• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A tip of the ball cap to @Keepalowprofile

For the first time in Nevada’s recorded history, it appears a person might have been killed by an earthquake in the Silver State — though the quake responsible was actually in California.
9f1aee95-87b7-489e-befd-aa8470c7d5b5-AP19192786838280.jpg
Authorities in Nye County on Tuesday announced that they believe a Pahrump man was killed on July 4 when a 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck near Ridgecrest, California some 100 miles away.

That quake, which turned out to be a foreshock for a 7.1-magnitude temblor the next day, was felt from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.

The shaking that reached Pahrump — about 100 miles from Ridgecrest — was apparently strong enough to shake a Jeep off the jacks holding it up and onto 55-year-old Troy Ray, who was working underneath the vehicle, pinning and killing him.

Link

--Al

I hope you use those little ramps things and not a jack when you're crawling under vehicles!

I hope you use those little ramps things and not a jack when you're crawling under vehicles!
I know!!! I was looking at the photo carefully to see how the vehicle was originally jacked up vs people who removed the body, and I see lots of rocks, a cinder block and an old post.. Not good. The photos of the jeep and trailer home is so classic Mojave Desert.

a cinder block
I winced when I saw that.

Cinder blocks have a bad habit of crumbling when used to lift a vehicle, even without an earthquake stirring things up. That one is intact, though, so it didn't play a role in dumping the Jeep on Mr. Ray.

--Al

Latest posts

Back