• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Malone woman accused of having sexual contact with a 4 1/2-year-old child while her 11-year-old daughter videotaped the incident was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years of probation, with the first 180 days to be served in the Franklin County Jail, after pleading guilty in Franklin County Court to a charge of first-degree sexual abuse.

Chrystle M. Cousins, 32, was also ordered by County Judge Robert G. Main Jr. to register as a sex offender.

I assume her parental rights were terminated

Disgusting how the justice system doesnt care about female offenders.

I assume she was filming this for a pedophile she knew and was in contact with. Have there been any other arrests? Is that the reason for the light sentence, shes hookin them up?

Misleading title on the article. They bury the "serving 180 days in jail" in the article and make it sound like it was JUST probation.

The sentencing still sucks (as it often does when they don't want to make children testify), but this clickbait shit can suck my nuts.

@spiff

Jail and prison are not the same-justice was not served in this case.

Fully aware, and the jail versus prison difference is generally the length of time involved. Prisons are better suited for long term prisoners and have a lot of programs and funding. Jails typically have worse conditions.

So, I think it’s actually opposite of what you said, but I never thought the sentence was fine. I think it’s absurd to make a headline sound like she got away with ONLY probation, when she also was incarcerated for six months. 6 months is not a negligible part of the sentence, and should not have been hidden from the headline. That’s pure clickbait, and that’s my problem with it.

@spiff

I would have thought the opposite. Individuals I know that have been in jail were able to leave to go to work in the day.

My bestie's child's father only had to go in on the weekends.

Not sure which one to use for thanks- so I am going to give you a cookie

@spiff

I would have thought the opposite. Individuals I know that have been in jail were able to leave to go to work in the day.

My bestie's child's father only had to go in on the weekends.

Not sure which one to use for thanks- so I am going to give you a cookie

I see what you mean now, but those are VERY limited programs. The weekend thing would have had to be addressed during sentencing, so she definitely won’t qualify for that. It’s usually for parents and I doubt she legally qualifies as that anymore.

I’ve never heard of people with a six month sentence getting work release, especially For inmates with victims. The jail has to determine if you’re trustworthy first which takes time. I think all the inmates that worked at Chili’s with me back in the day as cooks just had drug charges or DUI’s so they were minimal risk employees. Inmates barely make money, but are in it for the freedom and to make themselves employable upon release. She will not get to enjoy this perk, but I agree with you that it would be far better than prison if you are lucky enough to be accepted into that type of program. Some states even require court approval which I also doubt she could obtain.

She’ll probably just endure more crowded facilities, dingier and dirtier cells, more deplorable food, and mattresses that have bounced around through inmate after inmate. Inmates often seek transfers to prison for those reasons.

Crazies in prison have it best of all, their hospital facilities are supposed to be the best (minus being surrounded by more crazies). Irrelevant to this case but thought I’d throw it out there.

That said, I think we both fully agree that six months isn’t enough anywhere at all, but I don’t think she will be allowed to have an easier time in lockup. At least this was part of a plea deal and the kids didn’t have to testify or see the beast again I guess.

I didn't know what to say when my friends told me that my girlfriend's mom is a sex offender all I thought was why isn't she in jail but her daughter doesn't need her anyway she's doing fine with me
Post automatically merged:

And people r stupid she was only 7 when this happened cause shes 12 about to be 13 and this was done in 2014

Last edited:
Misleading title on the article. They bury the "serving 180 days in jail" in the article and make it sound like it was JUST probation.

The sentencing still sucks (as it often does when they don't want to make children testify), but this clickbait shit can suck my nuts.
Not sure how that’s considered buried-it literally says it in the same sentence. She’s serving 180 days of her probation in jail. That’s not a jail sentence-she’s probably in some kind of pathetic diversion program. If that’s your idea of click bait it’s welcome to your nuts.

Back