• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
A mother suspected of killing herself and her four children in a fiery crash was visited by child safety officers months before the tragedy.

Charmaine Harris McLeod, 35, died after her Nissan station wagon smashed into a truck on Monday.

Her four children Aaleyn, six, Matilda, five, Wyatt, four, and Zaidok, two, were also killed and the incident is being investigated as a murder-suicide.

According to a Facebook post by Ms McLeod in December, seen by the Courier Mail, the Department of Child Safety had been investigating her family and their welfare.

She spoke of suffering 'significant mental health issues' and said that 'Child Safety are involved.'

'We feel alone and lost,' she wrote in the post. 'Life is hard, really hard… I'm struggling to even trust God.'

Ms McLeod posted comments in online support groups about troubles in her life.

On one occasion, she wrote about about feeling 'lost and alone', while in another post she replied to a question about items she would rescue from a burning house.

'My children can't be replaced, so I would rescue my children first,' she wrote.

Her Facebook profile image comprises of a picture of herself next to a short message that said she carried 'a lot of responsibility'.

Back