• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

McQuest

A 65-year-old woman wanted in a 1968 slaying at a Denver bar was arrested Friday in Dayton, Ohio, where police say she had been living under an alias.

Denver police spokeswoman Sharon Avendano said Tina Louise Lester was arrested at her home on suspicion of first-degree murder. Lester is accused of fatally shooting 36-year-old Ronald E. Schlatter of the northern Colorado town of LaPorte.

Her arrest stemmed from the “oldest outstanding murder warrant obtained by the Denver Police Department,“ said Avendano.

Avendano said she didn’t know if Lester had an attorney. She had been living in Dayton under the name Agnes Ramey.

According to a Denver Post article from the time, Schlatter was playing pool at the Blue Chip Bar on Nov. 8, 1968, when he and Lester got into a scuffle. Lester, a Denver resident, allegedly pulled out a .22-caliber gun and shot Schlatter in the chest.

Witnesses told police Schlatter grabbed the gun and fired three shots at Lester as she fled. Schlatter then collapsed and died.

Avendano said “good police workâ€￾ and the use of new technologies led to Lester’s arrest.

“A determined police officer followed up on the case and was able to find her,“ she said. “How that was, I don’t know exactly.“

Police did not know how long Lester had been living in Dayton.

“There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done in the case,“ Avendano said.

Denver police were headed to Dayton to question Lester and possibly transport her back to Colorado, Jim Wahlrad of the U.S. Marshals Service told the Dayton Daily News.

Authorities in Montgomery County, Ohio, aided in the investigation.

no justice for Robert.

DENVER—A woman arrested last week in connection with a 1968 slaying at a Denver bar has been released from an Ohio jail for lack of evidence.

The Denver district attorney’s office says 65-year-old Tina Louise Lester was released from custody Thursday. It says available witnesses and evidence aren’t enough to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Lester was arrested in Dayton, Ohio, on a 1968 warrant in the shooting death of Ronald E. Schlatter of the northern Colorado town of LaPorte. Authorities say Lester had been living in Dayton under the name Agnes Ramey.

Police say Schlatter was shot to death following a scuffle at the Blue Chip Bar.

OMG! Are you friggin KIDDING ME!!??! I was floored when I read this. I feel absolutely terrible for Roberts family..The cops also, all the hard work they put into this case. I really hope they find what they need to bring her to trial.
She's live her life (albeit under an assumed name(guilty conscience) and took a man life,(with witnesses) she needs to pay!

Back