• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"One minute, she was standing on the porch of an Edmonds home. Two hours later, she woke up in a field near a gas station 2 miles away. She was barefoot and her body was covered in cuts and scrapes.

And no one knows what happened to her.

Edmonds police are asking for help from the public to solve the mystery. On July 14, a 28-year-old Shoreline woman was visiting her fiance's parents at a home along Bowdoin way in Edmonds. Her fiance saw her step out onto the porch around 12:20 a.m. When he went back a few minutes later, she was gone.

The woman woke up around 2 a.m. in a field near a gas station along Edmonds Way. A man and a woman who stopped for fuel saw the woman and called police."

"Lost time" is a scary thing, and can be a symptom of PTSD. Once upon a time (2013) I was witness to, had to participate in, some very traumatic experiences in a very short window of time. In the course of less than a month there were three suicide attempts in which I was the first responder or one of the first to arrive, and two car accidents, one of which left me briefly hospitalized. Add to that a Special Needs child, a toddler, and being the sex offender counselor in a juvenile prison...

I was losing time and didn't know it. I remember driving to work. I left my home, I arrived at work - two hours late. Several times. No one noticed my lateness, including me, because I usually went straight to my office, alone, and didn't see anyone until after lunch. I don't know where I was during those missing hours, four or five times according to CCTV logs we eventually viewed of my coming in.

I remember leaving home. I remember driving. I remember coming into work. I remember feeling normal, but "foggy." I don't know where I was in between. Apparently driving, according to my odometer. Driving for hours. But where? I ended up at work every day, as if nothing was wrong.

That time is just lost. It doesn't exist. It's like someone put my brain on pause. It's scary.

Back