• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I know stupidity is not a crime but come on

A jury has acquitted a Miami man who was charged with manslaughter after his 6-month-old baby son fatally choked on a lollipop.

Jurors agreed late last week with defense lawyers that the death of Jermaine Marcell Levy’s infant was accidental, and not the result of reckless behavior.

“Mr. Levy, a 19-year-old first-time father had his son die in his arms as he tried to resuscitate him on Father’s Day. The death of his son was a horrible tragedy for everyone involved. Thankfully, the jury correctly concluded that he was not guilty for this purely accidental death.”- Miami-Dade Assistant Public Defender Adam Saper

Levy, now 20, was arrested after police said he kidnapped his infant son from the child’s mother, Warnisha Davis, in June 2018. Cops said he punched her in the mouth before taking the child, even though he had never cared for the baby on his own.

The homeless Levy took the child to a tent where he was living out outside a friend’s house.

Levy had never cared for the boy on his own and took no diapers or food with him — and the child needed formula every four hours, police said At one point, the most he could do was give the child water from a hose at the home, according to the warrant.

According to police, the boy was sucking on the lollipop when Levy fell asleep for about one minute. He awoke to the sound of the child “gasping for air.”

Levy was convicted of battery for punching the child’s mother. He remains jailed while awaiting sentencing on that charge.

Levy had never cared for the boy on his own and took no diapers or food with him — and the child needed formula every four hours

From which dipshit did he pick the child up from?!?!? They should catch a charge...homeless-no problem, never taken care of a child-no problem, no food-no problem, no diapers etc...

I mean come on people

I understand why the kidnapping charges didn't stand if he was the biological father but I struggle with why no charges of neglect or child endangerment. I dug up some old articles which sound like he went ballistic on the mother before taking the child so she didn't exactly give him up willingly, and he knew he didn't have the means to take care of his son. Surely he couldn't have been so dumb as to not know that babies need food and diapers.

Throwing him in jail probably wouldn't actually help anyone out anyway. As @Satanica said, it looks like he has a catastrophically low IQ, and I think he just wanted to spend Father's Day with his kid. Most mentally stable people don't end up on the streets to begin with. So I doubt he's a career criminal, but it is unfortunate they can't give him a vasectomy because he sure as hell shouldn't possess a child while unsupervised. He's probably the type who needs a group home to teach him basic life skills and keep an eye on him more than anything.

Those fucking "Justice 4 Personoftheweek" or "Free Mr. Jailbird" shirts are so fucking tacky. Why god why do people make them.

Throwing him in jail probably wouldn't actually help anyone out anyway. As @Satanica said, it looks like he has a catastrophically low IQ, and I think he just wanted to spend Father's Day with his kid. Most mentally stable people don't end up on the streets to begin with. So I doubt he's a career criminal, but it is unfortunate they can't give him a vasectomy because he sure as hell shouldn't possess a child while unsupervised. He's probably the type who needs a group home to teach him basic life skills and keep an eye on him more than anything.

Those fucking "Justice 4 Personoftheweek" or "Free Mr. Jailbird" shirts are so fucking tacky. Why god why do people make them.
There are thousands upon thousands of mentally ill people living on the streets. No such placement space available.

Cops probably wouldn't issue Amber alert and didn't look for child. Poor mum was probably frantic and got no assistance from shitty lazy cops

Back