• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-father-allegedly-suffocated-daughter-7-found-dead-in-her-bed/
[....]
Police said Neil White, 47, is believed to have suffocated his daughter, 7-year-old Gabrielle White, but said the Westchester County Medical Examiner's office will determine the exact cause of death.

Investigators reportedly say a babysitter walked into the horrific scene around 3 p.m. Tuesday, finding Gabrielle dead in her bed and her father bleeding from his wrists.

"She saw Mr. White had cuts to his wrist, saw some blood and then she checked on the girl and saw she wasn't moving and called us," said New Rochelle Police Captain Robert Gazzola.

Police said his wife, Michelle Hord-White, had filed for divorce in April. The two lived separately but had joint custody.
[....]
Neil White is a writer and political consultant.

"He lost himself and in that deep dark place he acted out. And there's no logic or reason. It pushes the boundaries of reason that a father could kill his daughter," Rev. Richardson said.

The little girl, described as quiet and friendly, was in the second grade at the Ward School in New Rochelle.

In addition to soccer club, reading, and girl scouts, Gabrielle reportedly loved her church youth groups.

The investigation is ongoing.

My son's father tried to kill himself with my child in the home with him. my son was 2. he NEVER once showed any sort of behavior that could have predicted that. he was upset because of our break up. he didn't hurt my child, and he did not succeed in killing himself, but he was hospitalized for days. people who do shit to harm themselves do not talk about it at all. they just one day do some shit and you're like i wish i would have known.

Just an observation but babysitters don't usually just show up randomly. Unless she was dad's GF or maybe a really smart cookie who had seen some indication that something was wrong, she was booked in advance and he knew she was coming at that time. That doesn't necessarily preclude it from being a completely unpredictable act, but it also opens the door to the possibility he was banking on someone being there in time to save him, while letting his daughter die to get back at his ex.

Call me cycnical, but...

@Satanica
A jury convicted the New Rochelle man who was accused of suffocating his 7-year-old daughter in 2017.

Neil White was charged with second-degree murder in the death of Gabrielle White.

White had told police detectives that he didn't want his daughter growing up as a child of divorced parents.

He had received divorce papers from his wife Michelle Hord the day before the death, News 12 said.

The cause of Gabrielle White's death was asphyxia from smothering.

White faces 25 years to life in prison when he's sentenced next month.

Sounds like it should have been first degree murder since he had thought about it before killing her. But I don't know what all the legal wrangling that was involved.
Her killing didn't meet New York's criteria for a charge of Murder in the First Degree.

You can get to the New York statutes on homicide from here. Click on PEN then click on Article 125 to read the New York statutes concerning homicide.

--Al

@Satanica
A New Rochelle man was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison after he was convicted for smothering his 7-year-old daughter to death two years ago.

Neil White was found guilty of second-degree murder in connection to the 2017 incident.

During Thursday’s sentencing, Gabrielle White’s mother spoke out, describing the two years since her child’s death as “a razor-blade cut of trauma, memory, pain, confusion, betrayal and disbelief.”

“My heart and soul have literally been ripped from the body by this man,” Michelle Hoard said.

The Deputy District Attorney Timothy Ward asked the court for the maximum sentence, which the judge granted.
1570129270023.png

Back