• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A father was arrested this week in Paulding County for the murder of his 3-month-old child.

Zyathen Blair was rushed an Indiana hospital Friday, October 20 after reports the child was not breathing.

The following day, the staff at the hospital reported the child suffered from child abuse. Staff said the child was not expected to live.

Blair died at the hospital on Wednesday. An autopsy revealed Blair suffered from blunt force trauma.

Tristen Blair, 19, was arrested and charged for the murder of Zyathen.

“This is an incredibly bad situation for the family of young Zyathen. He was a defenseless infant and there’s absolutely no excuse for this,” said Sheriff Jason K. Landers. “I give credit to my staff working this case, as well as the family that cooperated with the investigation. I cannot begin to imagine their pain.”
http://www.wbtv.com/story/36697103/paulding-county-man-arrested-for-murder-of-3-month-old-baby
15262471_G.png

Baby was fussing and not letting me type....could only throw up his FB and then surprise surprise take care of my babe in a way that brought no bruises bleeding on the brain or broken bones...imagine fucking that, there IS a way!

Stupid fucktard...also....Zyathen? Sounds like an antidepression drug....mom looks sweet..hope shes not gonna stand by this fucker.

My grandangel fusses, but only until gpa is on the scene ;). She loves me. But still, no need for broken bones and trauma.

Tristen Blair, 21, Grover Hill, was sentenced to 36 months in prison for reckless homicide, a third-degree felony; and seven years in prison for burglary, a second-degree felony.

The sentences are to be served consecutively.

Blair pleaded no contest to reckless homicide and pleaded guilty to burglary, as part of a plea agreement in December. The reckless homicide charge involves the death of Blair’s 3-month-old son, Zyathen, who died in October 2017.

Blair’s attorney Danny Hill II had asked for the minimum sentence in both cases.

“In regards to the reckless homicide, your honor heard the trial,” Hill said. “That was not, obviously, an intentional act on the part of Tristen. No one is sure what happened. Zyathen’s head hit the wall. You heard Tristen say he didn’t mean to do it.”

He pointed out that Blair had almost no prior criminal history as an adult. In addition, Blair has a lot of family support.

“If he (Blair) could take it back, he would,” Hill said.

Rickerd also addressed the court about the burglary at her home in August 2017.

“I had a puppy at my house,” Rickerd said. “He (Blair) put a sleeping bag over her and tormented my dog to the point that I can’t even have the dog with my grandkids now. I can’t have anyone in my house. I had to buy another dog to try to calm her down. ... I had to put up more cameras outside my house to make sure no one comes messing around.”

She doesn’t understand why Blair didn’t ask for help instead of breaking into her home.

“Why did he have to steal from me?” she asked. “I am in fear when I get home at night because I don’t know if someone is messing around at my house or in my house. ... I would like for him to be sentenced for the max for breaking in and stealing my items and tormenting my dog. ... Then I find out about this baby, that’s wrong.”

I have re-read this story and still have a difficult time understanding exactly what happened.

But it is heartbreaking to know that this child's life was only worth three years and "stuff" was worth seven.

The article is very interesting on how organ donations can complicate criminal investigations and at the time of Zaythen's donation his death had not been ruled a homicide.

Zaythen was a hero to a little girl who needed a heart.
While Zyathen's death wasn't a homicide when organ donation occurred before the autopsy, Burkard said he can see how the two procedures can work together to achieve both goals.

"Ultimately, if you go to a jury, you have to have everything well-documented and if you have both of those professionals working together and they're both able to say whatever the causation of death was and it's not related to the organs being donated then, again, it's a win-win situation," he said.

Destiny is grateful both procedures worked for her baby boy. Looking at a picture of his tiny foot wrapped in a hospital band marked organ donor, she tears up, saying it's a symbol of her son making a difference.

"In my eyes he's a little hero and you know how heroes wear capes? To me that was his cape," she said. "A four-month-old baby girl who has his heart, she could do something great in life and knowing my son's heart is keeping her going, it's a blessed feeling."
photo

“In regards to the reckless homicide, your honor heard the trial,” Hill said. “That was not, obviously, an intentional act on the part of Tristen. No one is sure what happened. Zyathen’s head hit the wall. You heard Tristen say he didn’t mean to do it.”

And that was that.

Back