• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
We have a regular door lock, a deadbolt, and a hotel style non-locking hasp that is too high for them to reach even on a chair. If they get through the door, they then have to figure out how to unlock the storm door. If they were to escape out the patio they wouldn't be able to scale the 6' fence or open the gates because the lock is on the outside. Pretty sure at least one of our dogs would be going out with them, so they wouldn't freeze to death either. I think our set up is pretty damn secure, but we made the effort to get it that way.

Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Dont know if i agree with the charges here.

Ive had a 5 year old who went through a phase where she kept trying to run away. I spent most my life on night shift and slept during the day, if the wife wasnt home dealing with it and had perhaps just left the kid watching tv or something while she ran errands, id have no clue the kid was busting loose.

And although 3 may be pushing it, almost every kid ive had the misfortune of raising had shown a capability to get through windows, even from a young age. Simply ensuring the front door cant be opened isnt a fix.

Sleeping shouldnt be a crime.

Last edited:

VLGRDSPLY

Bold Member!
First night I slept in my new house, we had been outside in driveway hanging with friends when kiddo (6 yo) went to bed. I woke up because I heard a noise... sat n listened for a min, didnt hear anything else but new house/ so I got up to look around. We didnt realize that our front door was the type that even if locked from outside, it seemed unlocked from inside... Kiddo had woken up n went outside to look for us, and locked himself out. I was right there fast enough, he didnt even realize yet he was locked out, and my bedroom was right there, so I would have woken up the min he knocked... But still scary!

Sue sue

Take 6
Bold Member!
I worry about this everytime I leave for work. I will call my husband to wake him up to check on my daughter.

misfirefly

Bold Member!
Years ago when my oldest was little she got up in the middle of the night to see the snow. She was 2 and a half. I woke up because I heard a weird noise. Freaked out when I realized she was outside the door. We hadn't realized she could reach the top lock. I am only aware of her going out because she had dressed in layers but couldn't open the door to get back in with her gloves on. It was the first time she had ever even opened the door. No prior warning and her being my first not something that I had considered. Though we did add another latch much higher on the door.

GoneWest

Bold Member!
Given the rest of the story, I withdraw my cum dumpster comment. Sounds like a (probably preventable) tragedy. Hope she didn’t suffer long.
Like your withdraw-many wouldn’t bother.
Post automatically merged:

Dont know if i agree with the charges here.

Ive had a 5 year old who went through a phase where she kept trying to run away. I spent most my life on night shift and slept during the day, if the wife wasnt home dealing with it and had perhaps just left the kid watching tv or something while she ran errands, id have no clue the kid was busting loose.

And although 3 may be pushing it, almost every kid ive had the misfortune of raising had shown a capability to get through windows, even from a young age. Simply ensuring the front door cant be opened isnt a fix.

Sleeping shouldnt be a crime.
I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. Yes, many tragedies can be foreseen and avoided, but not all. Sadly it often takes something horrible to happen to one unfortunate soul to save another down the line. Like rip away blind cords or toilet locks- a child’s unfortunate death lead to those. I never would have worried my kids would have woken up and went outside if we were napping, but I guess they could have. Sometimes I’m amazed all three of my kids made it to adulthood alive-seriously, I have decided that is my life’s greatest accomplishment.

Last edited:

Turd Fergusen

Trusted Member
Bold Member!

When my kids were smaller I had these on all entry/exit doors to the house about 6' up or so. My first born was a wanderer and I put one on the outside of her bedroom door so we could latch it when we put her to bed.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Akron mother was outraged Friday morning when she learned that she and the father of her children were heading to prison for the death of their 2-year-old daughter, who was found unresponsive in the cold last February.

“That is so f----- up!” Tierra Williams, 23, shouted as a Summit County sheriff’s deputy put handcuffs on her wrists.

“Stop, Tierra!” Angela Williams, Tierra’s mother, admonished from the gallery.

“I’m so f------ mad!” Tierra Williams said as a deputy led her from the courtroom.

This was the dramatic ending to the emotional sentencing of Williams and Dariaun Parker, Williams’ ex-boyfriend.

Parker, 25, and Williams pleaded guilty last November to child endangering, which carries a penalty of up to three years in prison. Both were hoping for probation, while prosecutors urged prison time.

Summit County Common Pleas Judge Alison McCarty sentenced Parker to two years in prison and Williams to 18 months. She told both she will consider releasing them early.

Williams found her daughter, Wynter Parker, unconscious Feb. 2 outside the family’s Willow Run apartment near the Goodyear Airdock and made a frantic call to 911.

“She’s frozen! She’s frozen!” Williams told the dispatcher.

Angela Williams, Tierra’s mother, begged McCarty to give her daughter probation. She said her daughter is a good mother who made “one bad decision” and has suffered enough.

“We need to heal as a family and not be pulled apart with her being gone from her kids and her family,” Angela Williams said.

“I take full responsibility ...” Williams said, unable to continue.

“It was a tragic accident,” Parker said. “I’ve learned from it. I can’t talk right now ...”

McCarty said the couple found themselves in a dysfunctional situation, with Parker up all night recording music in a studio for a career for which he wasn’t yet being paid and Williams working during the day cutting clients’ hair at their homes and unable to take two young children with her.

“That needed to be resolved,” the judge said. “That’s an untenable situation.”
1549404035244-png.12825

notchback

Insensitive Asshole
Bold Member!
Fuck them both. Let them rot in prison.

Parker up all night recording music in a studio for a career for which he wasn’t yet being paid
In other words, he thinks he a musician but no one likes his shit. Too bad. Maybe Bubba will let him sing while he's getting sodomized.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Wow thats bullshit. Why did she get almost the same sentence as him? She wasnt even the one home at the fucking time.

This is absolute fucking MADNESS. Prison time for working. That's all that happened here. The woman committed the crime of being black, poor, and having a job while dating a deadbeat. Shameful.

SOOOOO many other parents do soooooo much worse, and deliberately with the intent to cause harm, to their kids and get FAR less punishment.

This is so fucking disgusting.

Wonder why she even pled guilty. Shoulda fought that shit.

I don’t ask permission
Should learn your fucking place and start doing better by your owner, i mean husband

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Maybe someone should have told this piece of shit before he made three children that it was time to grow up and give up his music career.

Someone should let Tee Tee know it was pretty fucked up that a two year old froze to death because she and her penis are shitty parents.

Members online