• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I also suspect the husband for 5 seconds. There is just NO WAY he could have done it, dumped a corpse and then gotten her car all they way down in Miami.
The oldest girl was 7 at the time and questioned about daddy's whereabouts.

For those of us who don't know the case, what were the circumstances?

I wouldn't ask, but maybe telling us will help you prepare for the cold-case detective..... :stupido3:

Amazon, I read the link you posted. Is there anything else you could tell us about the case? It's great they are making progress.

idk what else to say.
it was raining that day, so i've no doubt she'd have accepted a ride.
i'm fairly sure she is dead. it's just a matter of finding her body. she has 3 children, 2 of which Guy has. I think her ex-husband has the boy. She loves her children, so she wouldn't have gone 8 years without contacting them.
There WAS a problem at work, that's how I knew her, from work, but of course I don't expect anyone there of murder.
i myself drove down to where her car was found. there's some woods there, but someone would have found something by now if there was anything to be found.
worse, i went to an abandoned campground (closed, rather) and found half of the bottom of a cow jaw. Normally a very cool find, but not when you are looking for a missing person. (Yeah, I still have the bone.)

it was raining that day, so i've no doubt she'd have accepted a ride.

In what way was the car damaged? Do you know?

I cannot help but wonder whether she would have been happy taking a lift from someone who ran into her car on purpose..... I guess it would have depended on whether she realised that that was what they did or not?

Sorry to know her children are growing up without her. :dong:

It was dented on the drivers side.
Down here the marshy areas get really wet so I have no doubt she got stuck with spinning wheels trying to get out.
Could very well be that someone slammed on the brakes so she would hit them, but I don't think so in this case.

Wow. This was a blast for my mind. To see this thread.
No. No update. Her husband had her declared deceased, no other contact with her.
She must be dead. Seriously. I keep looking at new Jane Does. Nothing.

Her husband did not have her declared dead. After a legal amount of years the state of Florida claims such missing persons as dead. They claimed her dead around the same time they DNA tested her daughters. Which is partly why they DNA tested her. To prove her daughters are rightfully hers and to determine them fit enough to claim S.S.

Cry Freedom, Cry From A Crowd Ten Thousand Wide.

The Future Is No Place To Put Our Better Days.
[doublepost=1486349018,1486346930][/doublepost]

.... just sticking it here

Last edited:
Her husband did not have her declared dead. After a legal amount of years the state of Florida claims such missing persons as dead. They claimed her dead around the same time they DNA tested her daughters. Which is partly why they DNA tested her. To prove her daughters are rightfully hers and to determine them fit enough to claim S.S.
I'm sorry for your loss and the unanswered questions you probably have concerning your mother and the lack of closure.

She wasn't claimed dead. By any family members. The state declared her dead. I meant they claimed her i.e. the state. Trust me I know how long she has been missing. I am her seventeen year old daughter.
Oh, my sweet. Last time I saw you I gave your father cookies to give to you and your sister.
I have often thought about you both. Sometimes I look to see if Guy has a Facebook page.
I swear I have not forgotten Terry.
I hope it's not painful to read that I still look at unidentified remains. Hoping I never find a match, yet hoping I do. You know?
Terry and another case is pretty much why I have gotten so involved with missing persons.
I remember driving to where her car was found. Dropping her Missing poster wherever I could.
We WILL find her. I just hope the outcome is good.
How ARE you and your sister? Healthy? Happy? How is Guy?
Only answer what you're comfortable with. You needn't tell me anything you don't want to talk about.
[doublepost=1486734594,1486734279][/doublepost]@lithiumgirl, for awhile I tried tracking unsolved murders and missing persons.
There's just nothing to tie Terry to other cases. Not that I can see.

She has been found. Although it was her remains . The family now has closure and an understanding of what happened . It was a matter of Devine intervention from God and prayers . Thankful for the detectives on the case that never gave up!! Just a matter of time!!

Jack Burton, your the idiot, they found her remains 200 yards deeper in the marsh where her car crashed was disoriented and lost her way and drowned . No foul play, her skeleton remains were found by accident by swamp survey crew, clothes, shoes and jewelry were found in same spot. She had been found in 2009 but daughters dna wasn’t taken till long after only to match missing persons possibilities later on in 2016. I know this you idiot cause she is my sister!!! Update that !!!!
Post automatically merged:

was she found in the water? more than a couple of cases [and in one a friend of mines relative] were found in the canals like that
Yes ,her remains were found 200 yards deeper in swamp where car crashed, everything she was wearing was found with her

Last edited:
Jack Burton, your the idiot, they found her remains 200 yards deeper in the marsh where her car crashed was disoriented and lost her way and drowned . No foul play, her skeleton remains were found by accident by swamp survey crew, clothes, shoes and jewelry were found in same spot. She had been found in 2009 but daughters dna wasn’t taken till long after only to match missing persons possibilities later on in 2016. I know this you idiot cause she is my sister!!! Update that !!!!
Post automatically merged:

Yes ,her remains were found 200 yards deeper in swamp where car crashed, everything she was wearing was found with her

I dont give a shit about your family history. If you had bothered to provide these details in the first place, there'd be no questions.

You're pissed because someone dared to express an interest in the story of what happened to your loved one? What sense does that make? If you want to lash out at anyone and everyone for expressing such interests in these news stories, perhaps you shouldnt go around sharing tidibts of info at all?

Fucking genius.

Back