• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Without going into a lot of details on why (unless someone actually cares) we will no longer be doing our Pulpit of Doom Podcasts on Youtube. I have been see-sawing on which streaming service we were going to use until, unbelievably, Pewdiepie ended up making the decision for me.

After his announcement he was partnering with Dlive, it was sort of a no-brainer. We already had an account there, although we have never used it. He is the first major streamer to "pick a side" and now that he is partnered with DLive, the company may just have a chance to compete with Youtube and Twitch -- two companies I currently loathe.

I'm not here to educate you on Dlive, so you can read all about them yourself and why it is different from other streaming sites (block chain, no money taken from creators), why the media will probably mount an attack against the platform (OH NOES! ALT-RIGHT!), and why all of that makes it a perfect home for our podcast that Youtube and Twitch feel is too salty for their advertisers.

I have some work to do before our first podcast will be ready to stream, but in the meantime you can create an account if you don't have one and give us a follow here: https://dlive.tv/DreaminDemon

We will continue to use our Youtube channel in some fashion (edited podcasts hosting, some other stuff we are working on), it's just our livestream podcast that will be hosted on Dlive.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to do so.

Back