• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Wisconsin parents were arrested after their newborn baby boy was found wrapped in a plastic bag in the back of his father's car and later died from his injuries, Wood County deputies said in a press release posted online Wednesday.

Twenty-two-year-old Marylinn Feher and 19-year-old Allen Rice were arrested on suspicion of child neglect for the death of their newborn son, who died Saturday after he was found “wrapped inside a tied plastic garbage bag” in the back of the car, WAOW reported.

Wood County sheriffs were called to Marshfield Medical Center Saturday morning after staff reported a possible missing newborn, according to the press release. Officers found the infant wrapped in a bath towel inside a tied plastic bag in the trunk of a vehicle belonging to the child’s father abandoned in the hospital’s parking lot, WLUK reported.

Police estimate the infant was left in those conditions for approximately three hours. The child was rushed to the medical center’s emergency unit where he was reportedly revived temporarily but later died.

What??? Was he literally discharged after being born, then dumped in the trunk of the car...if they didn't want him, why not just leave him in the hospital where he was safe and could be placed in a loving home.

"An investigation revealed Feher gave birth to the baby boy earlier that day at a private home in the town of Milladore. It remains unclear how hospital staff knew about the missing newborn. The child was not brought to the medical center earlier to be treated for injuries before he was found by police."

Yeah, this is my home & not much info that I've found. However, it is still an explicit statement by the news that the cops were notified by the Clinic, but that there no info on who that person in, if they are related to the clinic or how they knew it. The infant was apparently not being cared for at all by the clinic, so I assume from the statements that the baby's location in the parking lot is as close as he came.

Local news sucks, just basically the newspaper, which apparently really wishes we could just report on the sunny feel good things - I don't think the reporters really know how to find & report the nitty gritty crap.

Based on my local knowledge of the geographic places involved, the clinic system & hospital, here are my questions, which I'm hoping are answered by a real investigative reporter from other news sources at some sooner time.
1. Whose truck was the baby found in? Are they related to the parents or just a poor secondary victim who had the baby tossed into the truck?
2. Obviously, the weird statement from & about the clinic/hospital is interesting. Bad reporting that simply is badly written? If so, it could be something utterly mundane & common sense actions by someone who was acting reasonably. Or is it truly some weird hidden connection to the crime itself?
3. The statements about the injuries... Was the baby one of the tragic but unfortunately common newborn who was left to die by idiots who should definitely not breed? Or was it even worse & these fuckups actually hurt the baby before abandoning him to die from suffocating and exposure?
4. Milladore is a teeny little pimple of a place, even smaller than my own town village that has a population of 750 people (we are all little connected communities that are adjacent to the *big* town of Marshfield). I agree that the photo makes her appear handicapped & they both look rather like they are mentally challenged. But is she handicapped or just photoed after arrest & she's milking the medical attention she must be getting since she just gave birth? But home births here just seems way off.
5. Of course, the usual question of how the fucking hell people like this exist. How can a person be a person who is capable of this shit ever not understand they are just wrong?
Post automatically merged:

And never mind. There are some updates in the local papers & I see that the vehicle was the bio father's car.

One link to updated story is here. Still reading it right now while I'm doing a bajillion other things at once.

Last edited:

According to the article, the timeline is:

late Friday night: she goes into labor
Saturday, 12:01 AM - 12:30 AM: baby is born
Saturday, 2:18 AM: she arrives at the hospital, denies having given birth
Saturday, 10 AM: hospital social worker reports missing baby to Sheriff's Dept
??? Sheriff's department responds
Saturday, 4 PM: she was still denying having given birth
??? Sheriff's department finds baby
??? Baby is revived
Saturday, 5:30 PM: baby is pronounced dead

Looks a bit hinky, but then there are some critical times that aren't reported.

An autopsy indicated the boy was born alive and suffered injuries around his neck that would not have come from the birth, according to court records. Feher told investigators she put her hands around the baby's throat at one point during the delivery. It may take some time before the exact cause of the baby's death is known, the records said.

Marshfield Medical Center staff members revived the baby and got a heartbeat, but the newborn died from his injuries, according to the Sheriff's Department. The baby was pronounced dead at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

Feher told police a doctor informed her in October that she was pregnant but she didn't believe it, because a doctor told her in 2015 that she couldn't get pregnant.

Rice told investigators he went to as many as three doctor's appointments with Feher where the doctor said she was pregnant, but the couple refused to accept the diagnosis, according to court documents. Investigators found texts from Feher to Rice about the pregnancy.

On Friday evening, Feher was working at her job at a nursing home when she began experiencing cramps. She drove to a Milladore home and asked Rice to get her something for the pain. Feher told investigators she didn't know what was happening and she was frightened.

Feher was in so much pain she crawled from the kitchen stove into a first-floor bathroom, she told investigators. At first she said she gave birth to her son in the bathtub but later said she gave birth while sitting on the toilet, according to court records.

Rice told investigators Feher called for him and he found her on the toilet and could see the head and shoulder of the baby coming out. The baby fell into the water, and Rice said he pulled it out.

Rice told investigators he knows CPR and tried to revive the baby, but it didn't work. He wrapped the baby in a towel, put him in a plastic bag and carried the infant out to his Jeep, according to court records. He placed the baby on the floor in the back seat. Rice said he couldn't get a heartbeat or find any indication the baby was breathing.

Rice said he tripped and dropped the baby on the way out to the vehicle, according to court records. Hospital employees found leaves, mud and twigs on the infant from the home's yard.

Feher said she cleaned up the mess in the bathroom with towels as best as she could and had Rice put the towels in a plastic bag and throw them into a dumpster. She then cleaned herself, put on fresh clothes and asked Rice to drive her to the emergency room, according to court documents.

The couple told investigators they thought they heard a noise from the back seat while driving to Marshfield, but they left the infant in the vehicle when Feher went into the emergency room.

Rice said he stayed in the Jeep with the baby and tried three times to revive him, according to court documents. He didn't take the baby inside the hospital because he thought the newborn was dead and he was scared, Rice told police.

Rice went into the emergency room to check on Feher at about 5 a.m. He went back out to the Jeep to check on the baby about 7:30 a.m., and it was at that time he tied the bag shut, according to court documents. Investigators believe the bag had been tied about 3.5 hours before police found the infant inside.

Feher told the investigators from the Wood County Sheriff's Department and Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation that she hit the baby's head against a toilet while she squeezed, according to the documents. She said she didn't want the baby.

Allen Rice was sentenced to 8 years WSP, 5 years initial term of confinement and 3 years of extended supervision, with 683 days credit for his role in his newborn son’s murder.
The newborn’s mother, Marylinn Feher, is serving life in prison with parole eligibility after 30 years for her role in the murder.

Back