• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
Reading this is pathetic and creepy.
My friend Eva, who has accompanied me to a buffet of odd events, is giving me her feedback on the people we’ve encountered there. “I don’t know what it is, but I’ve noticed that if there’s an event with nakedness, the majority of people who turn up will be older guys.”
As a journalist writing about weird workshops and unusual classes I’ve covered cuddle parties, rope-binding, naked yoga, and tantra, to name but a few.[...] And with each event I cover, I become more suspicious that these “alternative” workshops are simply a way for apparently progressive men to gawp at women—lap dancing clubs for the woke.
On the surface, these workshops are all above-board. After all, what could be creepy about a fully-clothed cuddle? Don’t we all need some affection? What could be impure about practising yoga as nature intended? Surely we could all benefit from taking part in such innocuous activities? But in reality, these workshops predominantly appeal to men who attend in the hope of touching women, staring at naked women, and—best case scenario—touching naked women.
These men are often older, usually single, left-leaning middle-class guys who sometimes sport a man-bun and a big, bushy beard—lubricated with artisan beard-oil—along with loose cotton trousers. They’re the kind of guys who performatively check their privilege, and who take it upon themselves to supervise the privilege-checking of others. They think of themselves as progressive or woke—most certainly nice. But these men are not that different to the guys who go to a strip club and pay £20 for women to grind their butts in their faces. It might seem like a stretch, but having carried out an undercover investigation into the lap dancing industry, I think the biggest difference is that paying for a lap dance is a more honest transaction.
Much more at the link

This is 100% correct. I had a girlfriend who was into kink and belonged to a couple of BDSM groups, which she introduced me to. I discovered it was common for groups to discourage (or even out-right ban) single guys from coming, couples (or more) only, for the reason stated in the article above. Single guys going to these things are, more often than not, just creeps. These losers wear the label "progressive" as a disguise just to perv and maybe get laid.

Wow how incredibly disgustingly sexist. THis article makes me fucking sick.

It's stupid too. Idiotic AND sexist. I mean of course the majority of folks into this sort of weird fetishistic, naked, sexual shit is going to be male. That should be expected. Why then are people acting like men dont belong or shouldnt participate or that theyre all creepy scumbags?

If an older woman showedup, is she a creep too?

Why then are people acting like men dont belong or shouldnt participate or that theyre all creepy scumbags?

If an older woman showed up, is she a creep too?
If you mean did older women attend just to gawk and hopefully touch women, of course a few attendees would also be put off if it happened. But that's a tiny demographic of that type of attendee. It would not become so noticeable that the organizers would lose the type of paying customer they really need as members: women willing to pay for pseudo spiritual fads.
If an older woman showed up and touched a man, he would be pleased. Then the complaint would be: they are using this event to find dates, not absorb the soul enriching benefits of whatever hogwash is for sale.

Of course, it is laughable that any organizer thinks a man will attend naked yoga without the #1 goal of looking at naked women. The naivety of the organizers of these events: didn't they realize that this is exactly what would happen from the very start?

Most men who go to normal yoga do it to stare at asses, unless theyre homosexuals of course(which is prob about 85% at least of men who do yoga

These men are often older, usually single, left-leaning middle-class guys who sometimes sport a man-bun and a big, bushy beard—lubricated with artisan beard-oil—along with loose cotton trousers.

Hmmmmm sounds familiar (except he's not single)......

£20 (~$25US) "for women to grind their butts in their faces"

Man, I gotta move there. Most places around here charge that much just to walk in the door!

Back