• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
This movie was based on the graphic novel by John "Derf" Backderf, who was actually a "friend" of Jeffrey Dahmer in High School. The film takes place freshman-senior year and ends hours before Dahmer commits his first murder (3 weeks after graduation). The movie was filmed in the actual town and even in the actual house where he grew up/lived/killed.

I had been excited to see this movie for a while. Not only was it filmed in real locations it was written by someone who was there. We've all seen plenty of movies and documentary's about his murders and cannibal acts, but this film was different. It covered the four years that turned and awkward freshman, to a semi popular kid, and then his descent into the depraved serial killer we've all read about. He obviously had issues to begin with but it was tough to see how often he was close to escaping the dark areas of his life but was constantly failed by his "friends" and family. I was a little unsure the acting was going to be because the lead was played by the kid that was Austin in Disney's Austin and Ally (I've got 3 kids so I've seen a few) but he really really good job. There were appearances by Vincent Kartheiser and Anne Heche that I wasn't expecting. Just over all a very solid movie!

8.5/10

Thanks for the review. I thought this looked interesting, and now I will see it for sure.

"I SHOULD HAVE GONE TO COLLEGE AND GONE INTO REAL ESTATE AND GOT MYSELF AN AQUARIUM. THAT'S WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE." Jefferey Dahmer

Meh, really nothing that interesting about sociopaths, primarily because if youve read up on one, youve essentially read up on all of em.

Movie looks dumb.

it was stupid, just a bunch of BS. It’s not like it showed him “doing anything”

I thought that was the point of the movie... that it showed him when he was young, before he "did anything". I thought it stopped just before his first kill.

I want to watch it ... I want to see what he was like before his fantasy life got bigger than his real life.

Jeff is my favourite serial killer. He plead guilty ... was remorseful, had some insight.

He knew people wanted him dead, he knew it would be painful ... he served himself up anyway.

He said he wanted to die ... he didn't care. He knew people would be disappointed if he simply killed himself,

and that his death would have to be violent to atone for his crimes and he placed himself in a position for that to happen.

I think he is not your ordinary serial killer.

@JackBurton is wrong ... they're not all the same.

Jeff is my favourite serial killer. He plead guilty ... was remorseful, had some insight.

Even that isnt too rare. A lot of these scumbags speak out AFTER the fact in regards to how they wish things were different, wish they could have led normal lives, wish they hadnt caused so much pain.

You can bet your ass though that despite such comments, that even if such thoughts were legitimate, these stains still jerk off every night to memories of what they did to people.

He said he wanted to die ... he didn't care. He knew people would be disappointed if he simply killed himself,

Also quite common. Quite a few of these guys at least SAY they wish to die, dont want to fight thru appeals and whatnot if on DP.

I thought that was the point of the movie... that it showed him when he was young, before he "did anything". I thought it stopped just before his first kill.
Well it may have been the point of the movie to some but, it wasn’t to me wasn’t. I guess different views are why we are all here...

I haven't seen the movie, but it's based on a graphic novel by a former friend of his; the graphic novel runs from when he and Dahmer were about 12 to Dahmer's first murder after he graduated high school. It's not supposed to be a true crime biography, more like a memoir from his friend's perspective

You can bet your ass though that despite such comments, that even if such thoughts were legitimate, these stains still jerk off every night to memories of what they did to people./QUOTE]

Not Jeff ... he’s dead ... he put himself out there so he would be murdered.

Back