• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
February 20, 2018

A grandmother is outraged after the man who murdered her granddaughter violated his probation.

Daniel Aragon was released from prison last November after serving only five years as part of a plea deal, but he’s already back in jail accused of violating his probation.
On November 2012, Tracy Sylvia's life changed forever on the day her 22-month old granddaughter, Emma Rose, was killed.

"She had four fractures to her skull. She had a punctured spleen. She had a punctured kidney. Her intestines were actually ripped from the lining. She had bruises on her ears. She had a black eye," Sylvia said as she described her granddaughter's injuries.

Aragon, who was dating Emma Rose's mom, pleaded no contest to second-degree murder and abandonment in a child resulting in death. The plea deal meant Aragon would spend five years in prison followed by five years of probation. He was released from prison last November.

But Aragon is now back in jail accused of violating his probation. Under the plea deal, a judge could now give Aragon a 25-year prison sentence.

"The judge did promise us that if he came back with a parole violation that she was going to put him away for the 25 years," said Sylvia.
Aragon was re-arrested last week

. Sylvia said Aragon doesn't deserve another chance.

"He gets a second chance. Emma Rose doesn't get that second chance," she said.
https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/grandmother-murdered-toddler-justice-daniel-aragon/4796854/

May 09, 2018

The judge told him she was making good on a warning she gave him at his original sentencing.

Wednesday, Daniel Aragon stood in front of District Court Judge Jacqueline Flores and admitted he messed up.

"I got high. I went and got high with my mother," Aragon said.

When Aragon was originally sentenced, Judge Flores gave him 30 years behind bars, but she suspended 25 of them, meaning he only had to serve a total of five years.

In court documents Judge Flores made it clear that once Aragon got out and was on probation, if he violated any conditions there would be "zero tolerance."

"When I say zero tolerance I mean it, so you've got to know that too, Mr. Aragon. I can't imagine that I wouldn't have made that clear to you at the time," Judge Flores said.

Aragon did violate his probation a handful of times since he was let out of prison last November.

He was arrested in February after he tested positive for meth, missed a few random drug tests, then hid from officers when they went looking for him at his house.

Wednesday, Aragon learned what that "zero tolerance" warning really meant.

"I'll commit you to the Department of Corrections for 12 years," Judge Flores said.
https://www.krqe.com/news/crime/man...o-12-years-for-violating-probation/1170237284

Wednesday, Aragon learned what that "zero tolerance" warning really meant.

"I'll commit you to the Department of Corrections for 12 years," Judge Flores said.

She might have to look up what zero tolerance really means. You can't threaten him with 25 years, give him 12 and call it 'zero tolerance'. For real?

Back