• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A city woman is accused of killing her twin sister in an attack early Saturday.

Amanda Ramirez, 27, is charged with aggravated manslaughter in connection with the stabbing of her identical twin Anna, the Camden County Prosecutor's Office said Monday.

The victim was found by police officers responding to reports of an unconsicous woman at the Centennial Village apartment complex the prosecutor's office said.

Anna Ramirez was taken to Cooper University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead

Twin Killer-Amanda Ramirez.......................................Anna Ramirez

27 year old Amanda Rodriguez has been charged with aggravated manslaughter (!?) in the stabbing death of her twin sister Anna. Police responded to a call of an unconscious woman at the apartment the twins shared. Emergency responders found Anna on the ground bleeding. She was rushed to hospital and pronounced dead shortly after.

No motive for the attack has been announced. Prosecutors plan to ask that no bail be set.

This is the victim (though it is reasonable to assume the perp looks similar):

AnnaRamirez.JPG

[...]
Amanda Ramirez was outside the apartment when officers showed up, and officers said there were several bloody footsteps leading from the victim's body to the door of the apartment. Amanda Ramirez has blood on her clothes, and told officers that when she had picked up her sister on Westfield Avenue, she looked disheveled, authorities said.

She said she took her sister home, and when they arrived, her sister collapsed and was bleeding, according to authorities. She told officers they had gotten into an argument. [...]

Ramirez went on to provide two more differing accounts of the events, authorities said. In one account, she told detectives that she and her sister had been drinking at her cousin's house in Camden late Friday night, June 21. Early Saturday morning, Anna Ramirez took a taxi back to her apartment, authorities said Ramirez told them.

Amanda Ramirez said she and her friend went home to the apartment about 45 minutes later, at which time her sister was outside and appeared to be ill, authorities said. Anna Ramirez said she was going to get a cigarette, but when she stood up and began to walk, she fell to the ground, according to authorities.

Amanda Ramirez said this is when she noticed her sister bleeding from the chest and called 911. Amanda Ramirez didn't mention an argument with her sister in her second account, but detectives said they noticed scratches on both her cheeks and left eyelid, and multiple cuts on her left index finger. She told detectives she suffered those injuries in a fight that happened about a week earlier, but detectives noted in the report that injuries appeared to be fresh.

According to a third account, the sisters began fighting began when Anna Ramirez attacked her sister after the two arrived at the apartment complex from their cousin's house early Saturday morning. Amanda Ramirez said her sister initially hit her in the face, and the two exchanged blows until Amanda Ramirez ended up on her knees, according to the statement.

Amanda Ramirez then said her sister went inside, and came back brandishing a knife, according to authorities. The two struggled for control of the knife, and Amanda Ramirez said she ultimately ended up stabbing her identical twin sister in the chest.

When detectives said there were no knives found in the area, Amanda Ramirez told them she couldn't remember what she did with it, according to authorities.

During the execution of a search warrant at the apartment, detectives found several knives. One of the knives tested positive for blood, authorities said.

It was the third different story Amanda Ramirez told detectives during the course of the investigation.
[...]

Investigators suspect a New Jersey woman killed her twin sister over a man with whom they were both romantically involved, according to a report Thursday.

A “love triangle” is being eyed as the motive for the “fight that turned ugly” and ended in the shocking stabbing of Anna Ramirez, 27, a law enforcement source told the New York Times.

Identical twin Amanda Ramirez is charged with aggravated manslaughter in Anna’s death early Saturday morning in Camden, less than two hours after Anna posted a photo on Facebook that shows them smiling with two pals.

An aunt of the two women told the Times that their mom said they’d been fighting over Anna’s boyfriend, although the aunt wasn’t sure about the extent of his relationship with Amanda.

“They went to a party, they came home, they were drinking, they were arguing about a boyfriend,” Blanca Class said.

“[Amanda] just went on a crazy trip, stabbed [Anna] and killed her.”

A 12-year-old neighbor told The Post that she witnessed the slaying outside the sisters’ family home at the Centennial Village Apartments, a federally subsidized, low-income housing complex.

The girl said the twins “were both drunk and arguing on the porch.”

“There was a guy with them. Anna said to the guy, ‘I’m tired of her,’” the neighbor said.

Amanda went inside and returned with a knife, the girl said, then “grabbed Anna by the head and pushed her on the ground and started stabbing her.”

Why did the Post add this little nugget -Centennial Village Apartments, a federally subsidized, low-income housing complex.

Amanda you did not win the dick and I doubt he is gonna put any money on your books.

Last edited:
A New Jersey woman has pleaded guilty to fatally knifing her identical twin sister during a drunken argument that she claims not to remember.

Amanda Ramirez, 27, of Camden, took a plea deal for second degree manslaughter on Thursday after she initially denied stabbing Anna and later claimed self-defense.

The siblings fought outside Centennial Village Apartments complex, at around 5.30am on June 22, when the incident happened and police were called.

Ramirez said it started after a heavy night of drinking and that she could not remember why the pair were arguing

As she exited one of the hearings two individual family members could be heard shouting 'Love you' and 'Keep your head up, sis,' according to NJ.com.

In a courtroom video from Thursday Ramirez confirmed the timeline of the evening and admitted that her recklessness led to the death of her sister.

The twins' aunt Elizabeth Class told NBC New York that everyone was suffering.

'It's an immense pain for the family,' she added.

Ramirez struck a plea deal which downgraded her aggravated manslaughter charge to one for second degree manslaughter.

She could face between three and 10 years in state prison at her sentencing.

Ramirez broke down in tears as she addressed the court before her sentencing Thursday, further begging for her family’s forgiveness.

“I know there’s nothing I can say to justify what I did,” she sobbed.

“I just want to make it clear that I never had intentions of taking my twin sister’s life. If I could take back what I did I would in a heartbeat.

“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about my twin. And having to live with the fact that she’s no longer alive is devastating,” she said, with tears running down her face.

“I just want to apologize to my family for putting them through this. I hope that they all can forgive me.”

Ramirez will have to serve five years and one month before being eligible for parole
Family begged for her to come home early, insisting it would help them heal the loss.

“This hurts me deeply, but I need her to help me cope,” Bianca Medina, 16, pleaded in Camden County Superior Court as her sister Amanda Ramirez was sentenced for killing twin Anna.

She told Judge Edward McBride that the family was grieving two losses — one to death and the other in prison, according to the report.

“You hold my sister’s life in your hands, so please be gentle,” she pleaded during Thursday’s sentencing, NJ.com said.

Another sister, Monica Medina, 19, also addressed the court, pointing out the added heartache for the twins’ children, with Amanda having a two-year-old daughter and Anna three kids. “I’m hoping you can see her in a different light,” the older Medina said as she also asked for leniency,

Back