• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Is being tried in public opinion....

• Good, fuck em!

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Bad, help em!

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
http://6abc.com/news/navy-revokes-honorary-title-given-to-cosby/422198/

The Navy is revoking Bill Cosby's title of honorary chief petty officer, saying allegations of sexual abuse made against the comedian are serious and conflict with the Navy's core values.
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus and Master Chief Petty Officer Michael Stevens made the announcement Thursday in a statement.
Cosby enlisted in the Navy in 1956 and served four years as a hospital corpsman before being honorably discharged in 1960 as a 3rd Class Petty Officer. The honorary title was presented to Cosby in 2011.
The 77-year-old Cosby has refused to answer questions about mounting accusations that he sexually abused several women.
NBC recently scrapped a Cosby comedy that was under development, some of his appearances have been canceled and he has resigned from Temple University's board of trustees.

I have to first say the shit storm around Bill Cosby right now leads me to believe he is a sick fuck who drugs and rapes women. My problem however, lies with the way this country handles "allegations" and "suspicions" do you think it's right that he resigned from his position on the Board of Directors and now the Navy has revoked the honor they bestowed upon him when there is no real proof?

http://6abc.com/news/navy-revokes-honorary-title-given-to-cosby/422198/

I have to first say the shit storm around Bill Cosby right now leads me to believe he is a sick fuck who drugs and rapes women. My problem however, lies with the way this country handles "allegations" and "suspicions" do you think it's right that he resigned from his position on the Board of Directors and now the Navy has revoked the honor they bestowed upon him when there is no real proof?
I agree innocent till proven guilty, but in his case accusers take a number and get in line, there are so dam many and more coming out every day

I haven't read enough about all of the allegations to even form an opinion. I always liked the man, thought he was funny and sincere. I'm dreading hearing about any more "celebrities" I grew up watching being accused of this. They're all adult women who have accused him, right? So far anyway. Really makes you wonder how many monsters there are on tv, hiding in plain sight...

I haven't read enough about all of the allegations to even form an opinion. I always liked the man, thought he was funny and sincere. I'm dreading hearing about any more "celebrities" I grew up watching being accused of this. They're all adult women who have accused him, right? So far anyway. Really makes you wonder how many monsters there are on tv, hiding in plain sight...
A woman named Judy Huth has said he molested her when she was 15 in 1974. I'm not sure how to post a link or I would for you. Little help someone :)

I hate that it takes so long for this stuff to become public knowledge. These fuckers have been getting away with it for years, living like royalty while their victims suffer in silence. Ty for the info.

I would like to think that someone is innocent until proven guilty, BUT let's face it in the court of public opinion your guilty until proven innocent...

I would like to think Bill Cosby is innocent, but when that many women accuse him of sexual assault it is hard to think he is innocent. Just my $.02

I agree that the number of women now coming forward makes it hard to continue to consider him innocent, without a doubt I agree with that. But I will add that the civil lawsuits being filed sit wrong with me especially while potential criminal charges are still pending.

I'm not saying that filing a civil lawasuit makes them liars rather just that it doesn't sit well with me at this early of a stage in an investigation. I understand that the crimes are said to happened decades and decades ago but they are just being investigated now and I don't like civil lawsuits being filed while the police are still trying to investigate. It complicates things, a lot.

Personally I'm a believer of people actually earning their titles, and think all the honorary degrees and titles being thrown around are utter BS. It's ridiculous to give someone a title they haven't earn just because they look good on the big screen.

With that thought in mind, Cobsy was given something he never rightfully earned, it was given 51 years after he was discharged, they shouldn't have to wait for a trial to revoke it.

honorary degrees

I agree about degrees. Makes me sick to see celebrities with their "Masters from Yale" when they never even went there!

This whole thing with Cosby though just got me thinking about how powerful the media really is and is it responsible reporting when you're basically ruining a persons life based off allegations.

I agree about degrees. Makes me sick to see celebrities with their "Masters from Yale" when they never even went there!

This whole thing with Cosby though just got me thinking about how powerful the media really is and is it responsible reporting when you're basically ruining a persons life based off allegations.
Women are coming out everyday saying Cosby abused them , is the media to ignore it?
It's not like they took one women's word for it and ran with it, they are printing new allegations from deferent woman coming out every day, I don't think much of the media, but in this case they are just reporting events as they happen

Timing was pretty weird when the first allegation from a secretary (?) came out several yrs back. Kinda around the time he was making his political views widely known. Not suggesting, ijs.

I stand with the survivors of sexual abuse. It is incredibly HARD for a woman or man to admit she/he was raped. I have never told the entire story of my bio untin pimping me out starting when I was 11. I will go to my death with it inside me. Nothing, absolutely nothing could make me say it out loud. The guilt and shame is so awful you try to forget about it, minimize it and, worst of all,fool yourself into thinking it was your fault.

I will believe them unless it is proved he didn't. A well-loved and famous man has enormous power to make or break careers.

every day a new accuser

Bill Cosby Drugged Me. This Is My Story.
Fashion Icon Beverly Johnson Says Bill Cosby Drugged Her

Now let me explain this: I was a top model during the 70s, a period when drugs flowed at parties and photo shoots like bottled water at a health spa. I’d had my fun and experimented with my fair share of mood enhancers. I knew by the second sip of the drink Cosby had given me that I’d been drugged—and drugged good.
He was the first African American to star in a dramatic television series, I Spy, a show my family in Buffalo, New York, always watched. Cosby cut a striking figure on-screen then. He was funny, smart, and even elegant—all those wonderful things many white Americans didn’t associate with people of color. In fact, as I thought of going public with what follows, a voice in my head kept whispering, “Black men have enough enemies out there already, they certainly don’t need someone like you, an African American with a familiar face and a famous name, fanning the flames.”

Imagine my joy in the mid-80s when an agent called to say Bill Cosby wanted me to audition for a role on the The Cosby Show.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...-johnson-bill-cosby-drugged/story?id=27552671

I don't even know how many accusers he has now. I think it was up to twelve when I last read about the situation. Personally, I think it's pretty abhorrent to falsely accuse someone of sexual/violent crimes. I would like to believe they're telling the truth. I do not understand the mentality behind women who choose to go this route, however -- jumping on the bandwagon many years after the fact. I've never been drugged and raped, but I've lived through some pretty traumatic shit...and I didn't let it fester.

I know, I know, "culture of silence" and all that jazz. I've heard feminist* harpies screeching for years. I know the counterargument. I'm just saying, not all women live in silence. We need to stop believing we do. We're not voiceless victims. I have not spent much time in psychiatry, only the bare necessities. My supervisor specialized in post-traumatic stress disorder, specifically the effects of traumatic brain injuries resulting from physically or sexually abusive relationships. In the grander scheme of things I noticed most of the patients were in fact women at the various psychiatric hospitals and hospital wards I visited. Actually, a vast majority. Overall, us ladies don't live in silence. We need to stop thinking we do. I honestly feel mental health stigma is largely a man's world.

Now, I do not wish to undermine the authenticity of the accusations. I feel with dozens of accusations coming out of the woodwork now, surely we should have heard something decades ago. I was born in '84 and started watching sitcoms in the late '90s. I would like to think during my teenage/younger 20s that I was "in-the-know" regarding pop culture. I caught the tail-end of Seinfeld, Mad About You...I had a HUGE crush on Tim Daly in Wings (yeah, yeah, yeah, daddy issues). Bill Cosby had some show in the late '90s but was it acclaimed? Did people even watch it? Was it even broadcast in Canada or France? I have no idea. Never saw an episode. Bill Cosby hasn't been relevant my entire life. I'm 30. So...my point is...why have these accusations exploded in 2014? Is it only now that wave we progressed to a point where we're willing to publicly discuss and acknowledge sexual assault?

*I consider myself a feminist. But not of the left-wing fringe assortment. I'm all about substantive equality and firm equalization. I've been subjected to brutal sexism in the medical world.

I'm not at all surprised by the wave of accusations coming at once. By all accounts, some women did speak out about before, but were quickly hushed and ignored. It was known enough that a male comedian finally made a joke about it, which then led to a lot of media reports, a lot of media attention, then more women coming forward.

The same phenomenon happened here when the Jimmy Saville case broke. The celebrity culture at the time protected him, and his victims quietly buried their pain. When he died, someone came forward, then victims were faced with seeing him all over the news again, articles where people defended him, and were reassured that someone else had spoken out, so they braved it too.

Personally, I think it's pretty abhorrent to falsely accuse someone of sexual/violent crimes. I would like to believe they're telling the truth. I do not understand the mentality behind women who choose to go this route, however -- jumping on the bandwagon many years after the fact.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit suspicious of people who wait so long to report sexual abuse. It just seems too 'easy' (not saying reporting abuse is ever easy) for me, and everyone just believes them on their word alone.
I hope there is a thorough investigation and if the accusations are legit, he needs to face them in court.

This is classic in rape survivors, and a reason serial rapists get away. The things a victim(not yet all the way to survivor) has to go thru if she reports.

This is a beloved actor and comedian; you're an aspiring actress or something else. This man offers or suggests that he can help your career; let's have a drink and I'll introduce you to people who can help; I'll make a few calls. Because you are ambitious, because you want that break; you go. He drugs and rapes you. You leave, go home. Who the fuck CAN you tell? Who's going to believe a woman trying to break into the business, who vountarily goes to his house? Nope, you are trying to blackmail him.

You keep quiet. And so does the next victim, and the next, and the next. Who the fuck is going to believe y'all over BILL COSBY...and his money, popularity and influence? He is one of the most beloved figures in the business.

Then ONE woman speaks up and WON'T shut up, or bow to attacks. Other victims hear this and come forward because one brave woman wouldn't be silent and wouldn't be shamed! THEN they became survivors.

Last edited by a moderator:
We try people in the court of public opinion everyday here.
A conviction isn't required for us to dole out our judgements.
Why should it be any different anywhere else?
People are people. Whether here or running the Navy.

I know Dr. Phil's about as popular as an ice water enema, but did anyone else happen to catch his show on Friday interviewing 7 of the 24 women Bill Cosby allegedly drugged and raped? A couple of pretty big names were shown via vid clips, and a few of them in the modeling and Playboy bunny world seemed pretty credible...(?)

Gloria Allred put out a public challenge to him, since he's been nearly silent thus far, to go in front of the Court and tell the judge he wants to waive the statute of limitations on rape and sexual assault, and have a jury hear both sides of the criminal case and determine his guilt or innocence. Love her or hate her, the lady's got balls. Smart business woman, too...

Last edited:
She's an attention whore. I despise her. She's as bad as Nancy Grace to me.

Oh cripes, don't get me started on that bitch, Nancy. *maniacal laughter* I'd love to have both of those bitches in a windowless room for five minutes. It'd take the janitorial staff all day just to get their faces peeled off the walls, lol! *POW!*

I worked at an organization that was then called United Against Sexual Assault. The job included everything from taking calls from survivors - women and men - to going with them to the hospital, police, court.
I believe that Cosby now has about 30 accusers. Are they all lying? No, of course not.
Not only am I a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, but several years ago I was molested by a well known, well respected doctor. I told no one. Who would believe me? At the time I felt no one.

As to Nancy Grace. I fantasize about using her photo for target practice.

Janice Dickinson did an interview with Howard Stern in 2006 where she said she wasn't allowed to mention Bill Cosby in her tell-all book. Howard kept asking if she'd had sex with him, and all she would say was that Bill Cosby preyed on vulnerable women and wasn't a nice man.
She didn't mention rape, but it did sound like she thought he'd taken advantage of her. I have to admit, I didn't believe a word she said before I listened to the interview. I think that's just because of her affect though. A lot of the other women appear very credible to me, but who knows?

Richard Pryor's Widow Calls Bill Cosby "A piece of shit" that "fucked everything that moved"
'Many in Hollywood Knew Cosby Was A Horn Dog"

"Richard Pryor's widow has torched embattled comic Bill Cosby, calling him a "piece of s--t" who "f----d everything that moved."

Speaking on the podcast "Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend," Jennifer Lee Pryor skewered Cosby as "a hypocrite" over allegations he drugged and assaulted dozens of women, recalling how the once-iconic comedian looked down on her husband for using profanity in his act.

"Richard was dirty on the outside, but he was a good person on the inside," Pryor said. Her comments were reported by Jezebel.

"Bill … hated Richard because he 'worked dirty.' Bill worked clean, so therefore, you know-Bill's just a f-----g hypocrite and dirty on the inside," she said.

Pryor added that, during Cosby's decades-long heyday, many in Hollywood knew he was a horn dog...."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...9?ref=Outbrain&ADLocation=footer&ADPosition=2

Posted on Friday, June 26, 2015

Cosby lawyer: Unsealing court docs 'terribly embarrassing'
PHILADELPHIA -- A lawyer for Bill Cosby argued Friday that it would be "terribly embarrassing" for the comedian if documents from a 2005 sex-assault lawsuit were unsealed.

Cosby is fighting efforts by The Associated Press to unseal motions from a lawsuit he settled with a former Temple University employee.

The lawsuit accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting the woman at Cosby's home. The settlement is confidential.

Cosby's lawyer argued that his client's deposition could reveal details of Cosby's marriage, sex life and prescription drug use.

"It would be terribly embarrassing for this material to come out," lawyer George M. Gowen III argued.

He said the public should not have access to what Cosby was forced to say as he answered questions under oath from the accuser's lawyer nearly a decade ago.

"Frankly, ... it would embarrass him, (and) it would also prejudice him in eyes of the jury pool in Massachusetts," Gowen said.

More than a dozen women have since accused Cosby of sexually assaulting them, and three have a defamation lawsuit pending against him in Massachusetts. They allege that he defamed them when his agents said their accusations were untrue. Cosby is trying to get their case thrown out before discovery. He has never been charged with any related crimes.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno asked Friday why Cosby would be embarrassed by the release of his sworn testimony, given that the accusations in the Temple woman's lawsuit are already in the public eye.

"Why would he be embarrassed by his own version of the facts?" Robreno asked.

The lawyers also argued over whether Cosby was a public figure entitled to a lesser degree of privacy.

Lawyer Gayle Sproul, representing the AP, called him "an icon" particularly in Philadelphia, who "held himself out as someone who would guide the public in ways of morality."

Robreno never decided whether the motions should be permanently sealed because the case settled. Under local court rules, Cosby has the burden to show why seals should not be lifted after two years, the AP argued.

The judge did not indicate when he would rule. He could side with Cosby, with the AP, or strike a middle ground and release some of the documents, perhaps with redactions negotiated between Cosby and a lawyer for the ex-Temple employee, Andrea Constand.

"Every case about sex and drugs involves a certain amount of embarrassment," Robreno noted.

This is a case where the navy revoking his title makes sense on there part and is consistent with how the do business. In the navy appearance and presumption in a situation is enough to assume at least some guilt is there. They approach things this way all the time. There was a case tgat came up while I was in the navy where a guy took a drunk woman back to her room before she could be harmed. She awoke the next day having no memory of how she got to her room and assumed and accused the guy who took her back to her room of sexual assault. The navy was ready to prosecute him based on the accusation alone with no other proof. Only when the hotel at the last second turned up video of him taking her to her room and immediately leaving was he cleared. In the nacy if it looks like something is wrong, there has to be. Thats why they didn't wait for Cosby to be prosecuted first. Also the navy in general has had sexual assault issues for a few years no that has been a PR disaster, they want no association with any celeb linked to rape at all.

Back