• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Randolph County man was placed on home detention after he pleaded guilty to causing the death of a two-year-old boy.

Joshua Null, 24, was at first charged with murder in the March 2017 death of Zaydon Taylor Reed Gray.

Randolph County Prosecutor David Daly amended that charge to involuntary manslaughter.

Randolph Circuit Court Judge Jay Toney accepted a plea agreement in the case that placed a three-year cap on the sentence Null could receive, and required that any incarceration imposed be served on electronic home detention.

When Toney announced he was accepting the deal, “despite how distasteful and unfair it seems,” the victim’s mother, Bridget Goodwin, left the courtroom.

Goodwin had earlier taken the witness stand to tearfully express opposition to the plea agreement.

“I don’t believe this plea gives my son any justice,” she said. “My son was two years old. He couldn’t defend himself.”

The judge imposed a three-year sentence. Null also received credit for more than 420 days already served in jail.

Prosecutor Daly said he made the decision to reduce the charge after numerous interviews were conducted and depositions were taken.

An autopsy determined Zaydon died after suffering a lacerated stomach and a torn diaphragm.

“We can’t determine how that occurred,” the prosecutor said.

Evidence suggested the injuries were caused by “just one blow,” not reflective of an attack that would be “indicative of an intent to kill," Daly said.

A defense witness was prepared to testify Zaydon might have died as a result of a health disorder, the prosecutor added.

In pleading guilty, Null acknowledged touching the boy “in a rude, insolent or angry manner.”

Details of that incident were not discussed, however. The defendant did not make a statement before Toney imposed the sentence.

Zaydon Gray died during an overnight visit to Null’s home.

The relationship between Null and the victim was not discussed during Thursday’s hearing.

In the wake of the death, authorities said the boy’s mother had informed Null he was the boy’s father.
1570014480403.png
1570015192703.png

From article - Evidence suggested the injuries were caused by “just one blow,” not reflective of an attack that would be “indicative of an intent to kill," Daly said.

Remember child murderers - if it takes more than one punch to kill a toddler -
you might get jail time

How hasn’t this gotten more coverage? This is insane. There has to be some kind of corruption, bribery, cover up going on here. I demand someone make a fuss. Not me. But aren’t there people who make these kinds of injustice their life work. Seriously, where are the Erin Brocoviches of Child Abuse?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back