• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mom has been charged with murder after the remains of a four-year-old child were found behind a home in north Charlotte.

Detectives say the body was found following reports that a four-year-old girl had not been seen in several months.

During the initial investigation, detectives received several tips and evidence that indicated foul play might have been involved. Homicide unit detectives were brought in and began investigating the case as a murder.

Police went to the home where they found human remains believed to belong to the missing four-year-old. The victim’s name is being withheld as police work to confirm the identity.

Police say several people were interviewed, including the child’s mother, 31-year-old Malikah Diane Bennett.

Bennett was arrested and charged with Felony Child Abuse, Inflicting Physical Injury, Felony Concealing a Death, and 1st Degree Murder.
1621721881111.png
1621722140306.png

Last edited:
Mom is repulsive. I can't believe men find that sexy.
She is little more than a toilet.
I can drop a deuce without becoming involved with the porcelain.
I will just get up and leave before the smell knocks me out...

Wait a minute what were we talking about again? A toilet? This ugly broad?
Hell now I'm all confused.

Oh right guys willing to have sex with that!
Some people will pork anything from both genders.
I have always had one rule to live by. If I feel I need to wear a hazmat suit I don't think it's wise to go near it.

It takes a truly cold hearted bitch to do something like this... And posing for pictures in that same backyard! smh..
And from what I've seen on fb she had about 8 children, been arrested for child abuse 3 times, and so so many calls to cps about beating on the children (not only her, but her mama and sister too) and leaving them out in the cold while car hopping till the small hours of night..
Crossing my fingers that she'll be beaten to a bloody pulp in jail.

The mother of a 4-year-old girl buried her daughter in the backyard of the family’s north Charlotte home eight months ago, investigators say in a case police called “deeply disturbing.”

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Migellic “Jelli” Young had not been seen since going to visit her mother, Malikah Bennett, in early September 2020. The remains of a 4-year-old girl, believed to be Migellic’s, were found Friday at the home on Braden Drive, police said.

“It’s very difficult to understand how someone can kill their child, bury them and move on with their life as if nothing has happened,” police Lt. Bryan Crum said at a news conference Monday. “I’ve worked homicide for the last 10 years, and I can tell you that this case is deeply disturbing.”

Bennett, 31, was charged with felony child abuse, inflicting physical injury, felony concealing a death and first-degree murder. She was denied bond at a court hearing Monday.

She also has three pending misdemeanor child abuse charges from February 2020, according to a public records search.

Her boyfriend, who police did not name, also lived at the home. Police did not charge him, and Crum said they “can definitively say that he’s not responsible” for Migellic’s death because he had an alibi.

Migellic lived in an “abusive environment” that ultimately resulted in her death, Crum said. The medical examiner’s office hasn’t disclosed how Migellic died, he said.

Police also said they are checking with the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services to see if the agency knew about possible abuse at the home.

“This could have been prevented,” she said. “I feel that social service failed Majelic and the rest of those kids.”

Even though Bennett had pending charges of child abuse for allegedly leaving her kids home alone in early 2020, her sister said Majelic moved from her dad’s house to live with her mom that very same year.

“She didn’t have her a month,” Bennett’s sister said. “She didn’t have her a month before everything happened.”

In August, she said she noticed her niece was missing and said her sister told her she had sent Majelic back to her dad’s house.

“She said she couldn’t deal with it,” Bennet’s sister said. “Majelic had some situation where she wouldn’t eat. I said she’s probably stressed, she doesn’t know you. She’s in a whole new situation.”

According to warrants, Bennett abused her daughter, leaving her with black eyes, bruises and swelling.

“I feel like everybody should have done more,” Bennet’s sister said.

Bennett made her first appearance in court Monday.

She was in the courtroom for just a few minutes and did not say anything as the judge told her she was charged with child abuse and murder.

Family members gathered outside the courthouse, holding signs that read “Justice for Majelic.”

On Thursday, police said they had also charged Bennett’s mother, 53-year-old Tammy Taylor Moffett, for her involvement in the crime. Moffett was charged with concealing a death and accessory after the fact of murder.

Channel 9′s Tina Terry talked to neighbors who wanted to share things they witnessed outside the family’s home over the past few years.

“It’s sickening. Honestly it’s so sick,” one neighbor said. “You look at someone, they’re your neighbor, you’ve heard them before. I’ve even looked her in the eyes before and it’s like I could never see you doing this.”

Some neighbors said they saw many signs that Bennett’s children were often not safe.

“The little boy was out there with the dog alone all the time,” a neighbor said. “One day there was a bus coming and he ran out in the street after the dog and almost got hit by a bus, caused a traffic jam. She didn’t come out until she noticed it and it was crazy. the kid almost got hit by a bus and he was three, four years old.”
1622164925663.png

And no one thought to call CPS? Jesus my neighbor called on me because I was a single mom with school age girls and an one year old at home.. I had talked to her about having uncontrolled grand mal seizures at the time and asked if it was okay if something happened could the kids come get her.. she said yes.. went home and called CPS.. these people see legit negligence and abuse for years and no one thought to call?

And no one thought to call CPS? Jesus my neighbor called on me because I was a single mom with school age girls and an one year old at home.. I had talked to her about having uncontrolled grand mal seizures at the time and asked if it was okay if something happened could the kids come get her.. she said yes.. went home and called CPS.. these people see legit negligence and abuse for years and no one thought to call?
Didn’t want to call and talk to CPS, but we’re chomping at the bit to talk to the news crew.
Nice.

New warrants reveal disturbing details in the case against a mother accused of murdering her 4-year-old daughter.

Police said Majelic Young died last year, but her remains weren’t found until May 2021.

A call from a social worker brought police to a home on Braden Drive, where they found Majelic’s remains buried in the backyard.
Now, those search warrants reveal sad and painful details of her final days and how police believe her mother, Malikah Bennett, killed her then tried to cover it up.

The warrant said Majelic’s 13-year-old sister told detectives that in August 2020, Majelic was forced to stand in the laundry room as punishment and was not allowed to sit down or leave. Afterward, she had a bowel movement in her pants.
She stood there for three days, getting so weak that she fell out of the back door, hitting her head on the ground. Majelic’s sister described her breathing as off and on, and she told police that was the day Majelic died.

She said that her mother washed up Majelic’s body and placed it in two black plastic bags, and then put it in the truck of her SUV where it stayed for about five days.

Finally, she told police that Bennett dug a hole and had her help put Majelic’s body in it and cover her up with dirt.

When police searched nine months later, they found a shovel and human remains.

Why did she even take this child?

The mother of a 4-year-old girl whose remains were found at a North Carolina home last month forced her 13-year-old daughter to help bury her sister in the backyard, according to a search warrant.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police charged Malikah Bennett, 31, with first-degree murder, felony child abuse, inflicting physical injury and felony concealing a death, The Charlotte Observer reported. Bennett also has three pending misdemeanor child abuse charges from February 2020, according to a search of public records.

Police also arrested and charged Bennett’s mother, Tammy Taylor Moffett, 53, with concealing a death and accessory to murder after the fact, her arrest warrant said.

Officers found the body of Miegellic “Jelli” Young buried outside her mother’s home in Charlotte. The warrant accuses Miegellic’s mother of forcing her to stand in a laundry room for three days as punishment for soiling her pants. She eventually became too weak to stand, fell out the back door and hit her head, the 13-year-old sister told police. The girl told police that Bennett performed CPR on the child, but she died.

Bennett placed Miegellic's body in two black plastic trash bags in the trunk of an SUV, where she remained for five days until the smell became bad, the warrant said. Bennett then drove the SUV to go buy a shovel, and after digging the hole, made the 13-year-old pick up her sister’s body, place it in the ground and cover it with dirt, the search warrant said.

1624050888472.png
Warrant: Mom made daughter bury sister, 4, in backyard

Me: Leaving abruptly to go puke.

A monster accused of killing her 4-year-old daughter in Charlotte pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Thursday.
Malikah Bennett, the mother of Migellic “Jelli” Young, was arrested in May 2021 after the girl’s remains were found buried in the backyard of a home on Braden Drive in north Charlotte.
She was sentenced to 300-372 months (25 years to 31 years) in prison for her role in the child’s death.
Bennett was one of several people who volunteered to be interviewed by detectives after the remains were discovered. Shortly after, police arrested and charged her with felony child abuse, inflicting physical injury, felony concealing a death and first-degree murder.
After Jelli’s death, an autopsy revealed she had been malnourished, abused and had acetone and ethanol in her system.

The girl was last seen in September 2020 - months before her remains were found.

In the weeks after Jelli’s death, warrants revealed that Bennett forced another daughter, who was 13 at the time, to help bury her sister.

According to the warrants, a person investigators interviewed told them Bennett punished the young girl by making her stand in a laundry room for days. She was unable to sit and reportedly became so weak she passed out and fell through a door.

Police said in May 2021 that an “abusive environment” eventually led to the girl’s death.

After the girl died, the person told investigators that Bennett placed her body in an SUV for about five days before burying her in plastic bags in the backyard.

Officers who worked the case called it “deeply disturbing” and said they suspected foul play shortly after the girl was reported missing.

Back