• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New Zealand pizza chain pranked its patrons by serving plant-based, meatless patties on its so-called Burger Pizza — a stunt intended to “start conversation” about veganism, according to new reports.

Hell Pizza last week launched the meat pie, which purported to have a “medium rare burger patty” as its topping, the BBC reported.

About 3,000 pies were sold.

But on Thursday, the chain revealed that the patty was actually a vegan alternative by Beyond Meat.

They posted a video to Facebook showing patrons munching on the pizza — and reacting in disbelief when they’re told the “meat” is actually plant-based.

The big reveal angered countless commenters on the video, who accused the chain of deceiving and even endangering its customers.

“Totally lost trust and any thin crust credibility,” Christopher Brougham posted. “You have said one thing, done another and I hope your sales suffer. What were you thinking? Shocker. Avoid Hell.”

“A stunt like this is to be expected from people who don’t take food seriously and have no concern about consumers of their product,” Robert Eagle chimed in. “What would Hell Pizza’s reaction have been if a person had died as a result of an allergic reaction to something they ate unknowingly? Hell Pizza, you need to do better. No need to push your ideals onto others by hiding behind BS marketing.”

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/06/28/new-zealand-pizza-chain-stirs-controversy-with-vegan-prank/

I was curious enough about this to look up the ingredients of Beyond Meat burgers and there are several common allergens in them including tree nut components so yeah, this was incredibly stupid of them. They're lucky nobody became seriously ill or worse.

Last edited:
Dunno about in NZ, but over here in the US, that would be intentionally and knowingly selling a mislabeled food product, which in and of itself is enough to get whoever is DFI locked the fuck up, even if no one got hurt.

Fucking zealots— religious, political, social— I've got no use for them. The world don't wanna be saved from whatever your fucking cause is.

I would have noticed.

Most people just gobble pizza down like nothing, just mindless. I actualy care about toppings, and i especially enjoy quality beef on a pizza. This would not have gone unnoticed.
I can't imagine that secretly feeding @JackBurton tofu would end well for anyone. I bet it would be an entertaining ass-chewing to watch, though.

I can't imagine that secretly feeding @JackBurton tofu would end well for anyone. I bet it would be an entertaining ass-chewing to watch, though.

I have no beef with tofu. It's used in some of the greasy greatness ive gorged on at chinese buffets.

I do have beef with ti being passed off as beef though. My money would be refunded and i would get free shit on top of it.

Back