• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

Two teachers from Iowa were found dead in an apparent drowning in a swimming pool, officials said.

Police discovered the bodies of Kenneth Anderson, 57, and Mark Anderson, 60, in a backyard pool Monday evening at a Davenport home, news station WQAD reported. The men are not related.

Anderson was a social studies teacher at Bellevue High School, while Anderson taught science at North Scott High School before retiring in 2014 and becoming a substitute teacher, according to the Muscatine Journal.

The men had been housesitting for the property owner who hadn’t heard from them for 24 hours and notified police, news station WXMI reported.

Authorities said they’re “following up” on the case, though they have ruled the deaths as accidental drownings, the Muscatine Journal reported.

Neighbors said they were shocked by the news.

“Even if you slipped and fell and hit your head that would be one person,” local shop owner Cindy Denike told WXMI.

“But is it likely two people would do that? I don’t know – it’s odd.”

Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/two-iowa-teachers-found-dead-in-swimming-pool/

They brothers? Husbands?
I'm thinking it's pretty obvious they were long term relationship partners. Anderson is a super common name in the Midwest, but they could be married too. Anyone want to look up the Iowa marriage registry? :p
You don't just randomly decide to house sit with your platonic male buddy, especially if you're a small-town old white guy. I mean, I guess it's possible, but gay just seems a lot more likely.

Here's my theory. The two guys decide to get drunk on their friend's expensive liquor and indulge themselves with a swim in the luxurious backyard pool. Guy #1 goes into the deep end, can't swim right, #2 goes to save him, #1 pulls #2 down in panic as drunk drowning people are wont to do, they both drown.

Mark Anderson and Kenneth Anderson Jr. — the two are not related — were discovered by an acquaintance who saw their bodies when he went to the house at 1125 Jersey Ridge Road on Monday evening, police said.

Bladel wouldn't say if Kenneth Anderson, 57, or Mark Anderson, 60, had any signs of physical trauma. He said if the autopsies show the deaths were not accidental or by drowning, police will provide a public update. If not, the case will be closed.

That's a thing!? Well, I'm never swimming again
Well, crap!
It does seem like both of these incidents could have been avoided (don't blindly trust electrical work in 3rd world countries, don't let your kids swim in pools with electrical components that are "under repair") but still freaky!!!

Here's my theory. The two guys decide to get drunk on their friend's expensive liquor and indulge themselves with a swim in the luxurious backyard pool. Guy #1 goes into the deep end, can't swim right, #2 goes to save him, #1 pulls #2 down in panic as drunk drowning people are wont to do, they both drown.
I'm thinking one was drowning and the other was trying to save him while the drowner was flailing and they both end up dead. Idk tho
You guys called it!

Back