• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I couldn't find this one here either although I swear I remember it being here.

http://www.nj.com/atlantic/index.ss..._assaulting_6th-grade.html#incart_river_index
peschi.png

[....]
A municipal judge found Kimberley Peschi, 41, guilty of simple assault, a Northfield court administrator said.

Peschi, who taught music at Bellhaven Middle School in Linwood, used her leg to pull on a chair where a sixth-grade boy was rocking back and forth in the cafeteria, BreakingAC.com reported. The boy fell and hit his head on the floor.

The incident occurred in February 2017 and Peschi was initially suspended with pay from her job, where she collected a salary of $77,501 per year.

She was suspended without pay following a school board vote on April 12 of that year.

Peschi's employment future is unclear. Her attorney, Robert Agre, said his client will be sentenced once a court rules on prosecutors' motion to remove Peschi from her teaching position.

@Satanica
A grainy video at the center of a now-overturned conviction of a New Jersey middle school teacher for allegedly kicking a chair out from under a student was released to the public for the first time on Monday.

Kimberley Peschi, 42, of Galloway, was originally found guilty of simple assault after she was accused of pulling a 12-year-old student’s chair backwards at Belhaven Middle School in Linwood in 2017.

The sixth-grader, whom she was supervising during lunch in the cafeteria, had been leaning back in the chair when Peschi kicked the legs out from the chair, causing him to fall and hit his head on the floor.

In the video, which is less than 20 seconds long and blurred to conceal the faces of students, Peschi's contact with the boy is brief and hard to make out.

But following an appeal by Peschi, Superior Court Judge John Rauh overturned the guilty verdict on May 3 this year and took the order requiring her to forfeit her teaching license off the table.

Rauh said that, after looking at the video, Peschi’s claim that she was trying to stabilize the chair was 'plausible', according to The Press of Atlantic City.

'Given the brief period of the time the whole incident took place, I am not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant acted purposely, knowingly or recklessly with regard to the injury to the child,' Rauh said.

'She certainly intended to put her foot on that chair, but the state of mind has to go to the injury to the child.'

Peschi's lawyer, Robert Agre, said she was 'greatly relieved' by his Rauh's decision, adding that because she was found not guilty, the state cannot appeal it.

The mother of the now eighth-grader, Michele Tourigian, said she was 'disgusted and hurt' by the ruling.

'The video does not lie. She assaulted my son,' she said.

Peschi’s attorney, Robert Agre, expressed surprise that the video was released on Monday, saying it was under a confidentiality order by the municipal court, since it shows children.

'The consent order does not address release of even a redacted version of the security video,' Agre said Monday.

I would probably grab the chair with my hands, not kick it, if I was actually trying to keep it from tipping over. If she had done that, there probably wouldn't have been a question in the first place even though she would still be responsible. I'm not convinced at all that her kick was honorable.

Her foot went up over the top of the back of a chair. That is not a stabilizing move that is a move to bring it down. Whoever her representation was kudos to them for muddying the waters on this one.

I would like to take this moment however to point out that she looks amazing for her age and I think an appropriate punishment will be for her to have to engage in carnal activities of my choosing for 3 to 6 months. Following that time if she has not killed herself she should get her old job back for she has suffered enough

Back