• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother and her two daughters are still reeling from a terrifying ordeal in which a man broke into their Corona home, took off all his clothes, and tried to use a hammer to smash through a wall to reach the room where they had barricaded themselves.

Police arrested 43-year-old Jason Nelson, a neighbor, after he allegedly broke into the home around 5 a.m. Saturday.

Rachel Bollin said she was home with her two daughters, while her husband was away on business, when she heard a loud smash and thought her dogs were getting into trouble.

Then she heard a man's voice say, "Call 911. I'm in your home."

He used a child's scooter to break a rear sliding glass door, Bollin said, then went to the garage, removed all his clothes, and got a hammer before making his way up the stairs to the bedrooms.

At that point, Bollin said she called 911 as she barricaded herself and her twin daughters in a bedroom across from the master bedroom.

Bollin said she was screaming out the window for help, speaking to the 911 dispatcher on the phone, and trying to protect her children at the same time.

The man then moved to the master closet and began smashing through a wall with the hammer, almost breaking through to the adjoining room to reach Bollin and her daughters.

Police arrived within minutes and arrested the intruder.

However, much to Bollin's shock and anger, she said, he was released on bail four hours later.

Corona Police Sgt. Chad Fountain said Nelson was booked on suspicion of residential burglary and being under the influence of a controlled substance.

Last edited:
suspicion of residential burglary
Why suspicion? They legit have video of him smashing the patio window in. They found him inside a house he didnt own.

I'd feel so utterly betrayed by the police and justice system if I was this poor woman. He didnt even have to bond out...

Corona police Sgt. Chad Fountain told City News Service that Nelson was issued a citation to appear in court in the next 60 days and then released from custody, without a bond requirement.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...truder-terror-family-barricade-510785631.html

They legit have video of him smashing the patio window in. They found him inside a house he didnt own.
That is fucking insane to let him go on bond so easily. . Even in my super liberal county, the laws would not release him. And it's state laws, not county regs. And, maybe it's because I live close to the highway (but still several miles from the sub-station) but when I was in trouble, SEVEN sheriff units were here within a few minutes with shotguns, and they hauled that POS away on $100K bond.
WTF

Last edited:
I took a gun safety course once. I asked about my liability if I shot an intruder. The NRA instructor said the cops would probably shake my hand instead.
Of course, it completely depends on state law. But in a "stand your ground" state, it's pretty cut-and-dried.

About ten years ago, a guy that I know professionally got caught molesting his girlfriend's 13-year-old daughter... caught by his girlfriend. There was a fight and he ended up shooting her to death. He immediately called his Dad and told him, in essence, I really fucked up and I've got to get out of town. A few minutes later he was gutshot. He was dead by the time the cops got there.

It was immediately judged to be a suicide. There was no investigation to speak of. I didn't buy it.

Cop 101: you always assume it's homicide until you can prove it's a suicide. You don't just accept that it's a suicide just because it looks like it. This was a big city with a solid police force that handles plenty of murders. They don't do slipshod shit like that normally.

And who the fuck commits suicide by shooting themself in the gut? Nobody.

And I knew the guy, he was the kind of rat that would have run. Way too keen on himself to commit suicide over a murder, or anything else.

And his last words to his dad were about "flight," not "fight."

Didn't buy it, don't buy it. I think the daughter shot him and the cops completely looked the other way. And I'm not mad at them.

I couldn't live there anymore, not with children to protect. His release is obscene.
Something similar to this is how I ended up in Minnesota for 13 years.

I never slept one more night in my home. Called the movers and a realtor. My house sold in 45 minutes to another agent in the office and my life changed.

Last edited:
Back