that their are side effects, and those with a mental illness, it probably interacts a lot differently with their brain then with someone sans illness. To be in such a place where you don’t know if you’re sane or not... please leave the weed alone.

No hate here for people dealing with anything by the way.

Hate for this bitch.

Also....I have a toddler. I’ve never been so high I wanted to beat her in the face with one of my shoes.... omg no matter how much she drives me absolutely crazy.

@Siobhan - At the time, "they" told us to think of it as an hideous allergic reaction to something. That one time is all it takes if your loved one has this particular "allergy". I've always wondered how on or off point that idea is... What do you think?

While it may be possible, I don't think it's *probable* that a "one time" use of marijuana would trigger schizophrenia, the studies showed it to be more of an extended use of high potent THC content marijuana, and I've known people with marijuana allergies - they usually have either skin irritation when handling it, or get severely ill (nausea/vomiting/diarrhea) immediately when consuming it in any form.
That said, I do think that certain other, much more powerful hallucinogens (yes, marijuana is/can be a mild hallucinogen) such as MDMA, LSD, peyote, jimson weed, mushrooms or even methamphetamine taken in a high enough "one time" dosage could certainly cause a triggering effect in those who're predisposed to severe mental illness disorders.
Of course, it also must be said, as you and I know from our family member's illnesses, that no two patients present the same severity or symptoms when dealing with something as complex as schizophrenia, so that would also, IMO, play a major factor in how drug/alcohol use/abuse can compound (or not) how each patient presents within the illness, and in the severity of their symptoms and types of hallucinations, or even delusions for those who have the worst forms of the illness.

Back