• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Passaic County woman was attacked and knocked unconscious after complaining to a school vice principal about three students who threatened her son and told him “to go back to Mexico,” the woman’s attorney said Tuesday.

Beronica Ruiz, 35, was attacked June 19 as she pushed a stroller with her 1-year-old baby inside and her 12-year-old son walking with her, according to her attorney, Daniel Santiago of Clifton.

“This was a horrific and brutal attack,” Santiago told NJ Advance Media. “It takes a certain level of insanity to brutally attack a mother with a stroller and leave her for dead.”

The woman was hospitalized for two days after a 13-year-old student – one of three who had been taunting her son – “essentially jumped my client,” Santiago said.

She suffered a fractured eye socket, bruises and a bloodied eye that remained red for days.

The day before the attack, Ruiz’s son endured taunts in the cafeteria according to the attorney.

“They were chanting, ‘Mexicans should go back behind the wall,’” Santiago said. When the boy countered, “We all come from immigrants,” the bullies threatened violence, Santiago said.

When the boy reported the incident to school officials, they sequestered him for the remainder of the day, either in an office or classroom, Santiago said.

But nobody called the child’s parents, he said. When the boy went home that afternoon, he told his mother about the threats and said he was afraid to go back to school.

The mother then went to the school and complained to a vice principal and demanded to know why school officials had not informed her about the threats of violence, Santiago said.

The vice principal admitted to the mother that he should have called them but that he had become busy with other matters, Santiago said.

“That’s a woefully inadequate response,” Santiago said. “'My bad’ is not a good excuse for not calling (the parents), not telling them.”

To make matters worse, school officials did not immediately discipline the attacker. Instead, they told the mother that the attacker “had just as much right to an education as her son,” Santiago said.

It was only after the boy’s father, Alfonso Vasquez, contacted Passaic Mayor Hector Lora that the teen bully was suspended, Santiago said.

The attorney said he plans to file suit against the school on behalf of the family, saying “lawsuits are the only thing that large institutions listen to.”

I don't know he could sue the mother of the little thug that jumped her- but there is no money in that.

The day before the attack, Ruiz’s son endured taunts in the cafeteria according to the attorney.

“They were chanting, ‘Mexicans should go back behind the wall,’” Santiago said. When the boy countered, “We all come from immigrants,” the bullies threatened violence, Santiago said.

We can thank our most embarrassing president in history for encouraging this behavior. God I miss Obama.

Those aren't bullies; they're thugs and they shouldn't be allowed to terrorize the school. Have they been arrested yet for the assault, because they belong in jail. Regardless of what happens in this incident, they're future inmates for sure.

A 13-year-old Passaic middle school student has been arrested and charged with the assault of a classmate and his mother as they walked home after school, the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office said.
The juvenile suspect was charged with one count each of aggravated assault and simple assault, and he was released to his parents pending an appearance in family court, the Prosecutor's Office said.

The attacker is a punk and needs an ass kicking. Hope he gets it in juvie.
The school did fail to follow up on this matter, and now they will pay for that.
The mother has no insurance but I'm sure the medical bills will get paid for her and then some. Sure hope the son is doing ok with all this stress, and gets into another school without being bullied.

Ruiz’s attorney, Daniel Santiago, told NJ.com that her 13-year-old son had been bullied by the teen and two other students, who targeted him because his parents are Mexican.

“They were chanting, ‘Mexicans should go back behind the wall,’” Santiago said, adding that when the boy countered by saying “we all come from immigrants,” the teens threatened him with violence.

Santiago told ABC 7 News that the boy’s parents are in the US legally on work permits as they await green cards. The attacker was African-American, he said.

No one at the school told the child’s parents, Santiago said, and instead officials sequestered Ruiz’s son away from all other students for the remainder of the day.

“He pulled one of the teachers aside and said ‘I’m scared for my safety,’’ the lawyer toldThe Washington Post. “The teacher grabbed the attention of a security guard and they essentially sequestered my client’s son in a room for his own safety.”

The boy went home and told his parents he was afraid to go back to school, Santiago said.

When Ruiz went to the school to question the vice principal about why she was not alerted, he said he had been busy with other matters, Santiago said.

“That’s a woefully inadequate response,” Santiago told NJ.com. “’My bad’ is not a good excuse for not calling (the parents), not telling them.”

Instead of immediately disciplining the attacker, officials told Ruiz the teen “had just as much right to an education as her son,” the attorney added.

It was only after the boy’s father, Alfonso Vaszquez, contacted Passaic Mayor Hector Lora that the attacker was suspended by the school, he explained.

Ruiz suffered a concussion, a fractured eye socket, bruises, and a bloodied eye in the attack, NJ.com reported. She spent two days at the hospital.

“This was a horrific and brutal attack,” Santiago told the outlet. “It takes a certain level of insanity to brutally attack a mother with a stroller and leave her for dead.”

“This was a brutal hate crime, and it was committed by a 13-year-old,” he told The Post. “I don’t know what circumstances could give rise to a 13-year-old boy having such hate in his heart that he would commit this brutal attack and leave a woman essentially to die in front of her children without any remorse or any twinge of conscience.”

“She went down hard,” Mayor Lora told The Record, adding that the mother did not have health insurance.

Santiago told NJ.com he plans to file a lawsuit against the school because “lawsuits are the only thing that large institutions listen to.”

Santiago said the suit would accuse the school of negligence in not contacting the family sooner and not following proper protocols.

“We’re just talking about respect, just treat people with respect,” Santiago told ABC 7. “They deserve it. Not because of who or what they are, but because they’re human beings. And humanity has to be better.”

“The school failed. They told me that my son would be safe,” the boy’s father, Alfonso Vasquez, told The Record.

I know they are going after the deep pockets but they should sue the parents of the 13-year-old attacker.

Last edited:
Why do they always sequester the victim instead of the bully? Yes the bully does deserve an education as much as the person they were attacking but then they put the victim in a room by themselves so they are not getting their education, does that make sense to anyone? I hate a bully with the heat of a million suns, I think I've mentioned that before. :smuggrin: :banghead:

Latest posts

Back