• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Netflix’s new movie “The Perfection” is sick — and not in the good way.

Viewers are reporting headaches, nausea and even vomiting after watching the 90-minute horror flick’s particularly gory scenes.

In the thriller, which started streaming on Netflix May 24, “Girls” star Allison Williams plays Charlotte, an elite cellist who travels to Shanghai for a music competition, meeting her teacher Anton (Steven Webber) and up-and-coming prodigy Lizzie (Logan Browning, best known for “Dear White People”).

Charlotte and Lizzie quickly bond, heading off on a road trip to the Chinese countryside after Lizzie downs ibuprofen for a hangover.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/05/28/netflix-horror-movie-the-perfection-is-making-people-sick/

Nope not for me. I have random attacks of vertigo and they are horrific to me, I am not gonne watch anything that even might make me sick. I puke more than I want to already.

Ive heard the gore is overblown and the plot/characters are quite weak.

Sounds like a movie that seeks to rely on gore alone, lame.

Netflix had a decent little run goin when it comes to some solid horror. The Ritual was generic in almost every way but still made for a fun haunted woods/house story and it has one of the coolest movie monsters fucking EVER to make it worthwhile. Apostle was flawed but had some good things goin for it. Geralds Game was tremendous. Ive heard nothing but great things about Hush. Heard 1916 or whatever it is was solid.

There's nothing more horrifying or nightmarish in the entire universe than child birth. That shit will turn a dude asexual, well non-sexual really. I went 8 months without a single sexual thought, no exaggeration, after seein ghtat. I still wake up with nightmares.

Last edited:
In junior high I was sitting in a home ec class and the teacher ran a movie showing a birth. Of course, the lights were out. I got dizzy and must've been green around the gills cuz in that darkness the teacher lightly tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I wanted to leave. I guess she thought I was gonna yuke. I said no and braved it out by not looking directly at the gore. FYI, I am a non-breeder...

I did finally watch it and thought it was pretty good. Really, there was nothing about it that was sickening or headache inducing. Unless you have watched spoilers, love it or hate it, the movie is not about what you think it is.

It didn't. I think those reports of people getting sick were just hype put out just as the movie was released. I actually haven't seen either Get Out or Black Swan so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

They did the same thing with "Veronica". Put out a bunch of fake news stories about how it was so scary people were turning it off half way through. It was a fairly decent plot with a few good jump scared but I've seen many scarier.

"Perfection" I don't know though. I don't do puke if I can avoid it.

Back